The Dreadful Taser Gun.

bobby47

Why are the Police so fascinated with electricity and why do they seem intent upon electrocuting those of us who display a little public disobedience.

Never a day goes by when you read that they've made another poor soul ride the lightening bolt. Whether it's some guy up a tree howling at the moon and refusing to come down and be nicked because he's drunk and disorderly or the chap who's threatening to throw a slice of hot food in their direction, they get three unholy barbs fired at them and subsequently wriggle in agony for thirty seconds as fifty thousand volts find their way out of the poor so.ds body and down to toward the good earth.

It's my understanding that the Police Federation have placed a proposal before the Home Secretary requesting that every single Officer be issued a Taser so that the electrocution can continue.(I'd expect Roger to post a response)

I can't say I know a lot about Taser's and why they were issued to the Police in the first place, but I do know that the original purpose was to avoid lethal force, namely getting shot dead. So why, given that was the original intention, and I'm certain it was, why are the Police now punishing people for civil disobedience.

Not so long ago some poor man who was blind was walking up the road, minding his own business when the Police approached him, told him to drop the weapon which was a white stick and when he didn't, he to was made to ride the lightening bolt.

Why is this happening? Have the Police been able to shift away from the original pledge to only use the Taser if a life was threatened or are they now in an area that allows them to electrocute us if we present a threat to public order or we might punch someone.

Course if the latter is correct and they can now lawfully use this weapon to prevent civil unrest and punish, then my guess is it'll be down to the threat level an individual Officer feels before they decide to pull out the Taser and make you writhe in agony. So what happens if I come out of the Commercial acting like a fool and I come up against a seven foot beast of a copper who can quite easily deal with me. My guess is, I won't get electrocuted. But, if that Officer happens to be a young slip of a girl who's threat level is considerably lower, my guess is I'm going to ride the lightening bolt.

And what, pray tell is wrong with clumping someone upside the head with a stumpy, leather covered stick?

Or do they lack range?

Always used to be good enough.

Ooh...

As the average height of yonder policeman officers has decreased, so their non-lethal weaponry has increased.

Big copper = teeny truncheon.

Copper slightly less big = extending baton.

Copper height decreases some more = long hitting stick...

Now Tasers...

They've missed a step surely?  There was room for maybe a lump of wood with a nail in it first, before going down the electrification route?

Are they feeling angry and let down by their former friends in government who once stood by them as they bravely clubbed miners over the head from the relative safety of a horse's back?

Now that the Tory led government's betrayed them and their desire to cut, cut, cut has spread from the general population and come to rest upon the police, it could be time for the boys in blue to take out their resentment on members of the population who for whatever reason do not represent the police's idea of what a model citizen should be.

And so, they will electrocute them in the street.

This desire to watch people frazzle also proves, at least in their minds, that:

• They're extremely busy in their role of protecting the nation's citizens
  • They're deserving of the remuneration that's thrown in their direction
  • There is a rise in the population of crooks and ne'erdowells, which is getting out of control and the insufficient number of police available to deal with it (due to government cuts) is having difficulty keeping on top of it all
  • They are hard as nails

Bobby , well written .

Tasers £950 each - 18 hours training spread over 3 days .

Sure that Roger will know the reason why our Community Officers etal look very paramilitary .

Wonder why the U.S. Police wear their Body Armour / Stab Vests under their shirts whilst in the UK it's outside of their T Shirt . UK Police now look very intimidating at 10am in High Town. Perhaps the experts will say that by looking tough / aggressive it will calm down volatile situations .

Isnt this a good thing?

People going around their ordinary business will have nothing to fear.

Bobby - coming out of the commercial - perhaps singing and maybe even dancing - will have nothing to fear.

The "yob" - the person who "knows his rights" who "pays your wages" who is difficult to control may just think twice before being that tw*t to a police officer.

Whilst I believe Hereford is a safe place to live and work, I also see a "Jeremy Kyle" culture growing in Hereford.

Sad state of affairs - us "middle agers" are bringing up the next generation of teens to believe the world owes them, they are untouchable have no respect for authority and can do what they want.

I of course speak in general terms - there are some great "kids" out there - but the yobs are growing.

Ahh electricity well I've used it, even up to 360kilojoules because funny enough it can save life's too! To be fair an old colleague of mine did use defib paddles once on a 6ft drugged up 18 stone nutter who was hell bent on ripping the clothes off a nurse in a London A & E department! You see a couple of security chaps with expanding batons did not quite cut it!

The Police will always be a target because they are a sign of authority and some people don't like authority until of course you need them.

I should not worry though because once I.S.I.S or one of its affiliates kicks off a campaign here in the UK the deadly tazer will not have time to deploy or get anywhere near its victim because the victor would have off loaded a semi automatic assault rifle.

Sadly the old days off getting a bit lairy after a few pints have gone as it's pre lash plus beer plus drugs nights now. In my early days as a paramedic there was at least some recognition for what you did but now that's gone and police,fire service and healthcare workers are just there to be abused both physically and emotionally often by people who claim to hate bullies themselves.

Hypocrisy rules..

Bobby leads a charmed life .

I know that one afternoon quite recently he emerged from the Commercial waving The Sun / Guardian and to top it , the Daily Mail at a couple who had just left there - he was thinking , quite wrongly that this couple had left their papers - These papers belonged to the Commercial , delivered to and payed for by the Commercial

All I can say , from information received that it was a very good job that one of Herefords finest was not outside waiting with their Tazer charged and just looking for a reason to discharge it . All the evidence was there ....

And just let the Moderator of Bulls Banter try! Let this good soul and his well trained lap and attack dog Spencer come down the Commercial and even think of discharging their bloody voltage in my direction and they'll soon discover what it's like to take on a complete headbanger who lost any sense of fear many years ago after a regrettable confrontation with a beast of a man I had no business ever thinking I could better.

Just let the pair of them try! I'll be damned if it bothers me. There's three settings on that dreadful device. Fire and stun. Fire and make the recipient empty their bowels and writhe in agony and Fire and nearly kill the poor fool. They'd do well to fix their dreadful device on the final and ultimate setting because if ever I manage to get up again, douse myself in water to cool the heat upon my flesh and bone and recover from the terrible ordeal, I'm going to be reporting them to the Constable.

Personally, I am still surprised to see coppers on the beat alone and often attending a crime alone and all they have in the way of any protection is a poxy tazer gun, sorry but I think we should fall inline like many other European countries and all offers should be armed, especially with the recent events in Paris becoming more frequent and these other nutters like the two that attacked and killed Lee Rigby.

I'm with you on this Paul.

The Police have resisted attempts for a side arm to be a part of daily kit for decades however future events will no doubt dictate change.

A few years ago myself and a male paramedic were called to property in Bromyard where a young man was said to be in a distressed state of mind and known to the authorities. Guidelines set within WMAS state that you cannot enter the building until the Police arrive. We got near the address under blue light parked up and waited until a solo female officer arrived...all 5' 3" of her!

Then we went in..

Personally, I am still surprised to see coppers on the beat alone and often attending a crime alone and all they have in the way of any protection is a poxy tazer gun, sorry but I think we should fall inline like many other European countries and all offers should be armed, especially with the recent events in Paris becoming more frequent and these other nutters like the two that attacked and killed Lee Rigby.

Yes I am with you too. Times have changed and the World in which we all live is a completely different World from when I was a teenager where truncheons were enough protection for the average 6ft copper. It is time to give the police the equipment and tools needed to protect us and themselves and I think it is time to give them all sidearms. 

Yes I am with you too. Times have changed and the World in which we all live is a completely different World from when I was a teenager where truncheons were enough protection for the average 6ft copper. It is time to give the police the equipment and tools needed to protect us and themselves and I think it is time to give them all sidearms. 

What like guns,are you serious.

I'm with you on this Paul.

The Police have resisted attempts for a side arm to be a part of daily kit for decades however future events will no doubt dictate change.

A few years ago myself and a male paramedic were called to property in Bromyard where a young man was said to be in a distressed state of mind and known to the authorities. Guidelines set within WMAS state that you cannot enter the building until the Police arrive. We got near the address under blue light parked up and waited until a solo female officer arrived...all 5' 3" of her!

Then we went in..

I used to be against the police carrying guns in the UK but times have changed dramatically, particularly over the past 3 years. I would not want to be a police officer these days without personal protection, a taser gun is pretty useless against a gun or some nutters running at you with a machete. I think its time for a re-think. We need our police officers to be able to react quickly to a serious incident and not have to wait for armed police to arrive and to also be able to protect themselves, more often now you see police on their own, this is unheard of in Europe, cuts backs you could blame.  

Re arming all the Police Officers - I certainly have my doubts about arming the Police -

I think that first of all there should be a full review of the core role of the Police . I have always presumed that it's the Traffic Cars who were the Armed Response cars , ( highly trained drivers , experienced , level headed Officers etc ) today the papers have reported that in each Force the number of Traffic Officers / cars have been reduced - hence , in my humble mind the support for Armed Response Officers .

The Service wants dragging into the modern world - like a lot of large companies it's top heavy with management and a bit confused further down the chain.

So many roles I thought were the role of the Police have been " farmed out " to other agencies.

So as I said previously - let's have a full review of the role of the Police . ( But what do I know .....? )

Well I should not worry Ubique because the number of Police on the road has drastically reduced over the period of this government with also plans to reduce Police helicopter units to boot. Stealing a cash point out of a wall in Kington is easy pickings these days and people know it.

If I were to tell you that during the night hours only a handful of officers are on duty for the whole county looking after what a quarter of a million people!

Here's a top tip if you ever believe you are about to be burgled the intruders appear armed should you report this to the Police don't expect an immediate response as with such calls an armed response unit will be summoned and they could be 40 miles away! Sadly you will be on your own until then.

Today I drove down to the Royal Devon & Exeter Hospital to meet an old clinical colleague for a 9.00 shout. We were discussing an Anaesthetist who recently had to physically restrain a chap who had decided that it was the right and property time to strangle his wife as she worked on the intensive care unit at Neville Hall Hospital.( In the news current).

Anyway throughout that whole trip l did not see one marked Police vehicle. I saw driving on the hard shoulder, people using mobile phones,a lorry kick up a bollard which struck a highway agency chap getting into his stationery van.

I like to watch "call the midwife" for many reasons not just to reminisce about past life however we are in a new world now where people have a different .mindset towards life...which for some is very cheap and shallow.

They call it the thin blue line but for me it's more intermittent these days and like our roads faded out in places!