Voting Up/Down Feature

paulinehodges

Oh!

Forgot what I was originally going to say! Blimey, must be having a senior moment!

Roger, what figures are these out of interest?

The HT publish weekly figures in the printed copy.....are the ones you speak of different?

This weeks figures -

1.Weekly circulation - 30,612.

2.Readers every week - 83,453.

3.Unique users at herefordtimes.com - 110,280.

They are usually to be found underneath the Opinion piece in the Letters section....page 31 this week!!!

The Regional Newspaper ABC's (Audit Bureau of Circulation). They are out at the end of February and show the circulation of all regional newspapers. They will be in the Press Gazette. Some titles release figures half yearly as well (end of August). The last ones are on this link: http://www.pressgazette.co.uk/abc-figures-show-only-one-local-weekly-growing-print-sales-first-half-2013 but I don't think the HT released figures last August as they are not on the list. 

I've just read the post from my dear friend magicroundabout. Bloody hell! It could have been Minus 50! I hadn't realised that. I was oblivious to that slice of good news. Im drowning and magicroundabout is painting the water.

Who are these fifty? Right, I've never pressed the button once in all the years I've been tapping and anyone who says I have has been hiding in my house watching me at my keyboard.

From hereon, Im fighting back. I ain't taking this any longer. Im going to be pressing that button whenever I choose to press it and I've no concerns that my future actions may depress another. That its come to this!

Minus fifty! It's wholly unfair, it ain't right and Im going on the offensive. If anyone on here gives me a 'minus' then they are getting three minus votes back.

That put a cat amongst the pigeons!!!!

I thought you all knew that the voting could be rigged online Hereford Times.

I have a suspicion the moderator plays a part sometimes as Bobby47's minus count went up very quickly, following his challenge to the masses! (Keep up).  I suspect 50 minus votes came from a much smaller number of people!

I have only voted when "impassioned"  - when brilliant rhetoric makes me roll off my settee with laughter, or when someone spews out bitter undeserved words at an individual.  I would never give King Bobby47 a minus, not even when he asked and dared us to.

Colin is fastidious supplying such a top notch forum for us Herefordians, with all the buttons and bells we could ever want on here.

Press the buttons as many times as you like for me - I have no worries either way.

*mag*  

Chortle chortle Magicroundabout!

I had heard previously about vote rigging with regard to the thumb vote on HT, but had never thought about how it was done, or could be done!

I am a simple soul - and technically speaking, completely incompetent, so when I asked Roger the question, and the words mobile phone and i-pad, where contained in his reply, I now understand!

I own neither!!

When I first started posting on here, Colin even had to edit my posts for me on a few occasions!

Things have improved slightly since then!!

I am highly suspicious of the HT moderator.....rumour has it, he contributes to the Letters page on a fairly regular basis....I shall say no more, or I will join the list of The Banned!!

Ah! I see, thanks for that Roger!

The figures were released yesterday afternoon ... http://www.pressgazette.co.uk/only-handful-regional-newspaper-weekly-titles-increase-sales-nearly-100-leave-abc-altogether Hereford Times now has an average weekly circulation of 25.502 copies which is -16.7% down on last February's figures ... Hardly surprising as the cover price jumped 50% from 80p to £1.20 ...

Have to say though, when you look at a thread of comments, the positive votes seem to far outweigh the negative ones, so that's a pretty good indication that folk don't just down vote willy nilly as a rule!

As Colin has said, if he saw a pattern of mis-use he would put a stop to it!

(Unlike the HT moderator....who many of us suspect has his own agenda!!)

Yes if I saw obvious abuse I would put an end to it.

• 1 year later...