Rose Tinted Rags.

bobby47

The Council have decided that this place that provides, love, care, comfort, friendship and training for our brothers and sisters who have a disability must move over, be gone from their premises, and make way for the Road To Nowhere.

There's a piece on the Hereford Times Readers Site. Please, take the time, go on the site and make a comment objecting to this decision.

Thank you all very much. My warmest regards.

Bobby , please excuse my limited knowledge of computers etc , however I am unable to find the HT Readers Site , probably staring me in the eyes but I failed , guidance please after a very testing day at you know where !

The Council have decided that this place that provides, love, care, comfort, friendship and training for our brothers and sisters who have a disability must move over, be gone from their premises, and make way for the Road To Nowhere.

There's a piece on the Hereford Times Readers Site. Please, take the time, go on the site and make a comment objecting to this decision.

Thank you all very much. My warmest regards.

Rather than object to this decision that will get nowhere why not ask on here if anyone has or knows somewhere they can relocate to.

Really disappointed that HC have decided to take this very high handed approach, and not give RTR more time.

What assistance are the COUNCIL giving them to find alternative premises?? (I am not including Chris Chapel here, as I know he is already trying to help)

Is there any available space at The St Owens Centre/The Barrs Court Hub ??

What about the possibility of using a community centre as a base?

I thought I read somewhere that a Tupsley Action Group had taken over the White House, and intended to develop it for community use....could there be a partnership of sorts with a community focused group like this - even if it was a temporary measure??

Dare I say it - there is a massive building on Bath Street, recently vacated - nothing is going to happen there for at least 12 months (at least, if due process is followed). Quite apt that they should use a building founded by the Hereford Society for Aiding the Industrious, don't you think? 

Yes Two Wheels!

You do dare say it!

And the Shirehall must surely be almost finished....then Brockington will be vacant!

Bobby, just to let you know, I have just popped over to HT, and read your simply outstanding post on the RTR thread. Well done. You said it all.

I'm not sure what/if I've done wrong....but I cannot log in to HT, I haven't had an email, so I don't think I'm joining the list of the banned, but I was unable to leave a comment tonight.

I'll try again tomorrow......

Folks, just so that all is clear to you. It's not the eviction that RTR are complaining about. The Council have allowed them to trade at the Tann Brook Centre rent free. The Council have been very good to them. The rot set in when they received a communication telling them they had six weeks to go. After a distressed phone call the chap from the Council agreed to an extension of two more weeks.

It's the limited time they are being given to get out which is the issue. Nothing else. Our Chris Chappell is working on this, I've got Jesse Norman involved and, after a lot of ranting and raving on the Councils FB site, they've finally agreed to place the issue before the Chief Executive Mr Neill, who, Im hopefully will accept there is no reason not to give RTR more time to find new premises and be able to pack up their stuff and clear out.

The issue is the distress this decision has caused. People with disabilities, whether they are physical or mental, all have one common trait in common. They don't deal with change well. In fact, they don't deal with it at all. It causes angst, upset, distress and anxiety and this affects the staff at RTR and Carer's.

Please go on the HT and say a little.

Hi Guys

To bring you up to date. Have got all sorts of people looking into this with Jesse going to look mid April. This place is ideal as users come from across the county and Tan Brook is near the station and bus station. So if RTR have to leave it needs to be somewhere close to City centre. Have a cunning plan!! I have met with CE of Echo and will also discuss again Friday as well as senior officer.

Hopefully have a result next week.

Kind regards,

Chris

Mr Chappell thank you so much for all your help. I can't tell you how appreciative everyone is that you've stepped in to help. Thank you everyone who has shown an interest in this issue.

I'm even minded to thank my personal nemesis Aylestone Voice for his help and supportive words on here and the Hereford Times!

Thank you everybody.

It is true that they have been given extended time. There are plenty of alternatives close to the City centre, bus and rail station,but almost all want a commercial rent which regretfully neither RTR or Echo it's parent charity have. RTR have to be as close to centre of City as possible to allow their clients to get there easily.

I met with Echo CE on Friday who is very positive and I am opptomistic that RTR will survive. Aparently Cllr Powell has not recievd any letters from the public about this so it is over to you!

I always believe that nothing is impossible and being positive is worth far more than negative. There is a way of achieving everything!

Kind regards

Chris, if the Council are telling you and others that they've been given more time, they are being economical with the truth. I've just had words with RTR and they tell me that their date to quit is the 27th, May. The extension that they say they've been granted was the extension that the Council gave them over the phone when the proprietors phoned up in a panic. I, they and their staff and customers were always aware of this initial extension. The Council have lied or they've twisted the facts and conveyed an idea that they've extended the stay of execution a second time.They've not done this at all. They've simply said, 'yes, we'll extend it' which, using Council speak, Council maths and Council spin is a form of truth, but its actually highly incorrect and untrue.

Quite simply they don't give a toss about Rosé Tinted Rags or any other public service that brings comfort to the people. They are only interested in serving this beast of a development and they ain't concerned in the least about what is true and what isn't true.

A curse on them. I spit in their direction. Liars, chancer's, cheats and embellishes of the truth.

Please Chris, challenge them. Ask them. Have you extended this notice to quit a second time?