Southern Link Road Preferred Route

megilleland

Yes I know James Stokes IOC has sent in 2 objections.  My legal advisor told me today that you can send in as many as you like.  You are not limited to one.

If the Inspector agrees the Core Strategy in Spring 2016 then the Western Relief road will be in a tablet of stone until 2032. It is part of the Core Strategy document. It doesn't mean it will go ahead but it will have the Government approval and that will be the corridor they will follow.

I had a look at the objections on the Council website and was surprised to see so few, but then I read on the Council planning search page today that "We are currently publishing representations received on 27 May 2015" which means that any objections received in the last 2 weeks have not yet been put on their website.

I hope there have been some objections in the last 2 weeks but it is very difficult to try and make a comment with so many documents. I am not certain what I should be looking at, and I cant open all 107 of them, my computer might die on me (though I don't think I have the internet access to download and view a lot of the files).

It's an incredible number of documents to read within a relatively short space of time which is also something worth objecting to!!

I have objected to the environmental impact studies many of which were done via the " desktop approach" Could not find a bird count, a snapshot flora/fauna observation done over just two days, questionable descriptions of ancient woodland just a few examples Maggie of how you can pick holes in the process.

Yes I have sent 2 letter of objections, my first one isn't very good so sent a second much better letter in this week using my work address.

If this SLR goes ahead then they have to 2032 to build the western relief road, in the meantime they will build a 1000 houses at kings Acre and the Grafton plus lower Bullingham is set to expand this will just turn Hereford into one big car park, at least the Belmont road will be a nice place to be stuck in your car with its new boulevard of trees while we wait for the 1000+ extra vehicles to come down Ross road and go around Asda roundabout.

I've yet to find anyone who likes or wants this link road (apart from some idiots in the council) every business owner from Rotherwas I've spoke to wants a eastern bridge but it seems as if the powers to be are deaf to what the people of the county want, when I stood to be councillor I was under the belief that you did what the people wanted.

Nice one Jimbo!

The timescales are all very tight.Even if they get the go ahead for this it will probably be at least 2019 before completed and then just another 12 years or thereabouts to build a bridge and the rest of this supposed western relief road.

Does anyone know how long it took to build the A49 around Leominster?

All the docs about the SC2 route are so difficult. Why couldn't they name them properly to signpost what each is about? Who has time to go through all 107?

But as others have said, they really don't seem to have looked at the environmental stuff at all properly. They keep ignoring the fact that Grafton Wood, that will be bisected by the new road, (even if it does not have so many trees), is ancient woodland just like Newton Copse and Hayleasow Wood. These were all once part of Haywood Forest, right back to Domesday. There is a footpath between the A49 and Grafton Wood, and the first part has old trees, ditches and a huge bank along it that is probably the old forest boundary.  On the map of hedges surveyed for SC2 this has apparently not been looked at, at all, but this is our local heritage!

I have not found anything at all to read about archaeology. Surely there must be a lot to find around here, so close to the Rotherwas Ribbon? Surely they can't ignore all that too,  - can they?

post-900-0-02504600-1434098659_thumb.jpg

All the docs about the SC2 route are so difficult. Why couldn't they name them properly to signpost what each is about? Who has time to go through all 107?

But as others have said, they really don't seem to have looked at the environmental stuff at all properly. They keep ignoring the fact that Grafton Wood, that will be bisected by the new road, (even if it does not have so many trees), is ancient woodland just like Newton Copse and Hayleasow Wood. These were all once part of Haywood Forest, right back to Domesday. There is a footpath between the A49 and Grafton Wood, and the first part has old trees, ditches and a huge bank along it that is probably the old forest boundary. On the map of hedges surveyed for SC2 this has apparently not been looked at, at all, but this is our local heritage!

I have not found anything at all to read about archaeology. Surely there must be a lot to find around here, so close to the Rotherwas Ribbon? Surely they can't ignore all that too, - can they?

The archaeology report has not been finished yet from what I gathered from the meeting at the kindle centre last Friday?

Yes Cambo I heard that at last week's meeting.

This is interesting and hopefully useful

I got my objection to the main modifications in by the skin of my teeth - literally two paragraphs five minutes before the deadline.  This time I'll start earlier and will try to get mine in by Sunday evening.  This means it will probably be glorious weather over the weekend. 

The traffic case doesn't stack up either.  Clouberry is right: the documents seem to have been listed as unhelpfully as possible.  If only I didn't have to work.

Somebody has written a letter asking for a time extension, because of all the documents which need to be read. I'm in the same boat as Cloudberry, on this little notebook think, I don't think I would be able to open/download them all, without something crashing, and "a fatal error has occurred" appearing on my screen...... again!

In response to your other comment, Green Knight, yes, I have lodged an on line objection. It's not showing yet. We had similar issues when we were getting objections in about The Working Boys Home...... they were running 2/3 weeks behind. 

(And Cloudberry, they saw fit to tarmac over The Rotherwas Ribbon, they really don't care much for heritage or history, it would appear......)

I have today received a response from Andrew Jones MP Parliamentary Under Secretary of state regarding the Hereford Southern Relief Road. I will try and get this scanned into my PC and then posted onto Hereford Voice.

It's all about houses...but see what you think.

Will try and sort today.

CAMPAIGN TO HALT AND REVISE THE PLANNING APPLICATION FOR THE SOUTHERN LINK ROAD
Here for Hereford has been contacted by many of their supporters who cannot easily download the Planning Application documents (No. 151314) for the Southern Link Road, so much so that Here for Hereford has requested that Herefordshire Council re-submit the Planning Application with a revised set of documents. The purpose of revising the documents would be to make them easier to read. Each document should have its own self-explanatory title and each document should stand on its own, rather than be buried within other documents. At the moment the difficulties associated with studying the current documents risk the consultation itself being found to be in breach of guidelines for public consultations.

And that's what I thought Denise.

Just to see that these guys talk to each other and send out the same message I also wrote to the Minister himself! I'd like to see another response just to compare wording.

I've written to the Herefordshire Nature Trust and Herefordshire Ornithological Club to enquire whether they have undertaken surveys along this route.

I'm looking for the right address for HRH Prince Charles probably via the Duchy of Cornwall Office and I feel either the Hereford Transport Forum or Here for Hereford should make contact with national media particularly Countryfile who have raised the topic of council owned farms before.

What about the NFU...it's all about raising awareness of what this road is all about which is not transport but houses. Even this letter suggests that.

Well Greenknight so you won't be tempted into booking a room at Holme Lacy  for a little while then.  It was actually a long time ago an Old Folks Home.  Anyway back to the topic I would direct your Countryfile email directly to Matt (he's a farmer's son) and of course to Adam.  I think they both will be more sympathatic to the cause.  The local branch of the NFU are working very closely with the tenants and the Council to get the best deal for the tenants so an email to the local Chairman probably would not go amiss if only to show somebody from town is concerned etc etc.  

Why not the One Show they seem to be showing more and more of things outside of London.  Angela Rippon did the bit on the chicken farms in Hereford last week.

I don't think Prince Charles is a goer he seems almost for roads and houses. didn't he cause uproar in Cornwall for allowing a road and many houses to be constructed on one of his many estates.  Princess Anne had a more sensible view I think when she said yes small estates in villages are a good idea as in 10 to 20 etc which is something I truly believe most people would feel comfortable with.  

Of course there is Jules Hudson as in Escape to the Country.  He now lives in Eaton Bishop couldn't be closer really.

I heard Kirstie Allsopp talking on the radio about housing she has some very good ideas and is also very experienced.  She believes that there should not be a single storey say supermarket in a town.  Flats should be constructed on top of these supermarkets and stores because this is where youngsters want to live.  In a town near to all the night life and entertainment.  I think she said Denmark had adopted this idea.  Another thing she said that villages should be told this is how many council homes you need where would you like to have them built.  Situation agreed and then they are built in a crescent shape.