Hereford City Link Road Video

Colin James

How does this help people who have travelled to Hereford to visit? Will there be special video displays before you enter the City?

Whilst they have made a video for motorists, there is nothing what so ever for cyclists - it seems that unless you ride on the pavements, sorry "shared space" you might have to cross 3 lanes of traffic to get to the railway station from Commercial road side. I do hope the Cabinet member responsible for this piece of tarmac will open it by riding a bike along its length to test how it promotes active travel for all the new students expected to arrive in their thousands in the next 5 years.

Jesus how confusing is this? It looks like a lot of this is one way around the city. So if your coming down Barrs Court Road you cannot turn right over the bridge into the city centre? What is that all about? I can see many people doing U Turns once they have turned left towards Aylestone Hill.

Because of all the turns you can't make, it looks like a lot of people will have to drive greater distances than before to get to some places if they use this road? How is that supposed to help "congestion"? 

And where is the "transport hub" at the station? The obvious thing to do was to make it easier for rail passengers to walk to the city centre, take a bus, or hire a bike.  Do we not welcome tourists, shoppers, students, etc. arriving by train or bus?

What do you mean your normal route around Franklin house?

Ragwert it is quite simple from Kingstone over the New Bridge down by Debenhams across by the Planning Office turn left at Franklin House etc etc

Anyway the sector I feel most sorry for are the older ladies and gents(Senior Citizens) from the Aylestone Hill and there are plenty their route to Morrisons will be the same but their route home will be totally different and a bit complicated.  For many this will be one drive too much and please do not say they should not be on the road.  This sometimes is their only trip out each week.  As TJ keeps reminding us we do have an ageing population.  I know plenty of shall we say more mature ladies and gents from the west of Hereford who will drive to Tesco to do their weekly but further into town.

This is a complete cock up from day one to add to this yesterday the new parking meters where being used i went to get my haircut and park in st john street and no cars where there.I use the barbers at the back of the Boothall and the hairdresser told me i was only the third customer of the day at 12.30,because of the new meters and she is very worried about her future.After i went for a cup of coffee and ended up talking to some tourist from Cheshire who come to the city for a day out 3 or 4 times a year,and what they said summed up the city . They will not bother again as the traffic congestion and parking costs in this city is extortionate there words not mine so here we have an example of what tourists think.Also if you now go to pay your respects to our fallen soldiers this weekend do not forget you have to pay to do so now as the 11th falls on saturday.The question is why have we been lumbered with a council and previous ones who are educated beyond there intelligence.Who was it that allowed private companies to dictate to the people of this city because that is what is happening people.Any land in this county owned by the council is also owned by the people and the council should act in the best interests of the people,not give land away to developers or allow private companies to inflict charges for parking we live here not the private companies ripping local people off.Whatever happened a free and honest society to live in.There is no doubt in my mind that council officials have been corrupted over the years it can be the only reason,otherwise why would you allow nearly half the city shops become empty.multi national companies move away from this city because of the poor infrastructure.

Ragwert it is quite simple from Kingstone over the New Bridge down by Debenhams across by the Planning Office turn left at Franklin House etc etc

Anyway the sector I feel most sorry for are the older ladies and gents(Senior Citizens) from the Aylestone Hill and there are plenty their route to Morrisons will be the same but their route home will be totally different and a bit complicated.  For many this will be one drive too much and please do not say they should not be on the road.  This sometimes is their only trip out each week.  As TJ keeps reminding us we do have an ageing population.  I know plenty of shall we say more mature ladies and gents from the west of Hereford who will drive to Tesco to do their weekly but further into town.

Sorry missed a vital word out last sentence should read "but no further into town"   Hereford is dying on it's feet!

The work connected with the four way junction at KFC/Morrison's'/Lidl is a work in progress. As are all the entry/egress routes from Morrison's. I get the general impression that when that end of the 'road to nowhere' goes live then there may well be problems. Yet to surface properly. I live on Aylestone Hill so use that area daily by car. 

Anyway the sector I feel most sorry for are the older ladies and gents(Senior Citizens) from the Aylestone Hill and there are plenty their route to Morrisons will be the same but their route home will be totally different and a bit complicated. 

The route, using a car, to go back to the Aylestone area from Morrison's will be the same as it has been for the last few months. Leave via the side exit opposite the sorting office and turn right. It will get more tiresome though as there will be another traffic light to go through. And the traffic flow coming towards Morrison's from Widemarsh Street is an unknown quantity at the moment as there is none currently. 

The route, using a car, to go back to the Aylestone area from Morrison's will be the same as it has been for the last few months. Leave via the side exit opposite the sorting office and turn right. It will get more tiresome though as there will be another traffic light to go through. And the traffic flow coming towards Morrison's from Widemarsh Street is an unknown quantity at the moment as there is none currently. 

There is no right turn there according to the map ....?

• 2 weeks later...

23905246_1303520509753398_72683670486054

LikeShow More Reactions
Comment

I have copied the above information sheet from Facebook - I wish I could say I understood it!

I think that removing the right turn out of Barrs Ct road is a good idea but no right turn into it !!!

The entrance and exit out of Morrisons is what motorists have been dong since the lay out was changed last year so I cannot see why they mention it here.

We have some of them stupid 'new traffic signals ahead' signs being put up which to me are really stupid just like this note.

If you cannot follow road signals,lines etc then you should not be driving.

Came into town this morning, it looks close to being finished.

My pet gripe about two lanes in Commercial Rd merging into one has obviously had some effect.

Just to be bloody-minded they have done exactly the same in the opposite direction.

Now two lanes of ahead traffic "merge" (jostle, bully, collide - you choose) into one after the lights.

Oh - such fun will be had!