Freedom Church Back In The News.

dippyhippy

Can I just say I was just concerned that this was a view expressed to me by a social worker from outside Herefordshire I just got into conversation with. I dont know anything about the Social Care team in Herefordshire Council or Freedom Church. I was just concerned that in a conversation with a social worker from outside our County that this was all this person knew about Herefordshire. If Clarkester says there is no connection, then that social worker had heard things or had dealings with Herefordshire that must have led them to the wrong impression or conclusion

Can I just say I was just concerned that this was a view expressed to me by a social worker from outside Herefordshire I just got into conversation with. I dont know anything about the Social Care team in Herefordshire Council or Freedom Church. I was just concerned that in a conversation with a social worker from outside our County that this was all this person knew about Herefordshire. If Clarkester says there is no connection, then that social worker had heard things or had dealings with Herefordshire that must have led them to the wrong impression or conclusion

In my post #444 I pointed out that Jo King had left her well paid role at the top of Looked After Children in Hereford. It is not readily apparent on the internet about the identity of her successor. She had connections with the Freedom Church but I don't know if the new person has. 

In my post #444 I pointed out that Jo King had left her well paid role at the top of Looked After Children in Hereford. It is not readily apparent on the internet about the identity of her successor. She had connections with the Freedom Church but I don't know if the new person has.

Looks like they've not found a replacement yet? as I came across this

post-991-0-73942700-1447715286_thumb.jpg

This article appeared on my news feed on FB!

It is a local business with strong links to FC & I think that people should be made aware of this in case they are unwittingly giving financial support to FC unknowingly because some of that money maybe finding its way into the FC coffers in gift aid or tithing?

At lest by knowing this you will be able to make a decision to whether you want to support them or not?…i'm not saying there a bad business but personally I will not be supporting them as I do not want any of my money finding its way into the hands of FC!

post-991-0-14071800-1447761097_thumb.jpg

http://www.theguardian.com/small-business-network/2015/nov/09/home-business-competition-entry-rayeesas-indian-kitchen-ltd

These are some photos taking from spices launch back in July

post-991-0-22572600-1447761211_thumb.jpg

post-991-0-15335000-1447761265_thumb.jpg

post-991-0-85509300-1447761303_thumb.jpg

I'd just like to add there not the only business with connections to FC there are quite a few others!

Wasn't this the lady dishing out sweeties earlier in the year at Mordiford school. I think there is a post in amongst this forum somewhere.

Nice to see Hereford has now got something to be proud of an enormous building given over to Freedom Church in a very prominent position. They have two routes into Hereford covered now here and Holme Lacy Road where to next?

From the outside it does not look terribly inviting but I'm sure they are all very hospitable and will give everyone who steps over the thereshold a very warm welcome. No such thing as free lunch.

They have. Just not found a link to the new person tho! Recruitment websites all show the job as filled! 

I am surprised it has taken so long it is offering a salary of £50k to £60k plus many benefits. For people looking to climb the ladder in this field this would appear on the surface to be a dream of a job there certainly would not be the pressure that there would be in the larger cities.  It is quite a know fact that Hereford Social Service generally have a problem recruiting and keeping staff You would think people would be clamouring to come to rural Hereford for that kind of money perhaps there is something a bit iffy about working in Social Services Hereford.

You would think people would be clamouring to come to rural Hereford for that kind of money perhaps there is something a bit iffy about working in Social Services Hereford.

Word's got round it's a lousy authority to work for.  Herefordshire's regarded as backward and dysfunctional by most other authorities in the 3 counties region, hence no doubt the recently reported failure in trying to share services with the likes of Shrops and Glos.

Well Freedom Church has obviously found something very welcoming here to want to set up their HQ in backward and disfunctional Herefordshire.  So when the Council employ these high flyers on massive salaries + perks  they are not getting as they say they do the creme de la creme they're just getting what they can.

Good advert all round.

Well Freedom Church has obviously found something very welcoming here to want to set up their HQ in backward and disfunctional Herefordshire. 

I bet the Leaders of the Church are living quite comfortably in 'disfunctional Herefordshire.'  ~ a phrase I will not actually take issue with. (the quote)  

I bet the Leaders of the Church are living quite comfortably in 'disfunctional Herefordshire.'  ~ a phrase I will not actually take issue with. (the quote)  

Just to be clear - I was referring to the Council rather than the County as a whole. I'd suggest the prominence of Freedom Church is ample evidence of the authority's backwardness and dysfunctional nature. What properly run authority would give so much latitude to a money grabbing, happy clappy fundamentalist cult?

‘Jesus burgers’ and Tory councillors: The new Freedom Church strategy?

Posted on May 5th, 2015 by Keith in Around the Shire

In what looks to be another effort to increase their stranglehold on Hereford, two Freedom Church pastors could be about to open a burger restaurant in the city.

Jon-Johnson-300x300.jpg

Tory candidate, Jon Johnson

Josh and Rosie Snowzell are listed as directors of a Bromleys Hereford Burger Limited, incorporated in June 2014, and are rumoured to be in talks with Old Market Hereford.

The Heckler has heard from a source closely linked to the project that architects are involved in drawing up layout plans for a restaurant at the new shopping complex.

Old Market Hereford have refused to either confirm or deny these rumours.

Apologies can't seem to get rid of his photograph it is not relevant

Does anyone know if local authorities use independent social workers?…if so why?

As it would appear that Karin Cooke is one?

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Karin Cooke has an agenda ..... In my opinion ..... Surely her beliefs must influence her work decisions? She appears to be a 'beacon' for that Church. I would sooner see that Professionals in that Sector have no distractions that others' perceive as being dodgy ..... 

No what Roger has said is absolutely spot on obviously he touched a nerve.  Mind you a down vote for something and for the life of me can't see what I said was that offensive.

Strange Plymouth Brethren (another large property owning religious organisation) should have their charity status removed and they are going through a very lengthy battle to have it reinstated.  The reason given for the loss of charity status was that PB did not do public good.  I know very little about Plymouth Brethren but can't see they do any more good than FC.

"Stephen Evans, National Secular Society campaigns manager, said: "it is wrong that the benefits of charitable status – including huge tax breaks – can be applied to an organisation which is, at its core, a religious organisation, and not a charity.

"There appears to be a need to tighten of the definition of what constitutes a 'public benefit' and for existing rules to be enforced to avoid charitable status simply becoming a tax avoidance system for religious groups."

In reaching their decision in the PDT case, the Charity Commission considered a range of activities undertaken by the PDT, which the church argued formed the basis for the "public benefit" of their organisation. One such activity included "open days" where the church distributes food and bibles. Though the Commission notes that "some members of the public have questioned why members of the PBCC do not eat with them and allow access to their meeting halls."

The Doctrine of Separation also raised problems for the PDT's application, with the Commission finding that "there is some evidence that the PBCC are inward facing with a strong focus on their nuclear and extended families (in so far as they are members of the community) and on their local meeting halls and wider PBCC fellowship." The commission added that judgement of whether the "benefits [of the PBCC] are conferred upon the public or a sufficient section of the public" was an "important consideration."

The Charity Commission concluded that "the evidence, on balance, may tend to suggest that PDT operates predominantly rather than exclusively for the benefit of its members" but that was not "necessarily fatal to charitable status."

According to Third Sector, "In announcing the decision, the [Charity Commission] said that the trust had 'demonstrated a willingness to make amends' for harsh disciplinary practices and that it must ensure meeting halls display prominent details about how non-members could attend services."

The surge in Plymouth Brethren congregations holding charitable status follows in the wake of a significant increase in the number of registered religious charities. In December 2014, an NPC report found that there are 9,000 more religious charities in the UK than in 2006, and that "nearly 1 in 5 of all charities in the UK" are faith-based. There are now 32,735 religious charities in the UK.

Recent scandals involving religious organisations with charitable status have included allegations of misuse of funds, theft and mismanagement."

Why has Roger received a vote down for his above post?  I see nothing contentious in it...

Clarkster that was me I went to give roger a mark up & press the red one by mistake (using iPhone) but as there's no way of changing it so cannot rectify it…you wouldn't be a love & do it for me please?