Belmont Ward, Hereford City Council Election

megilleland

Nobody appears to have given a date for the Belmont Ward, Hereford City Council election on this website. The date is Thursday 13th February 2014. The polling station is at Belmont Community Centre, next to the Library. Polling hours are from 7am to 10pm. Don't forget to vote.

The statement of persons nominated can be seen here:
https://www.herefordshire.gov.uk/media/7615203/spn_hereford_belmont.pdf

• 2 weeks later...

Had a leaflet today put through the door from Adrian Bridges how can he be a candidate for the election when he works full time he would have no time to help the residents ?.A lot of the local Councillors don't work so they have time to help.At least one of the councillors who lives down by the Oval Cllr Powell gets things done for all of the residents who live in her area because she has time to do it and when she says she is going to do something she will not stop till it's done.Also it says he is fighting to save local libraries why was it he only proposed £2,000 when he knew they needed £5,000.And it says he has supported the local community groups in the Hereford times this week it says Hunderton and Belmont community Centre is closing on the 28 February.It also says Childrens play areas have to be improved it's okay if you live up Belmont like him  you have lots of play areas were are the ones in Newton Farm none.

Just to clarify a couple of issues raised above:-

1 - My Company actually gives me time off for Volunteer work which covers all aspect of Parish Council / charity work etc this is quite a substantial amount.

2 - Also my hours are flexible to suit the above, thus I can give as much time without the detrimental effect on my work and still support the electorate. In fact my Company actively encourages this volunteer / charity contribution and even  matches funding and recognises the value of this unpaid work in the Community.

3 - Modern Technology like this forum / WIFI / Mobile phone and access to the internet also ensures I can communicate as effectively.

END.

How can Adrian Bridges stand for election and help the people in the community when he can't work together with another Independent councillor.?Him self and Phil Edwards have got a big grudge against the councillor.I can't understand why.Maybe it's because she gets things done when asked to and doesn't stop until they have been done.Phil Edwards highjacked the hereford city election to stop one councillor being elected to deputy mayor this year, he got every councillor not to vote for her.This is not what we want in a political party if they did this at the top nothing would be done and they would always be fighting.

Maybe we all should not get too personal and remember that not everything is always as it seems!

I think all the candidates in the election tomorrow work, do't they? For the record, the Hunderton Community Centre is not in the Belmont ward, and their financial issues have nothing to do with the Belmont ward councillors, as Mandy Evans from the South Wye Partnership will confirm..

Just to make sure the record is accurate, Cllrs Edwards did not/ could not, make any councillor vote for or against anything they did not want too. One IOC councillor proposed, and I think one Independent councillor seconded the same nomination, but councillors from all the groups, Independents, IOC, Lib Dems and Conservatives, voted on a different nomination as Deputy Mayor. The present Deputy Mayor will be the next Mayor and his Father in Law will be the Deputy. Both IOC councillors.

Cllr Edwards certainly did not high jack the meeting as I am sure the record will show, as no members of the public were present I expect some councillor may have exaggerated the truth or misunderstood the situation!