Graham Powell

Denise Lloyd

I have known for several weeks about this and it may not be news to any of you guys but here goes.

Two points I will make at this stage.

Firstly I truly believe it was a great shame that Graham P did not manage to knock Johnson off his throne.

Secondly Indies and IOC please this time do not try to compete talk and think carefully how you are go to play this. If you 2 compete we will end up with another Con in on the Ward.  Get the strategy right this time!! 

post-865-0-19956000-1491300762_thumb.jpg

Denise, there was never any love lost between Graham and myself when I was a councillor that said,  he was wasting his time trying to de-throne Johnson. What ward are you talking about? what I have heard recently IOC are fighting amongst themselves and one of their councillors have walked the floor and joined the Independents!.

Denise, there was never any love lost between Graham and myself when I was a councillor that said,  he was wasting his time trying to de-throne Johnson. What ward are you talking about? what I have heard recently IOC are fighting amongst themselves and one of their councillors have walked the floor and joined the Independents!.

Nothing new there then.

It is a great shame Graham is stepping down - he is a genuine bloke and probably one of the very few that could have pulled the County out of its terminal tailspin. I wish him and his raincoat all the very best. 

Charles Nicholls has left It’s Our County and continues as an unattached parish councillor - he hasn't joined the Independents as far as I am aware. I once had great hopes for IOC but, following their completely shambolic approach to the last elections, which resulted in yet another term of Tory asset stripping, I don't see them as a credible alternative. Likewise the Independents (who are from far independent when it suits them).

twowheelsgood, Charles Nichols has joined the Independents he was out leafleting for them in the recent by-election. I was told this evening that Graham has stepped down because he and his family are going to live in Shropshire in 6 weeks time.

Charles has joined the independents this is new to me?

Good luck to Graham in his move to Shropshire

• 2 months later...

Back in April 2017 Graham Powell announced he was leaving the Council.  I know he has moved I know he has said his goodbyes to his various Parish Councils so can only presume he is no longer a Councillor.   If he is is he still getting paid? Or is Golden Valley unrepresented?

It would have been cost effective to hold the election for his replacement on the same day as the General Election this was not done Why not? Are the Cons struggling to find a suitable candidate or are they still grooming a likely replacement?    

• 3 weeks later...

I was told tonight by good authority that there will be three by-elections happening Graham Powell, Pat Morgan and Mark Mancell. Pat Morgan  cabinet member for adult social care and wellbeing will go to Paul Rone , and Paul Rone cabinet position will now go to Barry Durkin. Charles Nicholls will stand as candidate for Independents  in Kings Acre ward  to replace  Mark Mancell (IOC). Cllr Lester will take the place of deputy Leader of the Council replacing Pat Morgan.

Not sure who told Glenda that Rone would get adult services, but that is unlikely. Mancell is on long term sick leave and no by- election pending, and Morgan has given up, as of 1st August, the Deputy Leader, and Johnathon Lester will take her place and continue with children's services.

Pat Morgan  cabinet member for adult social care and wellbeing will go to Paul Rone

Surely not a scandal in the offing? I mean, she did such a good job with the young people portfolio.  If her successor ends up taking the flak it could be a case of "Taxi for Rone!"

The cabinet appointments are:

Councillor Tony Johnson - Leader of the council/corporate strategy and budget

Councillor Jonathan Lester - Deputy leader of the council/young people and children’s wellbeing

Councillor Harry Bramer - Contracts and assets

Councillor David Harlow - Economy and corporate services

Councillor Nigel Shaw - Finance, housing and ICT

Councillor Philip Price - Infrastructure

Councillor Paul Rone - Health and wellbeing

Councillor Barry Durkin - Transport and roads

Taken from HT and despite what Chris Chappell said Glenda was quite correct

Dip I think Pat has bought a yacht so will be doing the sailing herself - might be wrong on that one!

Stop it!

£287,320. Blimey.

So.....she's off for 5 years sailing the seven seas. And you're quite right, Megilleland - there's plenty of room for the whole rotten bunch.

Pity there wasn't a competition to name it.....I'm sure we could have come up with a few good ideas.

I quite like 'Inadequate.'

A little reminder of the state she left children's services in.

Or Maybe ....'Asset Stripper' ?? It has a certain...something, don't you agree?

I will never forget (King Bobby was sitting in the back row at the Kindle Centre and can confirm this) Cllr Morgan's presentation to Hereford Civic Society some years ago, on the theme of the county's 'heritage assets', when she spoke movingly about feather-edged boarded rural bus shelters. I promise I'm not making this up!