Lovely! Syphilis in Hereford.Just what we need!

bobby47

It's makes a lot of noise at the beginning and then carries on its business in a stealth like fashion until one day it re-emerges.One saving grace is that after a period of time you can no-longer pass it on. Mind you it may have messed with your brain so much by then there is not much chance of that happening.

I know in the past that this condition has got confused in the later stages with dementia though to be honest this is a kinder way of explaining the symptoms to those who have to observe.

Bobby posted this Topic in March 2014 , it then took the local NHS a further 12 months to accept the situation .

How widespread is this condition ? Locally ? The news article in the HT seemed to extrapolate small numbers into a 'timebomb' .... 

“The numbers are very small telling the committee we are “sitting on a time bomb with itâ€.

That's the quote .... All very vague and just picking quotes to suit the story I think ... 

There may be sexual ailments in Hereford but the figure I would want to see is a comparison with other areas. Is it worse here than anywhere else? 'Timebomb' seems a strong phrase to highlight.