Have a Costa on me!

greenknight

Well this part of the election is almost done and its been great to see an increase in the activity on the site.

I've set up a small tab at the Costa in town so please feel free to have a Coffee on me. Once the gift card is gone it's gone, so just drinks if you please. I'm hoping to get a similar tab set up for the old market Costa but just need to check with the manager Anthony first.

Just state you are a Hereford Voice member and its compliments of GK.

All the very best.

Green Knight

Oh Green Knight!

What a lovely gesture!

It's Sods Law that I'm not in town this week! But what a thoughtful thing to do!

It depends on the taker uppers "boots".. don't laugh but my tab at the old market site might not get set up until tomorrow so if you dared to go there Saturday or early next week perhaps?

Greenknight - that's a super thought , thank you .

( I get my free coffee from Waitrose so others can take advantage of the offer )

Must add , that since the disaster in Nepal I and Mrs U have worked out how many free coffees we receive from Waitrose over a month and donated the amount to the Nepal Appeal . Our son is an Expedition Leader and exactly this time last year he was in Nepal with a group of Students - wonderful but so poor country .

I know , having served with the Gurkhas in Malaya and Boreno , as other know who have served in the Armed Forces that we owe the Gurkhas and Nepal so much .

Rambled on a bit , off post but I know you will understand.

Greenknight - that's a super thought , thank you .

( I get my free coffee from Waitrose so others can take advantage of the offer )

Must add , that since the disaster in Nepal I and Mrs U have worked out how many free coffees we receive from Waitrose over a month and donated the amount to the Nepal Appeal . Our son is an Expedition Leader and exactly this time last year he was in Nepal with a group of Students - wonderful but so poor country .

I know , having served with the Gurkhas in Malaya and Boreno , as other know who have served in the Armed Forces that we owe the Gurkhas and Nepal so much .

Rambled on a bit , off post but I know you will understand.

Understand Unique..an old or young employer of mine Dr Malcolm Russell is already out there..on BBC News last night. I'm x RAMC and believe these days the Gurkhas are in Tidworth,not sure but I think they form part of one of the rifle brigades.

Thankyou Green Knight, I was hoping to take a couple of coach loads of voters to Costa this weekend to see if I could sway the vote, but realise my voters would rather be in a bar somewhere, anyway Thankyou for the offer and for the intelligent posts you put up.

A nice thought but also going for a tab at the OLM Costa maybe a step too far. For a number on here the OLM is equivalent to hell on earth and they would probably turn to stone if they visited

I can envisage Bobby47 outside the Wellington swaying from side to side - one part of him wanting another shot of caffeine and another part pulling him away from the "antichrist" shopping centre

If only Two Wheels Good could pluck up the courage he could use the excellent cycle parking stands and have a coffee whilst watching over his bike

:Happy_32: :Happy_32: :Happy_32:

Costa Gate?  

Ubique, funny you should mention Nepal.  I have been trying to get a diagnosis for an ear problem for more than two years.   The last indifferent consultant I saw was Mike Smith whose apparently permanently taciturn face turned up wreathed in smiles in a photo in the Hereford Times showing him  in Nepal where he is going to set up a new clinic.  I suddenly understood how listening to middle aged women in Hereford whinging about their distorted acoustics and ear ache was a penance compared to the unimaginable suffering of people in this part of the world.  Apparently Mr Smith has an army of ladies knitting woolly hats because, as the audiologist explained, it's freezing over there and if you've just had your head shaved ...... 

It would have been nice if Mr Smith had smiled at me and had some ideas about my impending deafness but I wish him well and everyone else impelled to give some comfort in Nepal.   

Amanda , I have to wear two hearing aids for " noise induced hearing loss ," one thing I can say is that over the 12 years I have been a " Service User " ( think that's the correct NHS word ) I have no complaints about the Audiology Dept at the Hospital . The Service is excellent .

Hopefully they will sort out your hearing loss for the better . It's no fun being deaf .

Ah, Aylestone Voice!

You are correct..... my feelings on the OLM are quite well known!

Had I have been in town....and who knows, there is time yet.....I would have taken Green Knight up on his kind offer, of a High Town Latte.....! 

In a perfect world, I would always opt for Nutters courtyard for a quiet coffee, and a smoke...... however, local business versus chain is for another thread, and I would not be that churlish when Green Knight has made such a lovely gesture!

Heh all ok people's.. I'm not a prospective councillor looking for votes just very happy to buy coffee whilst maintaining anonymity to those who have engaged in written conversation over the last nine months.

The offer is their on both sites and it is just that an offer.

Ah, Aylestone Voice!

You are correct..... my feelings on the OLM are quite well known!

Had I have been in town....and who knows, there is time yet.....I would have taken Green Knight up on his kind offer, of a High Town Latte.....! 

In a perfect world, I would always opt for Nutters courtyard for a quiet coffee, and a smoke...... however, local business versus chain is for another thread, and I would not be that churlish when Green Knight has made such a lovely gesture!

You could always go to the Coffee cart on the OLM.They have very nice home made ice cream too.

Heh all ok people's.. I'm not a prospective councillor looking for votes just very happy to buy coffee whilst maintaining anonymity to those who have engaged in written conversation over the last nine months.

The offer is their on both sites and it is just that an offer.

Any takers' ?