Offending statues covered up!

Paul Jones

During the president of Iran state visit to Italy recently famous nude statues were covered up! What gives? He is visiting Italy, well I am sorry Mr Rouhani, covering women in black head to toe, public executions and stoning I find offensive! 

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/jan/28/no-nudes-is-bad-news-for-italian-official-ridiculed-in-rouhani-statue-row

post-1038-0-63714500-1454142534_thumb.jpg

EU has gone PC mad!

WHY would Italy want to even consider hiding her heritage? 

No wine? No lunch for Iran's president in France

635895800290125364-AP-France-Iran.jpg

French President François Hollande decided having wine with lunch is more important than breaking bread with Iranian President Hassan Rouhaniduring an official visit to Paris.

Hollande scrapped Thursday's lunch at the Élysée Palace after Rouhani had asked for a halal menu in keeping with his Muslim faith, and that also meant no wine at the table during his first visit as president to the City of Light.

USA Today

:Thumbs-Up: 

No wine? No lunch for Iran's president in France

635895800290125364-AP-France-Iran.jpg

French President François Hollande decided having wine with lunch is more important than breaking bread with Iranian President Hassan Rouhaniduring an official visit to Paris.

Hollande scrapped Thursday's lunch at the Élysée Palace after Rouhani had asked for a halal menu in keeping with his Muslim faith, and that also meant no wine at the table during his first visit as president to the City of Light.

USA Today

:Thumbs-Up: 

Good for President Hollande.  :Thumbs-Up:

During the president of Iran state visit to Italy recently famous nude statues were covered up! What gives? He is visiting Italy, well I am sorry Mr Rouhani, covering women in black head to toe, public executions and stoning I find offensive! 

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/jan/28/no-nudes-is-bad-news-for-italian-official-ridiculed-in-rouhani-statue-row

attachicon.gifiranphotos.jpg

EU has gone PC mad!

What a disgrace! Have they got no national pride then? Offended? Thats rich coming from a country with an appalling human rights record amoung many other atrocities. 

When in Iran, abide by their laws. When in France, abide by theirs. Simples.  Well done Hollande!!. I suppose if he came here we could entertain him in the Houses of Parliament. Many pigs there with their noses in the trough.

Well if he come here and the repairs to the House of Commons & Lords are taking place then he will be at home in the Govt temp offices as they will

be in Richmond house which are owned and ruled by Shria Law...I kid you not

attachicon.gifiranphotos.jpg

EU has gone PC mad!

I agree with you Paul about Italy's ridiculous statue-covering; nothing whatever to do with 20 billion euros of business deals that Iran has signed with Italy I'm sure. Your views about Iran's human rights accord with my own - perhaps you and anyone else on here who finds human rights abuses in Iran to be unacceptable will consider contacting: 

Leader of the Islamic Republic of Iran Ayatollah Sayed ‘Ali Khamenei The Office of the Supreme Leader Islamic Republic Street - End of Shahid Keshvar Doust Street Tehran, Islamic Republic of Iran

Email: (via website) http://www.leader.ir/langs/en/index.p hp?p=letter

Twitter: @khamenei_ir (English), @Khamenei_ar (Arabic), @Khamenei_es (Spanish). Salutation: Your Excellency
about painter Atena Farghadani, imprisoned for drawing a cartoon in Iran. You can find out more about her case here: https://www.amnesty.org.uk/iran-atena-farghadani-prison-cartoon-womens-rights-activist

Gotta admit this was crazy because it would not be done if you visited Tehran. That said I loved Iran, I made two trips back in the late 1990,s a beautiful diverse country where at the time everyone drove Hillmans. My Samavar sits proudly in the kitchen but I will admit arriving solo at the dead of night and taken off the plane separately to everyone else, directed to the CIP lounge was a little nervy!