Roger Phillips resigns to concentrate on chasing funding!

flamboyant

Changes to Herefordshire Council’s cabinet

31 October 2013

A number of changes to Herefordshire Council’s cabinet have been announced with effect from 1 November 2013.

Councillor Tony Johnson, leader of Herefordshire Council, said: “The council has to radically change in response to the financial position affecting all councils across the country.  We have already lost several hundred staff, senior management and director posts since 2010 with more planned in the years ahead.  As funding continues to reduce, more and more we will become a commissioning authority which shares an increasing level of service provision and administration with partners.

“Against this background and future requirements, the form and size of the cabinet has been adjusted to reflect these changes.  Councillor Hamilton will not be replaced and his duties along with other portfolio items have been redistributed. 

“Councillor Phillips will step down from the cabinet allowing him to spend more time and expertise on the Local Enterprise Partnership (LEP), which central government has clearly stated will be the conduit for all funding from Westminster and Europe. 

“Councillor Morgan will take over as the new deputy leader from Councillor Price allowing him to concentrate on the core strategy, which is likely to be the largest single portfolio item we will have for some years, which when added to areas such as highways and planning, will present a significant workload.

“This is not simply a re-shuffle, the size and shape of the new cabinet is designed to reflect the changing demands on Herefordshire Council.â€

The new cabinet is:

Councillor Tony Johnson

Leader of Herefordshire Council / Corporate strategy and finance

Councillor Patricia Morgan

Deputy leader of Herefordshire Council / Corporate services

Councillor Harry Bramer

Contracts and assets

Councillor Graham Powell

Health and wellbeing

Councillor Philip Price

Infrastructure

Councillor Jeremy Millar

Young people and children’s wellbeing

Slowly but surely the Marches Local Enterprise Partnership is moving forward to take over the running of Herefordshire. We need to get out of the EU and its plan for regionalisation. All the money is been given to a few to decide the fate of many. Notice the Marches LEP has the following Herefordshire characters on board:

Councillor John Jarvis
Leader of Herefordshire Council also been involved in regional politics for more than 20 years

Peter Brown
Chair of Herefordshire Business Board also Chief Executive of Herefordshire Housing

Sir Ben Gill CBE
Marches LEP Co-opted Business Champion also chairman of the private sector-led organisation, Visit Herefordshire

Here you can read the Draft EU Structural and Investment Funds Strategy 2014-2020 to get an idea of the future without or a diminished Herefordshire Council.

Jimmy Kenyon has evoked an image of a sinking ship, which, given our predicament and our dysfunctional economic model that we are following, is no bad thing to suggest that we in fact are a floating vessel. A holed vessel in fact, thats sliding closer and closer toward the fiscal cliff of ruin.

Given that Jimmy Kenyon is right and we are indeed a ship, I say drag this dull and boring individual back aboard, tether him to the Poop or Orlop Deck and let him experience the same fate that awaits us all. Bloody deserter I say! He's had a big part to play in our demise and I'll be damned if we just let him leave our boat of bloody doom and simply wander off to feather his own nest.

He's also a thoroughly boring man. He's noted for being a very boring man. I was at the Starlight Rooms with others when he gave a speech about our Library services. Hordes of people, who'd been subjected to his boring oratory on the future of our Library's, staggered out muttering, 'My God. What a very boring individual.' His first Primary School Report read, 'Little Roger is a diligent student who is an extremely boring and uninteresting child'.

That says it all for me and anyone who thinks otherwise is a relative of Roger and no ally of mine. Drag him back aboard and let him suffer the chill of the brine, or in our case, the bloody Wye or the Lugg.

Their list needs updating, John Jarvis is no longer Leader of the Council, ( he is chairman of adult social care scrutiny committee. ) Anthony Johnson is leader has he taken John Jarvis place?

I emailed them about the accuracy of their website on 23 September, and had the following reply;

"We do need to undertake a number of updates to the website and just lack capacity to do so at present.  Cllr Jarvis is no longer on the LEP Board.  Cllr Tony Johnson took over when he became Leader.
We are hoping to make updates this Autumn when more hands arrive in the Team!"

Begs the question as to how accurate the rest of their site is.

Slowly but surely the Marches Local Enterprise Partnership is moving forward to take over the running of Herefordshire. We need to get out of the EU and its plan for regionalisation. All the money is been given to a few to decide the fate of many. Notice the Marches LEP has the following Herefordshire characters on board:

Councillor John Jarvis
Leader of Herefordshire Council also been involved in regional politics for more than 20 years

Peter Brown
Chair of Herefordshire Business Board also Chief Executive of Herefordshire Housing

Sir Ben Gill CBE
Marches LEP Co-opted Business Champion also chairman of the private sector-led organisation, Visit Herefordshire

Here you can read the Draft EU Structural and Investment Funds Strategy 2014-2020 to get an idea of the future without or a diminished Herefordshire Council.

"We are likely to become a very small organisation which commissions services from a range of bodies". 

Quote straight from Herefordshire Council's document released the last few days:

• 1 year later...

Chasing Funds!!!.......I'd like to chase him or rather, I'd like to see him chased. Yes, chased by a huge and starving deranged eight stone, mange ridden satanic looking Alsation dog hell bent on locking its jaws around his buttocks.

Chasing funds my neighbours left nut! Let's see how he gets on when 'the people' round him and all the other guilty ones up, give the beast a good sniff of the crotch from his underpants and howl, 'off you go lad. You've a three minute start before the chase begins'. Yes, we'd all see some proper chasing then and most certainly we'd see how effective Roger was trying to raise enough funds from passers bye as he desperately tries to raise the bus fare that'd get him out of High Town and onto the Putson Express and out of harms way from this beastly creation of Nature.

Bloody arrogance! 'Im away to chase funds'. What a thing to say. If Roger is our salvation and it's him and only him who'll deliver us from this fast approaching fiscal abyss then I'm Lobby Ludd and anyone who taps my shoulder and says, 'I claim my packet of Scratchings', gets me to sit on an umpires chair in High Town munching a custard slice as I slowly masturbate before a crowd of shoppers who insist upon me singing Lena Martell's version of The Old Rugged Cross as I gradually, over two hours, reach my climax and ejaculate to public cries of 'call the Constable. The mans a menace. We didn't stagger into High Town to witness this low form of depravity. Remove him, his umpires chair and stop him slaughtering that wonderful and much loved hymn that celebrates our love for Jesus.'

Chasing funding!!! You can be sure of one thing. When he empties his pockets and produces the cash he's managed to extract begging his way across the United Kingdom and Europe it'll be considerably less than the expenses he's claimed from the ratepayers who funded this gimmick of a crusade.