Traffic cone family,Perceverance Road

ragwert

Anyone who travels up & down Perseverance Road in the last four years will have seen these cones that have made a home next to the 2nd hand car dealers.
Why they are there and who puts new ones back in the same place when they get mown down is a complete mystery to me.
There are slight depressions around the drains but nothing that warrants traffic cones.
Also they have been there for more than four years so if there was a problem around these drains surly it should of been fixed by now.

post-918-0-87711900-1433668069_thumb.jpg

post-918-0-55640500-1433668082_thumb.jpg

They have been there for more than 4 years! This has nothing to do with the drains this is the car dealer keeping his store window clear. Who is the local councillor?

The cones will assist in dissuading Leisure Centre parkers' who are dodging the newish fees in their car park .... but i think the forum has rapidly worked out why the cones are there .... How do you deal with that? If anything was going to fall in between a crack in the system then it's a privately placed orange cone! 

The cones will assist in dissuading Leisure Centre parkers' who are dodging the newish fees in their car park .... but i think the forum has rapidly worked out why the cones are there .... How do you deal with that? If anything was going to fall in between a crack in the system then it's a privately placed orange cone! 

Who is the local Councillor? Cough cough, maybe they could deal with it?

• 1 month later...

I just came past and these cones are still there and there is no roadworks, obviously the car lot have put them there, thats not right.

Subliminal Parking Control. On a serious note a fair few Council staff will be reading this and someone who could sort this out quite clearly can't be arsed! We would all agree it's not top of the pile for problems but if something has been lingering for months on a Public forum, when it's quite clearly taking the ****, then I would expect a quiet word to have been said. Especially as it's on a Public road ..... 

Subliminal Parking Control. On a serious note a fair few Council staff will be reading this and someone who could sort this out quite clearly can't be arsed! We would all agree it's not top of the pile for problems but if something has been lingering for months on a Public forum, when it's quite clearly taking the ****, then I would expect a quiet word to have been said. Especially as it's on a Public road ..... 

Yes Roger of course someone will have read this and your suggestion that they can't be arsed is correct my friend. Maybe a letter to could to the HT perhaps may just jolt some action?  :Winky: but as per your quote they are clearly taking the pi*%.