Is it possible to post too much???

dippyhippy

"'Life is a paradox....it's a mirror of confusion."

Well......I'm on board with that message!

But it ain't Our Bobby......not quite wild eyed enough, and not a roll up in sight!!

Nice try though Ragwert!

"'Life is a paradox....it's a mirror of confusion."

Well......I'm on board with that message!

But it ain't Our Bobby......not quite wild eyed enough, and not a roll up in sight!!

Nice try though Ragwert!

That guy is actually a street performer.His name is Matthew Silver.

I think he's fab!

I'd put him on my Christmas Card list!

A quick squid at the list of members who have viewed this page, tells me that jbfc and drawlings have visited......you are my target audience!

C'mon.....post a quick "Hello Dippy!" Or even "Get stuffed Dippy.....we have no intention of joining in!"

Honestly, either will do, I'm not picky!!

In answer to Dippy's post 'is it possible to post to much?'

I don't know what motivates my fellow posters to post or why some posters suffer a burn out and go off the radar to re-charge. I can only speak for myself.

I've been asking myself why I post and I've come to the realisation that I post to vent my anger and my frustration! Yes I'm mad and I want everyone else to be mad too and for that I apologise.

I wasn't born in Hereford but I love this city and I love the people I've met and the friends I've made and I can't control my anger when I see the destruction of our beautiful city.

No I don't think anyone on these pages posts to much if they post with the intention of bringing the Council account for every mistake that saw someone lose their livelihood so some self serving imbecile could climb the ladder and shout from the top it's for your own good we are doing this for you!

Well said Flam!

And never apologise for saying how you feel.

There are many issues that we ALL should be jumping up and down about........and we do on here, but it does get exhausting!!

I would say that the "common denominator" that those who post upon these pages have, is a real love of this city, and I do believe there are many many more........I just need to tease them out!

Maybe the offer of a cheese and pickle roll will help??

It might be worth a try.......???

• 2 weeks later...

Another raft of new members have signed up.....great news!

However, unless new posters start adding to this site, it is in danger of becoming rather stale....we need your thoughts guys!!

Add to the mix, get involved.....I may increase my offer from a cheese and onion roll, to include crisps and a mars bar as well, to those who start to contribute!

Dippy is right, we need some new blood here. With the exception of George, who happens to be wrong because he takes a different view to mine, nobody is pressing their shoulder to the wheel. Throw me a bone and call me a stinker! Anything. Tell me things! Things that I don't know and i've no business ever knowing. If you've got The Syphillis, tell us and we can avoid you when we next meet up at The Commercial. Tell me that you love the Council Cabinet and we can become bitter enemies. Whatever it is, unless your'e being intimate with my wife whilst Im fishing for barbel using sweet corn as bait, then tell me. Tell us and lets fall out about it.

Just say something!

And another thing!

Megilleland, Two Wheels and Biomech have all been rather quiet of late - don't think I haven't noticed!

Now, unless you can produce a note from your Mum excusing you from posting duties, you three need to get back to work!

• 3 months later...

Well. I guess I can now answer my own question......yes, it absolutely is possible to post too much!

Since I first started this thread, about 25 new members have signed up, and with the notable exceptions of Growl Tiger and Paul Cardin who have become regular contributors here, the amount of posts added in the past 4 months ????

28. Yes just 28 comments. Which leads me to the conclusion that in comparison I do post too much. Far too much!

Time for a re think on my recruitment strategy perhaps......!!

Don't be so hard on yourself dippy! you are open sincere, warm & welcoming to any new posters. it seems we live in a age where people are afraid to voice there opinions but they shouldn't be as we still live in a country where freedom of speech is a birth rite…but for how long that is the question?

Tee Hee!

I am not so sure Mr G Knight would agree with you Cambo! I think I got on his nerves!! But thanks for the kind words anyway!

Seriously though, Hereford Voice really does need more input from a wider circle of posters......this is a community resource, it needs to be used!!

The trouble with this site is it's excellent when it's used as a platform for serious debate about a pressing issues in Hereford - e.g. No hot food after X o'clock, Why don't we ever see a Policeman & The Plight of Street Drinkers. If there's nothing really sparking public debate, it's boring and/or inconsequential. Once you've heard someone's opinion that the Council isn't fit for purpose, then having it reiterated on every topic gets a bit wearing. The other thing that causes reluctance to post is the inevitable 'pile on' that occurs if someone says something which isn't the current groupthink. Most people believe it's okay to 'pile on' under the veil of anonymity. Smashing - but only The Gunner had the bottle to march into Castle Greyskull to hold the local Police Inspector to account. Wasn't that interesting reading? More revealing than a garden shed full of old Hereford Times' full of regurgitated press office releases. Those flashes of inspiration are the kind of debates that keep me checking back in - in the hope that HV is back to doing what it does best. Less troll, less rant, more insightful debate.

Hi George!

Nice to hear from you again!

The threads you refer to all have one thing in common - lots of people contributed! (I would also add that topics such as the bullying of council staff/ The IT contracts debacle/ Saving The Working Boys Home Campaign, have been very important ones.)

It is this variety of views that make for an informative and lively discussion, wouldn't you agree?? There is only so much a dozen or so can do....without more folks regularly adding to the mix, it ain't going to get any better!!

I fully accept, and have said before, that not all threads are going to strike a chord with all members....but surely to offer up an opinion now and again, shouldn't be asking too much??

The HT has very few regular contributors these days....if Hereford Voice goes the same way it will be a great loss.

I get your point George & agree to a degree

but I think it also comes down to whether or not people are interested in the topic or that those topics affects them? or feel they have anything to contribute towards them?

But we all have a opinion rightly or wrongly on most things it just seems that people are unsure whether or not to voice those opinions to the debate? maybe because it's the same posters who regularly do post that they are afraid of??…but they shouldn't be as it is always good if new posters come along with a different angle or something new to add to the topics being discussed?!

As we do have posters who put up good information to inform folk of what is happening in the county politically. We just don't have enough new voices to add to those debate through fear or apathy???

As a newbie I think there's a combination of factors as to why I don't post more. Not wanting to appear stupid, afraid of being shouted down, not knowing and/or feeling strongly enough about the subject etc. Or, simply disagreeing with the majority of posters and not wanting to stir things up!

George Armstrong, it's nice to read your post and I totally agree debate is healthy! But there are valid reasons why posters choose anonymity, you only have to read the thread on bullying to understand that. If you have ever had the misfortune to be bullied then you can empathise with people who become targets of bullies, particularly disabled members of our society. In an employment context when your livelihood is at risk then it is understandable why people hide behind a pseudonym. Anonymity of posters affords people who are close to what is happening the opportunity to inform those debates with inside knowledge of what's really going on inside an organisation such as the Council. That freedom to inform will make organisations like Herefordshire Council think very carefully in the future. The more people that address these forums with what they know the sooner it will stop the hierarchy from behaving in a way they wouldn't want exposing to the public. I would urge anyone reading these posts with an inside knowledge of misconduct, malpractice or any other tale to tell, to register on the voice and disclose it to the wider audience. You might hold a piece of a puzzle when combined with someone else's piece tells a story or informs a debate that finally brings the whole house of cards crashing down.

My warmest regards Mr Armstrong I hope you keep posting if only to appease Dippy!

Hi Hillbilly!

Thank you so much for taking the time to add your thoughts on this! We had a bit of a discussion about this the other week on a different thread didn't we??

From my own perspective, disagreeing about things is part of life, and new posters should not give two hoots about upsetting the apple cart,,,,it makes for a much more readable debate!

As for appearing stupid.....folks don't come more daft than me, and I muddle through!

Do you think that perhaps now you have dipped a toe in the water you might feel more like contributing more regularly now?? I am interested to hear how you feel, now that you have started posting????