Herefordshire Community Toilet Scheme

Colin James

I don't blame them ... There's a history of various undesirables using the bogs there. I think they probably put that sign up reluctantly. 

Regarding The Grapes being on the toilet scheme ... They may well have a philanthropic motive but they probably hope that people actually might decide to make a food/drinks purchase having entered for their ablutions ... 

I disagree captain Wilson, if I had a shop in town I wouldn't want every one just walking in using my facilities.

You have to remember that opening your toilets up for non patrons is an increase in man power, increase in cleaning, increase in cleaning products.

Not to mention that if the toilets are "out the back" like in so many retail buildings you have issues of non insurance - which is why you find the large majority of businesses involved are pubs and those with existing customer amenities.

Your view. And I'll live with it ... 

I'm in the current age where information is exchanged a million times a second. You seem to want to revert back to the Stone Age ... 

And we have more than our fair share of people who do 

I'm all for business ventures, but pay to use toilets should be an ADDITIONAL service offered by private business owners.

They should absolutely NOT be relied upon by the council in place of public toilets.

We pay tax and going to the toilet is a human right - a necessity. 

Charging people for this is absolutely ridiculous, it is no different to charging people for farting.

Again, cut my services as much as you like, but give me my ******* money back

No different to most other Cities in the UK and I'm sure it cost me a £1 last time I was in London.

According to this weeks HT a 41 year old man calapsed in Hereford with drug misuse, having read the story further down he was found in the East Street toilets (which were re-opened just two weeks ago) the road was closed and the toilet was also closed again! The man is still in hospital.

According to this weeks HT a 41 year old man calapsed in Hereford with drug misuse, having read the story further down he was found in the East Street toilets (which were re-opened just two weeks ago) the road was closed and the toilet was also closed again! The man is still in hospital.

A MAN, suspected of overdosing on drugs, collapsed in the middle of Hereford yesterday afternoon (May 3).

Ambulance staff worked on the 41-year-old, who was taken to Hereford County Hospital and remains in serious condition.

Police were called to East Street public toilets – which had only been reopened two weeks ago – to assist at 1.45pm, blocking off the road and later closing the toilets.

A 36-year-old man from Hereford was arrested on suspicion of supplying heroin, and released on bail pending further inquiries.

Hereford Times

That toilet block has always attracted drug users ... It was always going to attract them when it re-opened ... And street drinkers as well ... They regularly held drinks parties in the disabled toilet as it was large enough to get a few people in ...