Organised Sex Trade in Hereford?

bobby47

I'm given to understand that young and vulnerable young women have been used and exploited in a Brothel in Commercial Road and the Police have raided the establishment,

That's the gossip and its all over the place. Because it is 'gossip' I won't name the premises but because of the concern of growing reports of Syphilis and other STD, I thought I'd add to the tittle tattle, rumour and innuendo and let you all know.

Twowheelgood , I now accept that I was in the wrong by making light of a serious problem. I misunderstood Bobbys post which I presumed was in keeping with the holiday mood we find him in. Was not privy to previous complaints and action by the authorities.

I think many folk think of prostitution as the "oldest profession in the world."

Women on street corners, chewing gum, and smoking whilst waiting for a regular punter.

Think about young girls, forced into this way of life. Think about a life where you have no choice, and certainly don't make any money. Think about there being no conceivable escape route from this life.

Think, abuse.

That is what this is.

I am pleased that this establishment has been raided, and maybe this miserable existence may end for a few. Some people may be surprised that here in Hereford we even have issues like this. Sadly, we absolutely do. Their lives are lived under the radar of most folks. Any initiative that highlights this serious issue, and can bring those who profit from these vulnerable girls to book, should be applauded.

as a new member to this site, can I please ask a question does any one have any ideas why the HT haven't picked up on this story, if it was in other parts of country it would be national headlines, look at oxford recently I believe, and Blackburn. i'm confused ??

I think the HT generally just cut and paste from the WMP website about crime related issues. If this 'story' has not been on there then they won't have anything to go on ... 

As a member of this site for a number of months --and who is banned from the Hereford Times Comments I can say that that the HT do not want to rock the boat , there is never any investigate journalism , they just go with the flow - for example they reported that there had been an RTC on the A 49 just outside the HT offices , two lines , nothing more . When there was an alleged Robbery near to the underpass leading from Eign Gate to Eign St there was more information from this site (HV) than the HT who could / should have sent a reporter to cover what was apparently a very serious incident . They had no concern for the alleged victim. The story's are there but the HT do not appear to want , for whatever reason to follow / report them.

As a member of this site for a number of months --and who is banned from the Hereford Times Comments 

That's if the story has the comments section activated for a story. Very often it hasn't got one. I can understand various subjects being closed for comment (we know the ones) but sometimes stuff that is particularly innocuous or non controversial for libel purposes is given the same treatment.

As for not sniffing out or chasing potential stories pro actively then maybe they haven't got the budget to do it? But the Eign Gate Shipley's thing deserved a better response than what was given.

roger and ubique I thank you for your reply, it seems I have a lot to learn about the local press, and their thinking, and one must ask, when if this did happen, why isn't the local police issuing a statement. it seems everything round here is very hush hush secret squirrel etc etc.???

roger and ubique I thank you for your reply, it seems I have a lot to learn about the local press, and their thinking, and one must ask, when if this did happen, why isn't the local police issuing a statement. it seems everything round here is very hush hush secret squirrel etc etc.???

I was one of the Hereford City Centre Police Constables until 2009 .... I think I did it for 11 years .... Hope this clears your confusion up! Obviously 5 years out of the loop but not entirely daft! :-) 

Hereford Times may cover this later - who knows?

I agree with Ubique on the Hereford Times not liking to rock the boat or being particularly proactive.

Online Jess Phillips did the £1 million lottery winner article very quickly and thoroughly researched exciting ways to spend the money.

In comparison the story on Jesse Norman being the perceived front runner in the 2015 MP election was quickly "de-activated" (lost from the visible lists of active articles).  My thoughts were it was attracting lots of anti- Jesse comments as could be predicted and maybe Jesse was not enjoying that. 

As for not sniffing out or chasing potential stories pro actively then maybe they haven't got the budget to do it? But the Eign Gate Shipley's thing deserved a better response than what was given.

It's far more likely that it's political, I've submitted press releases to them before that have been ignored and later picked up by the national press. If it doesn't fill their agenda or pockets, it seems that they don't want to know.

Hereford Times may cover this later - who knows?

Then it wouldn't be news :P

Online Jess Phillips did the £1 million lottery winner article very quickly and thoroughly researched exciting ways to spend the money.

Ah Jess Phillips, no guessing who her mother is  ;) She has a history of writing articles about her friends, I would hazard a guess that she knows the winner.

She does, I fully agree with you about that!

I also agree with you that the HT is a frustrating "news"paper.

I also agree with you about Hereford Football Club and the posts you made re that.

But - as Im sure we will see as posts go on, I disagree with you on so many other things.

In fact, you are the reason why I joined this site.

Perhaps - once you have checked out what I say - you can come back to this thread and confirm I am right?

Nope - didnt get kicked off of HT, but I do scan that on occasion - I dont post there, in fact, this is the only Hereford based site I post on.

It does frustrate me how many people spout their personal opinions as fact, when clearly they have little grasp, apart from their own personal opinion on the facts of the issue.

I have no intention of giving my name here, as that could put my position in jeopardy, but I will only comment on things I do have some information/knowledge on and over time I have seen posts from many "famous names" who clearly have no knowledge about the issues they post on.

I just couldnt hold back any longer and had to create an account. 

Nope - didnt get kicked off of HT, but I do scan that on occasion - I dont post there, in fact, this is the only Hereford based site I post on.

It does frustrate me how many people spout their personal opinions as fact, when clearly they have little grasp, apart from their own personal opinion on the facts of the issue.

I have no intention of giving my name here, as that could put my position in jeopardy, but I will only comment on things I do have some information/knowledge on and over time I have seen posts from many "famous names" who clearly have no knowledge about the issues they post on.

I just couldnt hold back any longer and had to create an account. 

That amused me! These forums generally generate an IP address to the Moderator ... Not rocket Science to trace that and to narrow your identity down!