New European Shop For South Wye Hereford.

Colin James

The owners of the European shop in Whitecross Road Hereford are opening a new store on Belmont Road. This building has been empty for some time. There have been various attempts at pop up shops over the years but unfortunately none have ever lasted for too long, lets hope this new venture is successful for the new owners/tenants.

Belmont Road Hereford.jpg

Remember where you heard it first! #herefordvoice

• 2 weeks later...

Quick update, never quite understand why they feel the need to say Polski Sklep (Polish Shop) when in fact the people are not even Polish and most of the produce is from all over Europe.

Is the product range similar to what you would expect to find in a regular established Polish Shop run by Polish people ? Probably.

My corned beef I buy probably comes from Brazil .... In Tesco.

People will obviously have the choice to stay in Europe in the EU vote which is sometime in the next two years. I think the genie is out of the bottle but there you go! 

Is the product range similar to what you would expect to find in a regular established Polish Shop run by Polish people ? Probably.

My corned beef I buy probably comes from Brazil .... In Tesco.

People will obviously have the choice to stay in Europe in the EU vote which is sometime in the next two years. I think the genie is out of the bottle but there you go! 

Yes it it similar range of produce but probably only 40% is Polish in general the rest is Czech, Russian, Latvian, Lithuanian, Slovakian etc 

As far as I am aware the owners are not Polish.

• 4 weeks later...

Apparently parking bays have been painted outside the shop causing pedestrians to walk in the road to get around the parked vehicles. A violation already perhaps?

To be fair, I had a look around inside the other day and they have spent a lot of money, it looks nice, however, I think as a customer I would prefer not to be totally enclosed and at least part of the door should of been just glass so that people can see in and out. Perhaps they do not want people to see what is going on inside...

Regarding the painted parking spaces, yes, I attempted to park my car (which is quite small) and I was clearly obstructing the pavement, so I moved the car onto the roadside. Ideally, they would of been better off painting the spaces diagonally which would of reduced the amount of spaces but clear of the footpath.

• 2 months later...

I noticed the electronic sign moving about a lot in the wind, would they of needed planning for such a sign?

Probably not, I have not see any application and I had a quick look. These people are the same people who own the shop opposite Steels in Whitecross Rd, I believe they are friends of the other Kurdish shop owners in Eign Gate. The reason the shop windows and doors are totally covered maybe to prevent people seeing inside? Why is that then?