Tan Brook Centre demolition

ragwert

Hi Paul, as you're coming into town, it's at the bottom of Aylestone Hill, on the left hand side..... the corner of Rockfield Road. There are railings on the perimeter leading up to the little railway bridge.

Hope this helps you visualise where it is!

I believe one of the companies who had a compulsory purchase order are being relocated here..... something to do with gardening machinery/mowers I think!

Hi Paul, as you're coming into town, it's at the bottom of Aylestone Hill, on the left hand side..... the corner of Rockfield Road. There are railings on the perimeter leading up to the little railway bridge.

Hope this helps you visualise where it is!

I believe one of the companies who had a compulsory purchase order are being relocated here..... something to do with gardening machinery/mowers I think!

Thanks got it now, what is going there?

So the demolition of that attractive little group of buildings (the Tann Brook Centre), from which the admirable Rose Tinted Rags were unceromoniously despatched last year, has nothing whatsoever to do with the absurd Link Road (aka The Link Road to Nowhere)?

Was Ron Smith offered a lease of the Tann Brook Centre itself - which surely could have been refurbished for considerably less than the combined costs of demolition and new construction? 

Yes, the Rodent has been woken from his slumber by the demolotion every day at 7am for the last week and a half, although I am currently in the centre of Cairo which is quieter even with the regular call to prayer and the traffic! The centre had lots of asbestos in it, so perhaps better it has gone for good. Still, I agree that the link road is a very expensive solution to a problem I am not even sure exists.

• 2 months later...

Is Ron Smith a Honda dealer ?? If so Honda have possibly given him an ultimatum to have an up to date showroom or lose his franchise. It happened with the m/cycle dealers (remember we had a showroom once) . I would guess there is a huge investment going into the site. If as I say Honda had anything to do with it they would not have entertained the old buildings on the site.

Is Ron Smith a Honda dealer ?? If so Honda have possibly given him an ultimatum to have an up to date showroom or lose his franchise. It happened with the m/cycle dealers (remember we had a showroom once) . I would guess there is a huge investment going into the site. If as I say Honda had anything to do with it they would not have entertained the old buildings on the site.

Interestingly enough I tried to email Ron Smith because I'm after an inverter back up Honda Generator and the Honda site gave me the address.

It bounced back.