Wagamama - Now Open In Hereford

Wagamama Japanese Restaurant & Noodle Bar Now Open In Hereford.

Wagamama Hereford.jpg

restaurant details

address

unit 25
the old market shopping centre
widemarsh street
hereford
HR4 9HR

phone - 01432 367808

opening times:

monday 11:30am - 10:00pm

tuesday 11:30am - 10:00pm

wednesday 11:30am - 10:00pm

thursday 11:30am - 10:00pm

friday 11:30am - 11:00pm

saturday 11:30am - 11:00pm

sunday 11:30am - 10:00pm  

capacity: 90

outdoor capacity: 20

• 3 weeks later...
Hereford Times: Tuesday 5th August 2014 in News By Adam Knight

LIKE a phoenix from the ashes, River Island is returning to Hereford as part of the Old Market after, in 2010, its High Town store closed following damage sustained during a major city centre blaze.

The new store will be located on Auctioneers Way and will “help Hereford stay on trendâ€, said a statement from the development's management company.

The Old Market’s centre manager, Scott Lahive, said: “We can’t wait to welcome River Island.

“It’s a fantastic addition to Old Market adding to our already impressive fashion line-up.â€

Fashion store Joules will also be opening its doors this Thursday at the Old Market.

The original River Island was damaged by the High Town fire that ripped through neighbouring store The Card Factory in October 2010.

Since then a long-running dispute over insurance payments had seen repair work stall.

However Herefordshire Council issued a statement last June indicating that the situation was resolved, despite little sign of improvement since on site.

The old site, still derelict in High Town, could always be used as a back drop for those World War II films reliving the Normandy landings. Must bring back a lot of old memories for those Herefordshire soldiers who fought out there.

Hmm.

Shame the previous River Island premises aren't "helping Hereford stay on trend".

Still a complete mess. I have no faith in the statement from Herefordshire Council, reassuring us that the situation is "resolved." As with many things in life, actions speak louder than words. And to date, there has been nothing.

Hmm.

Shame the previous River Island premises aren't "helping Hereford stay on trend".

Still a complete mess. I have no faith in the statement from Herefordshire Council, reassuring us that the situation is "resolved." As with many things in life, actions speak louder than words. And to date, there has been nothing.

I've said before that it is well within the Council's remit to rectify this situation - they have the legal obligation to protect listed buildings. They have the right to either implement the work and recharge it to the owners or to compulsorily purchase the site, do the work and then sell on when complete - another council has done just this and made a profit to put back into the coffers.

That our council won't do either, indeed consider the matter 'resolved' is a disgrace and merely reinforces their contempt for High Town and the people of Hereford. They dance only to the tune of the money men. They will have to account for this next May.

Oh, and that 'statement' issued last June was June 2013 by the way, 14 months ago ...

Did anybody else know that according to wiki.answers, the word Wagamama translates as "let me be selfish."

Isn't that an interesting factoid!!

So we are fortunate to have a whole Cabinet full of wagamamas here in Hereford!

How blessed are we...???

• 3 months later...

After looking at a facebook page on the Old Market I see that Wildwood are opening one of their restaurants in the large building opposite Frankie & Bennys

ragwert, please keep to the topic in hand, in this case this topic is about Wagamama. Feel free to create a new topic. 

Dippy , how do we know that you kept on topic with your apparent rusty Japanese . Bet that Colin is getting your words of wisdom translated as we type.

Still asking if anybody has tried this restaurant - that's wagamama of course .

Ubique.

I spent just over 2 years in Nagasaki working for Mitsubishi Heavy Industries at their ship yard advising on placement of hotel equipment when they were building 3 cruise liners. Wagamama's is as authentic as you can get in Britain in my opinion. In Japan, the chefs training is from 4 to 8 years, but I doubt that happens here. My wife and I had a wonderful meal, a bit pricey but you do get what you pay for. Service was excellent, with the traditional Japanese way of serving individuals and not the whole table at the same time.

Slim , thank you for taking the time to do a "Review" . If you enjoyed the meal etc. after your experiences in Japan it's a very positive sign.

Hopefully you can translate what Dippy posted a couple of posts ago ........ Do I need to take the matter further ? You will note that Dippy received a ticking off from the Adminstrater for drifting off post so he / she is a law unto themself it appears .