Bill Tanner

Roger

• 4 months later...

I see Bill Tanner is now part of Herefordshire Live - the latest media offer from the Allpay group.

Allpay wanted to create a game-changer, to bring something new to Herefordshire’s media scene.

Live was launched in December 2015 as an exclusively on-line celebration of events, culture, lifestyle and sport that covered what the county was becoming.

Behind the scenes is a team of six bringing experience across the media offer to a site packed with content, high quality visuals and stories of those daring to challenge convention and limitation alike.

Brilliant!

This is what I've been waiting for! I'd heard rumblings s few months ago that Bill was going to author some pieces for a new online political forum.... and now it appears it's up and running!

Just one problem.... it would seem you have to have a Facebook account in order to comment!

Some extremely interesting reports on here already, and the forum looks great!

Well done Bill!

The host company Allpay are a fantastic provider of exceptionally fast and efficient broadband and also a LOCAL company starting from very small premises.

Sadly they are withdrawing from the broadband business what a shame HC did not work with them preferring to use BT.  Allpay are already removing their equipment from areas and I alongwith many others dread the day they do the same In Kingstone. I am hearing nightmare tales of alternative providers and BT are not coming out in a very good light.

Excellent find Meggleland that will wake HT up perhaps and HC will quaking in their shoes

I suppose it'll make a chance from HT's current raft of "Cat stuck up tree, not many dead" stories but I thought Allpay were webbed up with HC in a major way so wouldn't hold my breath on Council expose stories. Also a mate who used to work for them says they're pretty useless at project management, so we'll see what transpires before getting too excited.

Pete Boggs, Bill was never afraid to expose the council questionable dealings so why do you think he won't now he with Allpay?.

I was more concerned about the attitude of his employer. You may recall that the HT used to get some flak for pulling its punches  under the editorship of the fragrant Ffffffiona, Something to do with not offending a a major advertiser as I recall. Looking at the Herefordshire Live page they do seem to feature a number of Council stories although the Amey one seems largely cobbled together  from Bill Tanner's old HT pieces and is in dire need of proof reading. One sub-heading reads the The Amey Dispite. Not a particularly auspicious start but hopefully things will improve. The Hereford Times could certainly do with a spot of competition.

The hint is in one of my comments.  Originally Allpay were to pick up the broadband that BT could not reach  in the more rural areas but word is that Allpay and HC have had a fall out which is a great shame.

Thereby hangs a tale I suspect Denise.

Good looking website although I wonder how many views it's getting compared to the HT.  Didn't see any comments on any of the stories I looked at. Given the amount of semi-literates, caps lock addicts and not-rights that regularly infest the HT web pages this may not be a bad thing.

• 4 weeks later...

This is great news and a very refreshing format with sharp delivery of pages and topics. Would like to see a forum site because Dippy is right we have stopped discussing many key issues on HV particularly around politics.

Just had a look at Hereford Live. Interesting to see Bill Tanner delving into the council's affairs and writing stories with detail which do not make it into the Hereford Times.