TRAFFIC lights on one of the busiest roundabouts in Worcester could be turned off in a bid to make traffic flow better.

See this article:
BALLOT: Calls to turn off lights to help traffic gives interesting results.

The cabinet member Cllr Graham Powell (no relation) has said that in answer to my question at Council on 28th Sept ' he has contacted the highways agency to turn off the lights as I ask, but todate has had no reply. Also Colin he is going to write to you direct in answer to your piece in this weeks HT.

The cabinet member Cllr Graham Powell (no relation) has said that in answer to my question at Council on 28th Sept ' he has contacted the highways agency to turn off the lights as I ask, but todate has had no reply. Also Colin he is going to write to you direct in answer to your piece in this weeks HT.

Thank you Glenda. The Hereford Times article misquoted me as I never mentioned leaving the lights on at night, they also mentioned the wrong traffic lights although the picture taken makes it obvious, IT IS NOT THE LIGHTS COMING OUT OF ASDA! It is the main traffic lights, infact I think this whole junction should be turned back into a proper roundabout. The also forgot the most important thing and that was they forgot to post the link to this webste so that people could sign the petition! So I was very frustrated, I have asked them to put an extra article in next weeks paper making the changes and adding a link.

• 1 month later...

The traffic lights were out of order again all morning yesterday and again no traffic issues, I wonder when they will get the message...

Great Quote:

"There’s a misconception that if you take away the lights people will drive fast. Actually the opposite is true. It’s the green light that encourages the speed that licenses the aggression. If you take away the light and there’s uncertainty at the junction then people naturally approach slowly and filter."

• 3 months later...

Just noticed this on the H&W website traffic report:

A49 Herefordshire - Traffic light failure on A49 Cross Street in Hereford at Belmont Roundabout. Expect delays. On the roundabout.

Surely they mean traffic flowing freely not expect delays! I am just going to catch a bus into town so will find out what its like.

• 4 months later...

He never wrote to me Glenda...