Go Careful, Pot Holes

ragwert

100 th Post .... With all theses potholes around the County , some of them really dangerous both for cyclists and cars why , Oh why did the Council contractors and BB spend all week preparing and tarmacking the whole length of the single lane road running between the entrance to Stretton Nursing Home and the road which runs between the Bell PH at Tillington and Credenhill , a distance of over 500m . No more than 20 vehicles a day use this road. Unbelievable waste of time and money. - our money .

I see that they have repaired the road just past St Nicholas church on Victoria St but I did notice a huge pothole along the slip road leading towards B & Q and I mean huge! 

The Greyfriars Bridge has also got potholes on the footpath. The whole bridge is due to be re-painted and railings repaired but this is not planned until at least the 2018/19. 

The health and Safety brigade also want to close in the railings to stop motorists looking through as they drive across, we will have to put up a fight if that happens.

Hello Colin. Travelling around the county delivering the post the roads are in a terrible state. Last week week around Bromyard noticed the council (Balfour Beatty?) have filled a lot of holes with tar and chippings. The chippings have been scattered by passing traffic and lying loose on the road.  With all this rain expected more road surfaces will be lifted when it freezes.

All of this routine maintenance should have been done PROPERLY through the summer - but of course it wasn't. In fact Amey had already stopped doing pretty much anything by then and what they did was shoddy beyond belief. So, once again we're subjected to floods because of blocked gullies, potholes hidden by floods, potholes made worse by floods and, as megilleland says, further damage when it all freezes. I've submitted a load of reports this weekend via FixMyStreet of items I reported 12 months or more ago that were never dealt with then and as a result are even worse now. As a cyclist, standing water on the roads conceals goodness know what - its genuinely frightening trying to move around the county at the moment.

I see that they have repaired the road just past St Nicholas church on Victoria St but I did notice a huge pothole along the slip road leading towards B & Q and I mean huge!

The Greyfriars Bridge has also got potholes on the footpath. The whole bridge is due to be re-painted and railings repaired but this is not planned until at least the 2018/19. 

The health and Safety brigade also want to close in the railings to stop motorists looking through as they drive across, we will have to put up a fight if that happens.

That crater was filled in April this year.It just goes to show how much money is wasted on temp 2 min jobs

Do you know which lane it is in? Perhaps that's one hidden under the flood water.

I say a truck hit the one on the other side of Greyfriars bridge (coming south) earlier, the load nearly jumped off the back, I think the driver probably slipped into Asda after for some clean underwear

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Looking at that ^^ perhaps the tarmac isn't thick enough? I don't know what the guidelines or recommendations are but that appears to be a thin layer of tarmac over gravel - like skin on custard - which would go some way to explaining why it fails so frequently. 

Looking at that ^^ perhaps the tarmac isn't thick enough? I don't know what the guidelines or recommendations are but that appears to be a thin layer of tarmac over gravel - like skin on custard - which would go some way to explaining why it fails so frequently. 

I think just a botched previous repair ... The new fault crept from the old repair! Just inept work!