Another Topic Removed

Colin James

I have received many complaints again about the recent topic create by smartieno1 and after taking into account all the comments made within, that the best course of action was in my opinion to remove the topic altogether, which I have now done. If smartieno1 has an issue with this decision then he needs to take that up with me.

I see Colin is taking a load of abuse on Phil Smart fb page from one of his friends, I do not see smartieno1 defeding Colin, (not that he needs defending) and this is from a non member who obviosly would not of been able to read the thread, no need for that sort of abuse, which was exactly the theme of smartieno1's topic, ironic.

Dippy it was the same old stuff

Smartie1 - the Council are against me and I am the victim again because they told me off for abusing a member of staff!

Wirrall - everyone in the Council is crooked and IIRC there was something about Saville

So you were well out of it. The only thing missing was Bobby47's input

Colin did the right thing IMO

Dippy it was the same old stuff

Smartie1 - the Council are against me and I am the victim again because they told me off for abusing a member of staff!

Wirrall - everyone in the Council is crooked and IIRC there was something about Saville

So you were well out of it. The only thing missing was Bobby47's input

Colin did the right thing IMO

Not everybody in the council is crooked and it's very wrong of you to suggest that I've EVER said they all were, on here or anywhere else.

Relax. I won't play the 'libellous' card as that's for overgrown schoolboys.

It is safe to suggest however that the required number of senior officers and their Unison friends ARE crooked enough...

...to keep the whole charade stumbling from one disaster to the next.

At the risk of incurring everyone's wrath I feel compelled to say something. I await the inevitable ...

It's wrong to assume that people who aren't members can't read the threads they can. We are trying to attract people to the voice and as far as I was concerned we wanted people to feel free to have their say without fear of reprisals, whoever that person may be. People did not have to comment on the thread it was easy to ignore it.

An outsider reading that thread would in my opinion think very careful before they posted for fear of being attacked. What we had was someone who appears to be known to people who have personal opinions based on their interactions or knowledge, which others aren't privy too. It got personal..

People like myself do not know the member in question and can only respond to the thread based on what we see posted, which others will quite rightly do. I am sorry but surely people can see how those posts would be perceived?

It went off topic. Which is what I assume Colin was talking about and I hope the complaints he received were along those lines. I am glad the post was removed because I wouldn't want to discourage new members. However I do hope people will think about the comments in the thread and reframe from personal attacks in the future, it was akin to a gang mentality in my personal opinion. The poster has a right to his or her say whether people agree with it or not and they should feel free to do so. I think it would have been fairer to remove the comments as opposed to the topic, (sorry I am entitled to my opinion). Removal of the thread appears to sanction the behaviour, which in hindsight I'm hoping people can see was wrong.

As far as WirralPC commenting on the 'bullying thread' I would hope that people would reframe from accusations of him 'banging on about it'. The bullying and harassment of disabled employees needs to be 'banged on about' lest we forget? For those not privy to the full story that incident left people involved completely traumatised and unable to move on. Whilst Geoff Hughes is 'banging on about protecting staff' from abuse I have to say that only applies when it suits the Councils agenda.

Lessons were not learned by the Council in the wake of that investigation and to date bullying continues at Herefordshire Council. So I for one will bang on about it until it stops! I hope WirralPC continues to do the same.

Best wishes to all..

I see Colin is taking a load of abuse on Phil Smart fb page from one of his friends, I do not see smartieno1 defeding Colin, (not that he needs defending) and this is from a non member who obviosly would not of been able to read the thread, no need for that sort of abuse, which was exactly the theme of smartieno1's topic, ironic.

With regard to the above comments from Bill, I shared a conversation with him earlier and explained that I had pulled this topic before it really got going, Bill has also commented on fb to someone who would not of had time to of read the comment as it was pulled before the fb thread began, hence why the fb thread was started and I think that is why Bill made the comments above. I am still somewhat confused as to why smartieno1 decided to start a topic on his fb about the topic being pulled here, I can only assume it was to get his allies to agree with him and say I was wrong..but as I said, I am assuming. I make no apology for removing the topic and stand be my reasons for doing so.

Not good to see anybody being ganged up on by a posse who appear strangely oblivious to very real council bullying. All very unsavoury. Yes, it was a good call to remove it.

I need to clarify something else here, if a member says something or creates a topic that nobody agree's with, then are those members who disagree then in a gang/posse and in turn bullies? 

No, they're not bullies per se. Neither is smartieno1, on the evidence of what he posts up here.

But smartieno1's posts flushed out almost precisely the same characters, with similar ill-informed, out of proportion comments, on a previous post I remember; hence the reference to a posse.

No, they're not bullies per se. Neither is smartieno1, on the evidence of what he posts up here.

But smartieno1's posts flushed out almost precisely the same characters, with similar ill-informed, out of proportion comments, on a previous post I remember; hence the reference to a posse.

Well opinions I guess, its just when it becomes personal its wrong. I think your suggestions that all the member who commented are ill informed is unfair though. We will never all agree or the world would be a boring place.

That seems like progress. But I refer you to the main points I made in the now removed thread:

o The council itself was found to be bullying

o Mr Hughes' letters are selective, aimed at repairing the council's embattled reputation & are thoroughly disingenuous

o The 'bullying of disabled employees thread' contains 12+ pages, and holds all the information you need to inform yourselves and thereby avoid making damn-fool observations such as: "Mr Smart is wasting public funds"

o The council is wasting public funds on a grand scale

o The council is in cahoots with persons (Unison's and its own employees) who are "mis-selling" the very concept of what unions exist to do