Lovely! Syphilis in Hereford.Just what we need!

bobby47

Yep! It's here. We've now got it in Hereford. Never a break! Never a boost and never a slither of good tidings. My God! That its come to this. Yes, we all knew that Thrush was rampant and on the march and yes, we'd held fears that Gonorrhea might come a calling, but bloody Syphilis!

That's the last thing we'd wanted and in our case it'll be the last thing we'll be getting unless God decides to smile on us and give us some other disgusting ailment to worry about.

I know God does everything for a purpose. I appreciate that he has a master plan but why, given our fiscally knackered state, does he think it necessary to give us Syphilis. Makes you think doesn't it?

Of course folk who now have Syphilis shouldn't be shunned and made to feel ostracised by society. I ain't saying that it'd be easy to stagger into the pub, join the round and casually say, 'had a bit of bad news today. Me left testical dropped off and I've subsequently learned that I've got the Syphilis'.

Difficult isnt it? A knotty issue to address.

Of course if you've got the Syphilis and tiny parts of your body are beginning to drop off then I suppose you've gotta display a certain amount of responsibility and say to your mates, 'whilst I do have the Syphilis and its been confirmed by several doctors, I intend to be a responsible lover and wear nine condoms in case eight bloody split'. Speaking for myself, if someone said that to me, I'd say, 'I've no desire to engage in acts of manly love with you but thank you for disclosing the diagnosis that you are now riddled with the Syphilis. You are a very responsible person and if I had a hat on I'd take it off and bow to you'.

Mind, I don't suppose that those who now have the Syphilis would agree to wear some sort of badge that says, 'hello I've got Syphilis' and Im pretty sure that if you said, 'I'll be damned if I engage in intercourse with you', they'd throw the Syphilis card, crying, 'bloody discrimination. You won't let me love you physically because I've got the Syphilis. Im going to sue you'.

That's the problem nowadays isn't it. Equality and all that. I suppose you'd just have to say, 'fair enough, I've no wish to be prosecuted for discrimination, I agree to have intercourse with you despite the fact that you've got the Syphilis.'

That's it isn't it. That's the answer. If someone who has the Syphilis wants you and wants you to scurry outside up some dark alley and be subjected to physical intercourse, the best bet is to simple say, 'yes, I'd love to. Thank you very bloody much'.

When I watch the Jeremy Kyle Show ( sometimes) I realise how uncaring / unloving sex becomes , hear that one person lies down. ( for lack of a more used word ) with three / four members of the opposite sex within 24 hours , sad and unbelievable .

Mrs Ubique and I were only saying this morning ( before a nice bottle of Aldi wine ) we are so glad that we are in the twilight of our life . We like Bobby and Hippy plus other Posters know very well what is wrong with Society but know that we haven't a cats chance in hell of putting it right . They will reap what they sew !!!!!!

The HT quite rightly highlighted (or re-reported) this infection story which has appeared on the Council website. 

Another section of the website suggests the people infected are all men. 

Free testing is available at the Gaol Street clinic which, I suppose, would be a good idea to do for any sexually active (especially young) people who have engaged in unprotected sex. Or I suppose sex with multiple partners.

This subject should be on the radar a bit more as there are very often no signs that you might have a sexual infection. And there are a few out there. 

I see. I get the picture. None of you are bothered about the Syphilis. Well don't come moaning to me when this dreadful organism starts crawling about up your bloody bodily orifices.

You'll get no sympathy from me. It'll be no good whatsoever if you get the Syphilis and post me a message saying, 'I've got this bloody dreadful organism eating away at me. If only I'd taken more notice of you Fortyseven'. I'll tell you straight, 'away with you. Go bother someone else and don't ever ask me to have physical relations with you'.

Oh it's high times for Dippy isnt it? Bloody four thousand reads and two hundred comments! What do I get? 'Very little by the looks of it.' Mind, I ain't bothered. Not at all. I'll comfort myself in the knowledge that I'll never get the Syphilis. Never. Not while I've the ability to lock my door and stay indoors and abstain from intercourse.

There are a lot of mucky people about - look at all the vile specimens spitting in the street. It was drummed into me at school not to spit, drop litter and all manner of simple social mores - no more it seems, we're knee deep in litter and can barely stay upright for all the phlegm lining the pavements. People don't wash their hands, cough and sneeze everywhere and are generally quite disgusting, and that's before we even get to the STD's.

There are a lot of mucky people about - look at all the vile specimens spitting in the street. It was drummed into me at school not to spit, drop litter and all manner of simple social mores - no more it seems, we're knee deep in litter and can barely stay upright for all the phlegm lining the pavements. People don't wash their hands, cough and sneeze everywhere and are generally quite disgusting, and that's before we even get to the STD's.

You can see a fine example of this in Churchill Gardens every day Monday to Friday when the colleges are open. Scruffy students dossing about, digging holes, smoking dope, ripping branches off trees and dropping litter. Daily problem. 

The NHS pay for these people who's "illness" is self inflected to receive treatment , but a child with life limiting illness is refused apparent life saving treatment . Mrs Ubique and I get very confused as to how the human race priotise NHS treatment. As I have said in previous posts we are very content that we are in the twilight of our life .

( As an aside , some 8 years ago Mrs Ubique and I travelled , over 3300 miles for her to receive treatment for breast cancer , OK it was spread over 24 days but.........)

My sincere apologies Bobby, for my tardiness in contributing to this thread!

The Clinic.

The clinics really busy now,

The staff are not surprised,

A lack of education,

Means STD's are on the rise.

The staff have seen it all before,

And they're always really nice,

Whether Gonorrhea or Syphilus,

Or a bout of pubic lice.

They do their tests and checks and things,

Then make their diagnosis,

Prescribe some pills and topical cream,

Advise on side effects and doses.

But with a little thought and planning,

You may never get infected.

Always use a condom -

And keep yourself protected!

By D.Hippy.

• Guests
Guest smartieno1

If there are no reported cases of women having the disease, some questions spring to mind..

Are all the men with the disease really homosexual 
and sleeping with other men in order to get infected?

Are we not allowed to use the word "Homosexual" anymore as the report refers only to "men who have sex with other men"

To sum up... if you keep your pecker in your pants and out of the mouth, anus or ****** of an infected man or woman you will very likely never catch the disease ...of course there is another way and that is to have a long-term mutually monogamous relationship with someone you love.....and how simple is that  :Winky: 

​

The decision to step down, said Mr Curtis, had been driven by “flourishing†business ventures beyond the NHS  that were making increasing demands on his time. Another nasty rash of departures!

Hereford Times Breaking News 3:26pm Wednesday 26th March 2014 By Bill Tanner

Chairman of Wye Valley NHS Trust to stand down

THE chairman of Wye Valley NHS Trust has confirmed this afternoon (Wed) that he is stepping down.

Mark Curtis told the Hereford Times he was leaving after 11 years with the NHS in the county to “pursue business interests.â€

Mr Curtis is the third high profile loss to the Trust over the past month, with both chief executive Derek Smith and medical director Dr Peter Wilson confirming that they were going to go in June and May respectively.

Mr Curtis has already signed off the appointment of a new chief executive to the Trust who will start in June.

Mr Curtis joined the Trust’s predecessor as a non-executive director in 2003 and also chaired its audit committee.

Deputy board chairman in 2005, he took the top job two years later as the Trust – together with Herefordshire Council and the then Primary Care Trust -  moved towards integrated care and the creation of  Wye Valley NHS Trust to which he was appointed chairman.

Mr Curtis stands down with the financially troubled Trust forecasting a breakeven position by the end of the current financial year. His successor, however, will inherit significant spending challenges and a forecast deficit of £9m for the 2014-15 financial year.

Mr Curtis said that – for all its well publicised issues – evidence showed the Trust was “heading in the right direction†on a number of key performance indicators.

In stepping down, Mr Curtis cited his appreciation of the support he says he has received has received from staff and “many others†in his time with the Trust.

“It’s been a privilege to work with such a dedicated group of people, without whom none of our achievements would have been possible. I also thank the Board, and especially the Executive Team, for their efforts to transform the organisation over the past two years or so, and their staunch loyalty and support to me,†he said.

The decision to step down, said Mr Curtis, had been driven by “flourishing†business ventures beyond the NHS  that were making increasing demands on his time.

Current Trust chief executive, Derek Smith, said Mr Curtis has “worked tirelessly†to sustain and improve the provision of health services in the county.

His commitment to enabling high quality patient care and keeping essential services here is widely understood and appreciated within the county, while his knowledge and experience will very much be missed,†he said.

The NHS Trust Development Authority appoints Chairs and Non-executive Directors under delegated authority from the Secretary of State for Health and will lead the process to recruit and appoint the next Chairman of the Trust.

In the meantime, Mark Waller, Deputy Chairman, will be the Acting Trust Chairman.

Richard Beeken - currently director of operations and transformation at Dudley Group NHS Foundation Trust – will take over as the Trust’s chief executive  in June when Mr Smith steps down.

A new medical director has yet to be appointed.

It makes you want to spit doesn't it. Bloody gravey train! They're all cut from the same cloth. They board this vessel of public service, climb the greasy pole to riches and wealth, and then, Just when its all going belly bloody up, they jump bloody ship, saying, 'it's been an honour to serve.' Then, what do they do? Off they bloody go, create themselves a business that just bloody happens to involve the field of public service work they were once involved in, they exploit their expansive list of contacts they gathered whilst bloody aboard the gravey train and then they get wealthier and wealthier at our expense.

Bloody hell! And they all speak the strange language and they all desperately try to outdo oneanother in explaining just how bloody passionate they are about delivering an outcome for us, the rotten service users.

T'other day, I was reading one slice of dross churned out by one of Herefordshire's public servants who, when describing how bloody passionate they'd become about this, that and the bloody other, he said,'I've an unquenchable passion to deliver'..blah, blah!

What a load of rubbish. Un bloody quenchable desire! Good grief. The thoughts that roll around within these people's minds. Unquenchable! I'd like to drop a three bedroom semi detached house on their bloody heads and then, after we've dug them out of the rubble and the fallen masonry, then lets see if they've still got an unquenchable desire to serve the public.

I'd say, 'how do you like that. Having a three bedroom semi detached house dropped on your head?' That'd stop them! You wouldn't want that. That'd be the last thing they'd want.

If ever we managed to dig them out from beneath the bloody rubble the only unquenchable desire they'd have would be to get into their Hospital bloody bed.

Public Service! The Gravey Train! A quick route to fabulous wealth and opportunity. It's no bloody wonder they are so passionate about service delivery.

And also at Herefordshire Housing: Following their new corporate image change more expenditure at HQ.

Richard Woolley is Director of Resources at Herefordshire Housing. ‘We saw the refurbishment of our main office as an essential part of the change management process,’ he says. ‘So whatever we did not only had to offer exceptional value for money, it also had to help us deliver more and better services to all of our residents and other stakeholders as well as offering us the chance to improve the way we perform as an organisation and as individuals. For those reasons we had to work with a company that ’got’ us as an organisation so that they could take part in the process of change, help us work better as an organisation and a business and deliver outstanding results. We’re delighted not only that Fresh Workspace were more than able to deliver but also challenge us with new ideas.’ 

The first step was to make a bold but welcoming statement to people from the moment they walk in the door. Behind the revamped reception is the new beating heart of the building, a hub space with eye-catching floor to ceiling graphics, soft seating, flat screen televisions, benches, tables, kitchen and breakfast bar, which not only functions as a breakout space for colleagues but also as a welcome space for residents and other visitors. The space is fully equipped with WiFi so is usable by anybody. 

‘It was essential that the design should break down silos,’ explains Richard Woolley. ‘Not just those that may exist between members of the internal team but with tenants and everybody with whom we work. It’s a space for everybody. We wanted the lack of hierarchy and vibrancy we had introduced as an organisation to be evident in the design of the refurbishment. We needed the culture we had to be reflected in the places we work and meet.’

And also at Herefordshire Housing: Following their new corporate image change more expenditure at HQ.

Compare and contrast with the 'Housing the Homeless' thread - these people, like most senior public sector employees are so far removed from reality that they can no longer see how ridiculous their jargon is or how obscene their profligate spending.

And to anyone out there unconvinced that this Council ain't as mad as me, then simple sit back, gather around you a butter knife and a sharp soft leaded pencil, read this insight into how they think and how Dick Wooley sees the world through the eyes of the Council and then, once its done, sit back, scream, 'Barstard Council' and then stab yourself in the eyes and shout, 'take me Jesus. Im ready'.

What a pile of human excrement.

I mean, it was bad enough to read Dick wittering on about the eye catching wall to ceiling graphics. That was enough! But then to explain that the firm who were lucky enough to get this job, 'had to get us' is a step to far toward stupidity and idiotic thinking.

It's madness! To think that we've allowed 'them' a safe haven in our County.

Hereford Times Breaking News 3:26pm Wednesday 26th March 2014 By Bill Tanner

Chairman of Wye Valley NHS Trust to stand down

THE chairman of Wye Valley NHS Trust has confirmed this afternoon (Wed) that he is stepping down.
Mark Curtis told the Hereford Times he was leaving after 11 years with the NHS in the county to “pursue business interests.â€

Mr Curtis is the third high profile loss to the Trust over the past month, with both chief executive Derek Smith and medical director Dr Peter Wilson confirming that they were going to go in June and May respectively.

More complications in the operating room.

BREAKING NEWS Hereford Times

4:45pm Thursday 27th March 2014 By Bill Tanner

Final talks over £6.4m Herefordshire health service contract dispute

TALKS to secure cash for community health services in the county over the coming year will go to the wire.

Some £6.4m is at stake with Wye Valley NHS Trust  (WVT) and Herefordshire Clinical  Commissioning Group (HCCG)  at odds.

HCCG buys and shapes health and care services for the county, WVT provides acute, community and social care

If both bodies can’t agree the correct funding of the community health services contract, valued at £4.3m, and four disputes worth £2.1m relating to the application of the national tariff -  a set of prices and rules to help HCCG work with WVT on service provision – then the dispute will go to arbitration.

This afternoon (Thurs), the WVT board heard that the outcome of arbitration was crucial to the Trust’s 2015-15 budget that already projects a deficit of £9m.

WVT, HCCG, NHS England (NHSE) and the Trust Development Authority (TDA) have been locked into talks over recent months without reaching agreement.

NHSE and the TDA expected  that all contracts would be signed by February 28 and that a failure to achieve this would see WVT and HCCG  subject to a disputes process.

Howard Oddy, WVT director of finance, told the board a final round of talks was scheduled for Monday.

If agreement could not be reached arbitration was scheduled to start on Tuesday afternoon and a decision expected with 24 hours, he said.

With no appeal, both WVT and HCCG would then have until next Friday (April 4) to present final submissions.

HCCG wants to reduce its contract with the Trust by £3.2m.

The board was told that the Trust was “not confident†that HCCG’s QIPP (Quality, Innovation, Productivity and Prevention) programme would deliver the reduction in activity it intends, so the Trust had to assume it can recover this “lost†income through contract over-performance - a risk to the Trust of £3.2m.

At the same time the Trust is trying to secure agreement from HCCG over funding for improved stroke services.

WVT has asked for an extra £600k it thinks is needed to deliver a specified level of service and the board was told that while this sum is yet to be fully agreed, HCCG has indicated its broad support.

Other key contractual issues that need to be taken into account as posing a potential risk to the Trust are CQUINS ( payments relating to quality improvements which are worth £2.5m to WVT) and an extension to fines HCCG can impose over contractual performance.

Previously, HCCG has re-invested fines in WVT, but this position could change over 2014/15 as the process moves to a rules-based system, leaving the Trust with a risk of over £550k  based on performance breaches this financial year.

Hope this isn't going to be terminal.

• 11 months later...

One of Todays headline stories over at HT.....

"Herefordshire Sitting On Syphilis Time Bomb."

My, that sounds painful......

Also interesting to note, that within the same report, is an admission that actually, no one knew who was in charge, during the recent Ebola scare.

Let's hope a better plan is in place now.

Serious stuff, Green Knight.

I think perhaps some sort of campaign needs to be mounted by the NHS to highlight the severity of this condition. Whether that be locally, or possibly nationally.

In the eighties, the AIDS / HIV  television adverts proved a successful tool in educating folks. Maybe a concerted effort needs to be made to bring syphilis to peoples attention?

Many , many years ago as a young soldier in a hot sweaty country I can recall being summoned with the rest of my mob to AKC Cinema to watch a "film" relating to VD . It showed , in a very graphic way the "end" result of catching these infections . It certainly brought it home to one and all .

As an aside , re. the Ebola scare , I read in the HT that the Consulant now admits that nobody knew who was in Charge

( if anybody ! ) however I can recall that a Tracey Hill of Wye Valley Trust stating that the plans relating to Ebola "Stood up to scrutiny "

Eh ? When nobody knew who was in charge -