Harry Bramer

bobby47

I've been looking at his photograph. You can tell an awful lot by staring at the image of a local Councillor who's about to destroy something good and of importance to the people of Hereford.

For a starters, his eyes are to close together. I've never trusted a man whose got those eyes that imply, 'don't sit down and play three card brag with me because I'm a rotter, a cheat and a bloody big ninny.'

Course that ain't the whole lot. Not at all! You'd be a strange fish if you went around disliking everyone simply because their eyes were not to your liking. Im sure his loved ones would say, 'well, we like his bloody eyes just the way they are and anyone who says otherwise is an idiot and shouldn't have unfettered access to a keyboard.'

No! It's more than that. Much, much more than that. His head for example. Whilst its not overly huge, it ain't small and I don't like his hair cut. Where I come from you get a basin shoved on your cranium and the shears do the rest. This man takes great pride in his hair cut and that's another reason why I've come to the conclusion I wouldn't want to break bread with him. Anyone who takes that sort of pride in his hair cut instead of sitting down with a bowl on his head and getting his hair sheared off like the rest of us ain't to be trusted.

And I've been speaking to folk about Harry. He's not liked. I've yet to speak to anyone who says they like spending time with him fishing for barbel on the Wye. To a man, they say he's tight. Mean! So mean and tight, he'll turn the gas off when he turns the bacon over. That's bloody tight for you!

No! The facts here are speaking for themselves. This is a man with eyes set to close together, there's something about his head that I don't like, he ain't getting his hair cut like me and he's a man who's tight with his money.

Then there's the personality. Good grief! This poor man must have been badly scarred by his days as a child treading the boards playing King Herod every year until he reached puberty. It couldn't have been easy sat there when the teacher shouted, 'you boy. The one with the eyes set to close together. In all my days of producing Nativity Plays you are the best Herod Ive ever seen and whatsmore, if ever we decide to stage an Easter Play, you are my Pontius Pilate.

Yeah! You can tell an awful lot about someone by simply studying their photograph. And if you're reading this Harry, and you will be, unless you change course Im going to write you a part in a lurid tale about a man elected into Office who kept scurrying up my drainpipe demanding demanding something that I've yet to decide upon!

Leave the Working Boys Home be, build the Firestation that we don't need in some other place and stop destroying our heritage. Then, and only then will your torment end!

• Guests
Guest smartieno1

A truly wonderful piece of writing, that had me intrigued from the first word and then proceeded to reel me in further with every bated vowel and strained consonant, that Harry Bramer and his ilk are trouble and I mean TROUBLE..

The political class of this countyand the country as a whole, do not represent US.....they represent themselves, whilst pretending to represent us..choosing to use codes of conduct and rules and regulations as reasons for failing to do the right thing.  They no longer follow a moral code, nor do they feel compelled to do the HONOURABLE thing ...they just blindly and blithely do their masters bidding and to hell with the consequences on the little people.......

No doubt Harry Bramer, will cry that the demise of the Working Boys Home is not his fault, he was just following orders

Shame on you Harry Bramer

*** Holocaust Content Removed *** By Admin

• Guests
Guest smartieno1

If you don't like what I write..may I suggest you don't read it..that way you can't take offence when none was intended..

As for libel.....I am well aware of my limitations and I have not defamed Harry Bramer.....nor did I intend too 

Shame on anyone who tries to link the decision to sell a site for development with the holocaust

Agree 100% out of context and out of order!  :Thumbs-Down:

I do not agree with most Mr Bramer's politics either but lets have a debate about it and refrain from ANY association with the holocaust WTF were you thinking when you wrote those words?

• Guests
Guest smartieno1

We are walking ever closer to this country becoming a Facist state just like Nazi Germany ...I recall someone on another post suggesting Harry Bramer's power to make a one man decision...like that of a dictator...hence my reference to the worst dictatorship of them all......and with dictatorships comes the ever present threat of a modern day holocaust whether you like it or not.....

The Nazi's started by destroying buildings, books, communities and ideals then they moved on to destroying innocent people......and I make no apologies for referencing history in any way I chose.....

Shame on anyone who tries to link the decision to sell a site for development with the holocaust

I find the post extraordinary and grossly offensive. I've no doubt a screenshot has been taken by anyone so inclined to do so. And for the poster to defend the post just compounds the issue. :-S

• Guests
Guest smartieno1

and for those of you who are interested I have just learn't something interesting that might sum up your reactions to my original post and makes it clear that my referencing the Holocaust was a poor move on my part....regardless of how I try to justify it: 

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/news/6408927/Internet-rules-and-laws-the-top-10-from-Godwin-to-Poe.html

But I will defend my right to say whatever I PLEASE so long as I am big enough to suffer the consequences which I am..

and for those of you who are interested I have just learn't something interesting that might sum up your reactions to my original post and makes it clear that my referencing the Holocaust was a poor move on my part....regardless of how I try to justify it: 

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/news/6408927/Internet-rules-and-laws-the-top-10-from-Godwin-to-Poe.html

But I will defend my right to say whatever I PLEASE so long as I am big enough to suffer the consequences which I am..

It's others that have to suffer the consequences of what  you say you should be mindful of.

Bloody hell! Lets keep our eye on the ball here. Lets aim our wrath in the right direction. If Harry is reading this codswallop, and I know he is, he'll only become heartened by our bickering over some vague reference to the sins of the Nazis.

Lets not beat oneanother up over this. It's getting more and more difficult to express our opposition. I mean, talk on the Hereford Times is we'll be limited to 140 characters.

I can't manage with 140 characters. I'll never survive. I'll be done for. Finished! Bloody Hell? That's ten straight away. Rotten stinking Council? Another twenty characters gone. That's bloody thirty gone and I ain't even got started.

No! Lets not rip oneanother apart. Rather than kick our friend Smartiano, we should embrace him, say, 'lovely, welcome to the Club' and get on with the business, that is, taking the p.i.ss and lampooning.

If there is one thing that I know, and I heard from Ken Livingstone, politicians hate to be laughed at. They cannot stand it. Get your teeth out of Smartiano and bite them into Harry.

Please, come on. Lets pull ourselves together and push Harry into a corner. I promise you all this, he's already drafted his open letter to the Hereford Times because of Hereford Voice and the comments made upon Dippy's topic. Lets not let oneanother down and make it easy for Harry not to submit his letter that appeals to the sane and sensible to accept that Harry knows best and we don't matter.

Lets all pull in the same direction and stop the bickering.

• Guests
Guest smartieno1

What consequences cos are there?  Cos i really don't see the problem especially as I have offered to apply for legal aid to mount a judicial review

Dippy, Use all your skills to stop the bickering. At the moment, no matter what's said, Smartiano is getting it in the neck and it ain't helping the cause.

On a different note, Im looking for interesting scenario's for Harry to become the focus of fun. I ain't doing the Dogging anymore. I'll be damned if I fire him from a cannon and I ain't so keen to hear him tapping at my door late at night whilst I'm coerced into sexual relations with my wife of forty years. Any ideas?

I know precisely what you mean about the cannon!

Being fired from a cannon across the Lugg, is a fate reserved for very few.....Jarvis was the original recipient, I believe, and there have been a few who have come close.....but not Harry I feel.

I am slightly concerned about your comment regarding hairstyles.

Are you being fair??!

How sure are you that this IS Harry's hair, and not a syrup??

C'mon Bobby! What other research have you done??

• Guests
Guest smartieno1

Some interesting articles on the Fascist state of Britain.....and Hereforshire council and Harry B are part of the problem....in a democracy the decision to pull down the Working Boys Home would have been properly considered in the first place...then in the face of such opposition would have been put out for public debate but oh no...not in Neo-Nazi BRITAIN:

http://21stcenturyfix.org.uk/2012/03/is-modern-britain-on-its-way-to-becoming-a-fascist-state/

http://21stcenturyfix.org.uk/2013/02/on-cheapening-the-final-solution/

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/amazon-used-neonazi-guards-to-keep-immigrant-workforce-under-control-in-germany-8495843.html

Some of you guys need to wake up to what is really going on and keep your rose-tinted specs off

Lets not forget the right to protest has been criminalised..the right to free speech has been criminalised and the right to think freely has been removed and replaced by some poncey feminsed left-wing intellectual pseudo-bolloxs

I don't think we live in a neo Nazi state ... Just a Country where the people in Control just turn the screw just another cog when it's needed. And everyone just buys into it! Vince Cable has been under fire recently so went on R2 today to make himself appear nice again! By talking about off topic stuff! There is a ballot box in 2015 for the important stuff but no sign of anything remotely changing as the Etonian from Banking who got parachuted in to a Marginal will get in again obviously. 

What is the point of standing these days? You just lose a load of cash fighting the Establishment! And if you don't splash the cash then you might as well have not bothered! As they will have spent it to cement their position! 

Good Evening Smartieno1!

Whilst I absolutely respect the fact that everybody has a right to express their own views, can we stop for just one minute and think about the marvellous post that Our Bobby has produced??

It's a wonderfully light hearted lampoon, of a local politician....but there is much skill in its construction!
There's most definitely an art to writing in Bobbys' particular style!

I think the key to replying/responding to a post written by the inimitable Bobby, is to keep it light!!

There is nothing to say you shouldn't start a new thread, post your views in your style, and allow anyone who wishes, to respond to your comments there!

In a world where we are often swamped with serious issues, which merit serious comment, isn't it nice, that just now and then, we get a gem of a gift in the form of one of Bobby's pieces, where we can all be just a tad silly?? After all, Silliness is next to Godliness isn't it???!!!!! 

Harry Bramer's face - Bobby you saw so much in that face - to me he has the nondescript look down to a tee (to a tittle) (smallest detail).

I wouldn't recognise that face again if I fell over it on my doggy walks in Aylestone Park.  Nothing!

He is from far far far away land, the Penyard ward, t'other side of Ross.  Yet he meddles with our city to his heart's content.

He, with the power of himself, backed up to the clueless conservative club cabinet cabal, has claimed the right to be the man who decides.

Decides to further trash the fragile heritage of Hereford.

To sweep away the Boys home, to demolish, to destroy history and welcome ugly short shelf life, architecturally hideous,insignificant ordinary and inferior boxes.

And we allow this to happen.

Shame on us here.

What can we do to stop it?

There are around 12 more months of this to swallow.

Worse still - http://www.herefordconservatives.com/become-a-councillor/

These (imo idiots) plan to continue their reign.

This is all getting out of hand. I've no problem with the body parts beneath the neck. You'd be a hard to please sort if you started complaining about Harry's lower body parts. Im with his family and loved ones on this issue. There's nothing wrong with his lower body parts and if they, his family come on here kicking up a fuss because some of you lot ain't happy with all the stuff beneath the neck, Im going to side with them.

All Im saying is there is something about the head, the area above the neck that's upsetting me and that's it. Nothing else. Im not one of those odd sorts who'll find fault in anything. Not at all. As soon as I glanced at the area beneath the neck my initial thoughts were, 'lovely. You'd be a fool to find fault with that. It's a lovely body'

It's the head and that's it. Why is the head bothering me? Truthfully I don't know but there's something about it and whatever it is I don't bloody like it and while we live in a free democracy, if I don't like someone's head Im going to say I don't like your head.

And whatsmore, if ever Harry comes up my path, taps on my door keen to borrow a bowl of sugar and a jug of milk, Im going to say, 'Harry from hereon when you come up my path begging me for my sugar and milk you wear this bloody balaclava because I don't like your head'. And, having forced the bloody hand knitted garment upon his head and down across his face, he best not start moaning, 'I can't see a bloody thing. These eye holes are to wide apart for me eyes'.

Brilliant bobby a right dazzler!

Anyway I'd say he probably likes old gangster movies does our old Harry? you know the sort the one's James Cagney would have starred in? So more mafioso than nazis pinstriped suits & pork pie hats kind of thing & it wouldn't surprise me if he owns an old violin case too? I can just picture him standing in front of a mirror saying "you dirty rat" or "I'm gonna make him an offer he can't refuse or even "leave the gun. & take the cannolie" capiche!!… So bobby beware if he comes walking up your pathway carrying that old violin case?……Cos it won't just be the sugar & milk he's after?! He'll be coming to make you an offer you can't refuse for your sugar, milk & anything else you may possess to sell to the lowest bidder?!

There are around 12 more months of this to swallow.

Worse still - http://www.herefordconservatives.com/become-a-councillor/

These (imo idiots) plan to continue their reign.

That page is years old - it features the former councillor Nick Vaughan - long gone I'm pleased to say. There were questions about expenses and work for a lobby firm in London without declaring it, with one of the lobby firm's principal clients being Amey. Glossed over as a clerical error ...

Good Grief, Bobby!

If what Cambo says is correct, you need to be extremely vigilant when opening the door to your three bedroom semi, when a stranger tippy toes up your garden path, and tap, tap taps at your main entrance!

Have you considered extra locks?

Maybe CCTV?

Or, letting the wife answer....armed with her trusty frying pan!!

Anyone know any good Bramerboobs?!

Anecdotes featuring Bramerisms?

Come to think of it below the necklace area may be remarkable in some way, as above is pretty non-descript.

Bobby certainly has no complaints in that direction, despite the close proximity of eyes and the inference other attributes may be too closely set (or not).

Personally I have not viewed Bramer in the flesh, have no inclination in that direction and can have no opinion, bereft of the experience happily.

Oh it's all kicked off on my Facebook page. Harry's been on. Him and his bloody head. I wished I'd never bothered. It's getting to the stage where you've gotta bite your lip and say nothing about another's head.

Folk get all precious about their head. Me? I couldn't care less about me bloody head. It's of no concern to me but Harry ain't happy.

He writes, 'whilst I fully accept my eyes are to close together and my hair cut is on the tidy side, I take exception to negative comments made about my head.'

I replied, 'clear off Harry. I diligently recycle my rubbish and Im entitled to an opinion about your head. I don't like what's going on inside your head, namely the intent you appear to have to destroy our heritage and for reasons beyond any rational understanding, I've taken a dislike to the outer parts of your skull, namely the head. To clarify, all I see beneath the neck I like. I'll fight any man or woman who argues otherwise. You've a lovely body and I wouldn't blame any man or woman needing to become intimate with it. It's your bloody head I've a problem with and I'll be damned if I ever say otherwise.

Bravo Bobby!

You keep telling it as you see it!

I have had a word with my trusty contact at The Whitecross Weavers Guild, and as orders have all but dried up for The Jesse Norman Tea towel, they are more than happy to take on the task of producing balaclavas, with eye holes closer together!

Now, there's an offer Harry would be foolish to ignore!

It would keep everyone happy!!