Belmont Roundabout Keep Clear Signs

• Guests
Guest smartieno1

I agree with Bill Thomas, again the people in Belmont suffer trying to get out of roads because of the lack of support from our Councillors in trying to keep this road traffic island clear for them to get out on to the A465 headng in either direction.

I tried today and the keep clear signs were not working it took me over 5 minuntes form Northolme Road to turn right towards Abergavenny because the exit was blocked (KEEP CLEAR SIGNS)

Waist of tax payers money

• Guests
Guest smartieno1

So if I have got this right.....AMEY have re-painted a yellow box that they should know does not belong where it is and is illegal....that is incompetent and very very stupid...therefore the original coments about AMEY were not disparaging and you Councillor owe me an apology....

Can anyone tell me the reason WHY? we cannot have part-time traffic lights with accompanying yellow boxes and police to book people entering them as these are the only solutions that will work to resolve the issue of traffic on the roundabout..

Oh. and if you want to be hailed as a "HERO" for solving the roundabout problem..you actually need to solve the problem first Councillor Powell....so please do not take unescessary umbridge when people make legitimate points about the failings of you and AMEY....it does not serve you well and may indeed be a breach of your "Code of conduct" you spoke about in your original reply to me...

In short the phrase "MUST TRY HARDER," springs to mind.....have a nice day

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Well I have not heard a thing more about this from anyone. Justine said that she had emailed the DOT but they can take up to 2 months to reply, that was back in March, we are now in September, so 6 months have passed, I will give her a call now and try and find out what's happening.

Good idea Councillor James, please let us know what is said  :Happy_32:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

Time to remind Amey and our Councillors about this daily problem! I last spoke with Justine Heath from Amey on Friday 9th of September 2011 with regard to her supposed letter/email she send to the DOT, she told me that she would come back to me and never has!! (There's a suprise) well I don't go away easily, I can be like a dog with a bone! So I will give her another call on Monday for an update.

Some lane guidance or bigger KEEP CLEAR signs is clearly needed as I get stuck on this roundabout EVERY MORNING! the traffic along the Belmont Road is getting worse and worse and I have also noticed it is not just a peak times either now....I will be starting an additional topic with regard to the Asda roundabout and the stupid waste of money traffic lights that need to be turned off, but lets see if we can get some sort of a resolve on this problem first.

Depending upon reples or in Ameys case often NO REPLIES I may even write to the Hereford Times as clearly very little is being done in my opinion and I will be naming all parties concerned.

To be fair to Cllr Powell she has been very helpful so far with this issue.

Time to remind Amey and our Councillors about this daily problem! I last spoke with Justine Heath from Ameyon Friday 9th of September 2011 with regard to her supposed letter/email she send to the DOT, she told me that she would come back to me and never has!! (There's a suprise) well I don't go away easily, I can be like a dog with a bone! So I will give her another call on Monday for an update.

Some lane guidance or bigger KEEP CLEAR signs is clearly needed as I get stuck on this roundabout EVERY MORNING! the traffic along the Belmont Road is getting worse and worse and I have also noticed it is not just a peak times either now....I will be starting an additional topic with regard to the Asda roundabout and the stupid waste of money traffic lights that need to be turned off, but lets see if we can get some sort of a resolve on this problem first.

Depending upon reples or in Ameys case often NO REPLIES I may even write to the Hereford Times as clearly very little is being done in my opinion and I will be naming all parties concerned.

To be fair to Cllr Powell she has been very helpful so far with this issue.

Good for you Colin and as you predicted these TINY signs have NEVER worked, they should of got it right first time! So now you have to try and push for your idea on lane guidance because as you picture shows currently when traffic approaches from Abergavenny side they are already in the middle of the road, completely missing the TINY signs, so maybe lane guidance will force them onto the signs.

• 2 weeks later...

Well it is now Wednesday, I rang and left Justine Heath a voicemail on Monday as she is unavailable according to her phone and I had the same yesterday and I have the same today, I will keep trying her but to be fair she could be on holiday I guess.

Did you get an answer on this in the end Colin?

• 4 weeks later...

Did you get an answer on this in the end Colin?

No I feel like they are giving me the run around! she has not been available for weeks, apparently she was on holiday but all I ever get is her voicemail, she has not returned my call from last year or last month yet. I will try again this week.

• 2 weeks later...

No I feel like they are giving me the run around! she has not been available for weeks, apparently she was on holiday but all I ever get is her voicemail, she has not returned my call from last year or last month yet. I will try again this week.

Colin, whilst I was at Amey offices today I spoke to Ruth Kinsella and Andrew Lee Jones advising them that the 'keep clear signs' around the Tesco roundabout are to small, and that I wanted them scrubbed out and re done to cover right across the road. They said the work will be done, I have given them a timescale in which to do the work. I left them in no doubt that I was not happy!

• 1 month later...

Colin, whilst I was at Amey offices today I spoke to Ruth Kinsella and Andrew Lee Jones advising them that the 'keep clear signs' around the Tesco roundabout are to small, and that I wanted them scrubbed out and re done to cover right across the road. They said the work will be done, I have given them a timescale in which to do the work. I left them in no doubt that I was not happy!

What timescale did you give them to complete this work Councillor?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I am now informed by Couuncillor Powell that Amey will now NOT be completing this work due to lack of funds...

• 4 months later...

Glenda, when we last spoke on this subject you told me what you had agreed with Ruth kinsella above, but you told me that they would not be doing it this side of April as there was no money in the budget..guess what? It has been done but all they have done is gone over the SMALL signs that are are already there, which are of no use to anyone as we have proved. (so they did have the money after all then?)

Glenda, when we last spoke on this subject you told me what you had agreed with Ruth kinsella above, but you told me that they would not be doing it this side of April as there was no money in the budget..guess what? It has been done but all they have done is gone over the SMALL signs that are are already there, which are of no use to anyone as we have proved. (so they did have the money after all then?)

Strange that..

• 4 weeks later...

Colin, thank you for your message about the signs. I raised the concerns again with Amey this morning this was their reply:

The advice from the professional and technical consulting team, wish to make it clear the keep clear signs cannot be made larger.

So everything that Ruth kinsella agreed with you is not happening now then?

Complete joke and another waste of money, simply because they never listen to the local people. I cannot understand how they can agree something with a Councillor and then go back on their word? you even have her name I am surprised you never had something to say about that Cllr Powell to be honest and if you did say something why are they going back on their word? Have you actually spoken to Ruth Kinsella?

I dont rate Amey in fairness anyway, I think they skimp over lots of things and I really hope that some other company win the next contract