"Nothing to hide, nothing to fear?" This could happen to you.

Amanda Martin

Well done Amanda and well done to your fella. I'm so pleased for you both and everyone else that's followed this tale of woe. Now the matter will be investigated, but before they really do get stuck in, you'll be visited by an open mannered smiling ranked Officer who'll embrace you, tell you all is well and invite you to shake hands with those that did this to you, receive an apology and tell you why 'open resolutions' are the best way forward and you'd be an odd sort if you didn't take this golden opportunity to see at first hand how extraordinarily difficult it can be to Police sensibly and not get tempted at times to cuff you, strip you and generally bugger up an entire lunar month of your lives.

Me? I'd tell them to be gone. It's of course now your choice and a matter for you and Julian to decide upon.

To qualify that:  it's not really about heaving a sigh of relief and going off to enjoy our little victory over a large cappuccino and a goat's cheese and olive wrap.   I've realised that through my own smug complacence, I have been complicit in the harassment and abuse of others:   "all that is needed for evil to triumph "etc.  

We did actually head for the large cappuccino and, as we sat outside the Rocket Cafe enjoying our middle class sunshine  with frothy moustaches (definitely no sprinkles)  I felt a vague sense of guilt and unease at the thought of all those people who have been caught in possession of a brown face or an unlucky absence of friends or an inability to write their own statements of complaint.  I'm still hoping that, in Hereford at least, Julian's experience was an aberration and that most of our officers are decent and fair: they certainly have a hard, stressful and dangerous job and I'm the first to admit that I couldn't do it.   It's important, for the sake of those officers, that the bad apples are identified and removed and that's really the result that we're looking for: it's not about revenge or compensation or even particularly about us any more. Bobby47, your post made me smile as usual but, if someone comes calling, that's the response they will get. 

By the way, jeanharris, slightly off topic,  I watched John Perkins' video about the Southern Link Road.   This is an appalling road scheme and I will do everything in my power to stop it whether or not I'm elected.   I can't speak for all of my It's Our County colleagues but I know many of us are opposed to this road.  I can imagine how this is blighting your life at the moment.   There may be another thread  - I'll look for it and post separately. 

Super news , it's what we expected - common sense prevailed .

Now please continue with the Complaint against Officers of the West Mercia Constabulary

Bobby 47 's last Sentance is , to my opinion the way ahead - as you say , the majority of the Officers are hard working , courageous Officers but let's bring the others to task .......

Great News! I'd echo bobby47 's advice ... Don't take a soft option of getting a cosy resolution with handshakes and apologies if, indeed, that was offered up ... Persevere with getting a proper look into this by the dept. that deals with this all the time. Don't let it get filed away with any shortcut option.

Well done Amanda glad to hear some common sense has prevailed. Must be such a relief for you & Julian…nows the time for some answers so good luck & stay strong!

Shame they could not have made this decision sooner, so as you did not have to take time out to go to court today?!

This is really great news and relief for Julian and you. I would definitely follow this up and this was totally out of order, also ask to have the recording of the desk sergeant looked at, all this was bully boy tactics and these officers should be brought to account and explain their actions.

I think Hereford (Shire) Police and their reputation is in tatters at the moment .... The spate of sackings and jailing's is on the record. I feel sorry for the people there who aren't involved in controversy and who work hard ....

Agreed Roger and its a shame because we are not a big County you can't lose wrong doings within a mass population like our big city neighbours. Everyone knows everyone else but just a few bad apples have had a huge impact which is why I simply can't understand how this whole sorry episode unravelled. Experienced officers should be mindful of their actions or perhaps reactions to responses and attitudes to the uniform. There perhaps lies the problem after all the boys in blue are now the men in black which stimulates a different reaction from certain members of society.

I'm not surprised at all about the outcome and those who offended should be brought to book however recently a surgeon in Coventry recently won a case of unfair dismissal for whistleblowing ...brilliant news, he stuck with his cause and I admired him immensely. He now submits a claim for millions...Well if he cared for the NHS he would merely claim for loss of earnings and be gone. He stood up, made a stand, won his case and walked away with his credibility intact but in an instant blows my respect.

I don,t know Julian but I hope he might choose a similar path to me where to make a stand, see justice served on those who have abused their position of trust and then quietly walk away comfortable in mind,body and spirit. ..

Greenknight said ......I don,t know Julian but I hope he might choose a similar path to me where to make a stand, see justice served on those who have abused their position of trust and then quietly walk away comfortable in mind,body and spirit. ..

I agree fully with Greenknights post including his last paragraph above . I am very sure that the Officer dealing with the Complaint against the Police is an experienced honest Officer who will seek out any wrongdoing by Officers he is tasked to investigate.

I am sure that the Investigating Officer will ask Julian / Amanda to keep their own Council whilst the investigation is proceeding , it will not help the Enquiry by drip feeding progress to us on the HV.