70 Villa St,Hunderton

ragwert

I have relatives with young children living in one of the flats in Villa Street.
Number 70 Villa Street is well known to police as a drug den also used for selling drugs.
It was raided by police again about three weeks ago but still drugs are being sold and used.
Tonight there are people in the flat fighting smoking weed,drinking etc.
What does it take to have this type of scum evicted because my relatives and the residents have had enough.

Doesn't this fall into Chris Chappell's ward??

Might be worth sending him a pm???

I share your sense of frustration. Nightmare neighbours cause a lot of anxiety.

My son and his partner have moved into a lovely little house, with my little dot of a grandchild. They both work very hard.They are busy sorting out the garden.

Their neighbours have two, very large, very aggressive dogs, who seem to hurl themselves at the fence. This is causing an awful lot of worry. The dogs are roaming around outside for the majority of the time. My son has spoken to the neighbours, but hasn't got anywhere.

What do you do??

He doesn't feel the garden is ever going to be a truly "safe" place.   

It's so true....you can choose your friends, you can ignore your family.... but you can't escape from your neighbours.

Maybe if they form a action group to gather evidence highlighting the fact of there unruly behaviour to form a case to approach which ever social housing group which own the flat (I'm presuming it's owned by one of them?) to put pressure on them to evict those unsocial tenants?

What does it take to have this type of scum evicted because my relatives and the residents have had enough.

I would make contact with the concerned neighbours and get them to diarize events over the next month and contact the Ward Councillor with some collated written evidence of anti-social behaviour. 

Roger, we did all that when I was dealing with it, because I told them to keep notes which they did, they showed the notes to myself Herefordshire Housing and police, the police also told Herefordshire Housing they had made a raid on the flat. I arranged a meeting with the  tenants away from the flats but HH did not come  to the meeting when I invited them.

Roger, we did all that when I was dealing with it, because I told them to keep notes which they did, they showed the notes to myself Herefordshire Housing and police, the police also told Herefordshire Housing they had made a raid on the flat. I arranged a meeting with the tenants away from the flats but HH did not come to the meeting when I invited them.

I think they should start harassing Hereford housing like ring them everyday & complain about there noise neighbours…if all the good tenants did that then I'm sure it would not be long before Hereford housing did something about the situation?

If these tenants are evicted they will be sent somewhere else to make other people's lives a misery.  Probably a little controversial but I would make one or two or three of these flats available for these druggies then at least they are all in one place and easier to police.  Move the young families out and give them nice trouble free homes.  Give the children a chance. The druggies have made their choice.

If these druggies are moved they are just going to make somebody else's life a misery and so on.

The problem then is that areas become ghettoised, and no go areas. I absolutely appreciate the point you make about children/families, but I don't feel that segregation is the answer.

There have got to be better options, and I'm sure there are. But they invariably involve time and money..... two things in very short supply, in these austere times.

I was dealing with this problem before the election at Villa Street, the police did attend and I also contacted Herefordshire Housing who the flat belongs to. It is Chris Chappell ward now so contact him, Glenda

Thanks Glenda.

The Council 'Noise Nuisance' page advises complainants to use their online contact form (where an image can be attached if applicable) or ring 01432 261761. Presumably the line won't be staffed when noise is going on but that's as good as it's going to get. But they do aim to respond to at least 90 per cent of complainants within five working days by letter, telephone or by visiting your property.

Has anyone on here ever used this? You read all the time in the papers of people having stereos seized etc. Admittedly I haven't seen stuff about round here but the powers are there. I'm sure ragwert's relatives aren't remotely interested where these nuisance neighbours end up ~ as long as they get hoofed out of Villa Street. Maybe it's someone else's turn to live next door to them? 

The problem then is that areas become ghettoised, and no go areas. I absolutely appreciate the point you make about children/families, but I don't feel that segregation is the answer.

How about empathy school you take the people causing the problem of being nuisance neighbours,subject them to the same antisocial noise levels or times 2 for a week say then with any luck they develop some empathy which makes them think twice before turning up the volume?…just a thought

A good thought..... still needs staff to organise and enable this sort of "exchange". And generally staff from (possibly probation, youth offending wherever) need paying!

I do think that some types of anti social behaviour would be best dealt with via a short, sharp shock. It has to be swift, no messing around with courts etc. a sort of cause and effect type of thing.

Police/housing associations/ Councils should be able to give some sort of "Community Cohesion" order, where ASB is dealt with in a more effective manner. If there have been issues with the elderly, for example, perhaps a "work experience" in a nursing home, might help the offender view their actions through another eyes.

Sadly, most things boil down to money. And there's none in the pot for this sort of initiative.

Thankfully, the council have various methods of acquiring funds for unnecessary roads..........

People will never be a priority for any Conservative led party, be that local or national.

Police/housing associations/ Councils should be able to give some sort of "Community Cohesion" order, where ASB is dealt with in a more effective manner. 

Total joke! 

Derek Tremlett was in court again last week [link] for Booze related antics: 

A MAN who stole vodka and crumpets has been given three months to prove he has turned his life around.

The Magistrates forgot, or ignored, his October 2014 appearance at the same venue [link] when he was given a sort of two year ASBO type order for the same sort of boozy behaviour:

Jim Mooney, Herefordshire’s police licensing and harm reduction coordinator said: “Mr Tremlett has had plenty of opportunity to changes his ways and the issuing of this order is the result of his unwillingness to alter his conduct and to behave.â€

The interesting point is the address change. Last year Derek Tremlett was from Moreton-on-Lugg .... Now he is 'of Springfield Ave, Hereford' .... What, or who is paying for, that accommodation? Obviously the Magistrates are not attaching a great deal of weight to Jim Mooney's observations! He's had 'plenty of chances' but obviously nowhere near enough! The old propaganda was that you got five years behind bars for breaching ASBO's but in fact the beaks are bending over backwards to dish out next to nothing. 

• 3 months later...

Thanks Glenda.

Same flat was raided by the police again this morning using their special red key to open the door.

My relative was wondering why her electric was been eaten up so quick all the time and discovered 

someone had been using her tumble dryer which is out on the veranda.We can guess who.

What will it take for this scum of a family to be evicted?

As I said back in June this year Herefordshire Housing did nothing then or since, and the estates manager for Hunderton is hopeless I have had many an arguement with her. Over a period of a year  I have given names/addresses to them of five households  dealing and useing drugs and they did nothing neither did the police and they are in the position to do something. But it is always the decent people that suffer, not the perbitrators. Maybe the tenants should tell Herefordshire Housing they will go to the press, because they don't like to see their name in the press. When I went to the press about a house in Newton farm they did something straight away.

My relative was wondering why her electric was been eaten up so quick all the time and discovered 

someone had been using her tumble dryer which is out on the veranda.

A tumble dryer cycle is gonna take the best part of an hour and makes a noisy whirring rotary sound as it does it's stuff. How can that go unnoticed? Or was it a daytime job when everyone was out at work? Has someone climbed across to dry some clothes on the quiet? 

As I said back in June this year Herefordshire Housing did nothing then or since, and the estates manager for Hunderton is hopeless I have had many an arguement with her. Over a period of a year  I have given names/addresses to them of five households  dealing and useing drugs and they did nothing neither did the police and they are in the position to do something. But it is always the decent people that suffer, not the perbitrators. Maybe the tenants should tell Herefordshire Housing they will go to the press, because they don't like to see their name in the press. When I went to the press about a house in Newton farm they did something straight away.

A tumble dryer cycle is gonna take the best part of an hour and makes a noisy whirring rotary sound as it does it's stuff. How can that go unnoticed? Or was it a daytime job when everyone was out at work? Has someone climbed across to dry some clothes on the quiet? 

Her neighbor commented that it was on in the day whilst she and her partner were at work

Her neighbor commented that it was on in the day whilst she and her partner were at work

Turn off the appliance at the plug. Which is probably indoors. I must say that this sort of sneaky activity is most unpleasant. Even tho it might only be a veranda and 50 pence of abstracted electric per cycle you end up being violated and your brain gets disturbed. These people should be evicted if proved guilty. 

Turn off the appliance at the plug. Which is probably indoors. I must say that this sort of sneaky activity is most unpleasant. Even tho it might only be a veranda and 50 pence of abstracted electric per cycle you end up being violated and your brain gets disturbed. These people should be evicted if proved guilty. 

Yep now switched off.Police were informed today about someone using the dryer and it's looking like these scumbags are finally being evicted very soon.

• 3 weeks later...