The Brook, Southholm Rd - Belmont Rd.

Chris Adcocks

I wonder can anyone tell me what on earth has happened to the once very pleasant walkway that used to run from Southolm Rd to Belmont Rd. I see somebody has decided that the best way to keep Waterfield Rd safe is to fell the dangerous trees and push them into the brook. Along with a wide variety of drinks bottles, carrier bags and numerous other items the brook is now becoming a health risk and a eyesore .
Does anyone know who is responsible and if it going to be sorted ?

post-216-0-62749400-1367923083.jpg

post-216-0-04130400-1367923090.jpg

post-109-0-42533600-1367949742.jpg

Chris, thank you for bringing this to my attention, Amey is responsible for this work I contacted them at 1pm today asking for the clearence of the whole length of the brook. I have just heard back from Amey to tell me that the tree cutting has not finished yet, but an operative will go to the brook this afternoon.

Amey just use strimmer's, no lawn mowers these days anything to get a quick job done Chris and yes I think it looks nothing like how it used to look.

Have a look at the mess they made here

What ever happened to good old lawn mowers! Nowadays strimmers and then they just blow all the grass or even worse they just leave the grass in clumps, no pride anymore.

• 3 weeks later...

I came passed the brook in Yarlington Mill on Friday lunchtime there were workmen doing electorial cabling works, when I arrived by the brook there were cones and a piece of their fence thrown in the brook, I went to fetch them to move it, all they said was " I didnot know it was there" they were working less than 6 ft away from where it was!

I came passed the brook in Yarlington Mill on Friday lunchtime there were workmen doing electorial cabling works, when I arrived by the brook there were cones and a piece of their fence thrown in the brook, I went to fetch them to move it, all they said was " I didnot know it was there" they were working less than 6 ft away from where it was!

Regardless of if they knew the brook was there or not, its disgusting for them to throw anything away like that, do that not use bins like anyone else or even take their rubbish away with them. Should be reported!

At 8.25am this morning I again reported the state of the brook to Amey officer reminding them that I first reported this on 5th May asking why it has not been done, she said she raise a work ticket for it to be done. I advised her that I would be going on a site visit Thursday morning about trees in Waterfield Rd and would be checking if the work had been done

• 3 months later...