Cilla's gone!

SON OF GRIDKNOCKER

I'm absolutely gutted by the news that Cilla Black has died. A show business legend, glamorous personality and a Merseysider capable of belting out the best Beatle songs.

What really get's my goat is that when the Grim Reaper woke up this morning (nursing a nasty hangover), Mrs GR mumbled to him under the duvet: "So who's it to be today, huggle bunny?"

"I was thinking I might take out the Blairs," he replied. "Maybe have their private jet crash on its way back from Kazakstan? That Corbyn jibe about heart transplants was well out of order."

"Let's go for Cilla", says Mrs GR.

'Cilla? What have you got against poor old Cilla Black, me dearest?"

"The teeth."

"Rather harsh reason to take someone's life, innit?" says GR.  "After all, she's only 72 - and she's never got over the loss of her Bobby."

And there you have it, Voice readers: seems we were within an ace of bidding farewell to Tony and Cherie Blair. Sadly, it was not to be.

CILLA BLACK   RIP

A sad loss . RIP Cilla , Mrs U and I grew up with you , well , we were a couple of years your senior but we enjoyed your music and accent .

Must add that the Grim Reaper is a bit of a bast.ard when it come to making decisions as to who,stays and who goes . We all know that the saying " only the good die young is very true "

I was sad to read Cilla had passed away, according to the press she went back to Spain with her son only yesterday, and was found to have passed away this morning. She was a true legend of our time, a true rags to riches story. I enjoyed her music back in the 1960's when I was a young girl, the 60s was a great time to be young. RIP Cilla, your with your beloved Bobby now.

'your my world your everything to me', now how many times did I sing that to girlfriends in the sixties. Then there was,'any one who ever loved would know that I love you'.

Cilla was just an ordinary kid a few years older than me but part of a generation that was still exploring the the new world of the sixties. What a star, what a legend.

Some of us were Beatle fans, some Stones. I was Beatles, and Gerry and the Pacemakers, the Animals and 'Dusty'. But it was Cilla who captured the real feelings of those years. God Bless Cilla, and thanks for being ordinary.