Burger king coming to Hereford

Robmozz

burger-king-squarelogo.png.eb26a54577e3c911b51040712d35930a.png

Does anyone know where this will be situated? I've heard conflicting things. One friend has said it's going in the former Lakeland shop on commercial street and another has said it's going in the former poundworld shop at the Brooks retail park. More entry level employment opportunities can only be good for Hereford 

Jobs advertised here

If it was going anywhere I'd say on the Brook retail park but parking and drive through would be a few problems there.
If you dig a little deeper it comes up with it being located as 29 High Street but there is no number 29.
There is also the possibility that they have spelt Hertford wrong 

A few responses from Burger King UK on its Facebook site.

Hi, we don't have any information about new store openings available at present I'm afraid.

A responce from me asking if the advert was incorrect..

Hi there, it may be an independent franchisee, we don't have any details of this opening available. If you're interested in the role, we suggest you submit your details and get in touch directly. Thank you, and good luck.

1 hour ago, Denise Lloyd said:

Sorry missing the point here but why is everybody getting so excited about a Burger King?  No doubt somebody will enlighten me! 

Apparently lots of local young people have been wanting a BK in Hereford for sometime and some speculation that one could be opening at the Old Market 

Is it just Hereford folk who like to speculate on what and where a new venture is opening. Usually their mate or a bloke down the road/ pub said , then the next fool adds a bit more and it's not BK after all it's Hard Rock Cafe and they will be taking over the old Chadds building blah blah blah....   

• 3 weeks later...

Burger King have started a massive expansion plan in the UK looking to open a further 200 restaurants.
They struck a deal with equity firm Bridgepoint a year ago to become the restaurant chain’s UK master franchisee who then bought up Caspian UK Group
who were BK's franchaise partners. 

• 2 months later...

Can somebody please answer a question of mine.  Burger King say there will be 50 Full time employees yet Pepes Piri Piri say they will be employing 5 full time and 3 part time staff.

It makes no difference to me apart from employment for the youngsters but why the enormous difference?  Are Burger King's proposed premises 6 times larger than Pepes proposed premises.

2 hours ago, Denise Lloyd said:

Can somebody please answer a question of mine.  Burger King say there will be 50 Full time employees yet Pepes Piri Piri say they will be employing 5 full time and 3 part time staff.

It makes no difference to me apart from employment for the youngsters but why the enormous difference?  Are Burger King's proposed premises 6 times larger than Pepes proposed premises.

I think the property Burger King has is two buildings knocked into one.The last time I went into Pepes new gaff it was pretty small.