Jesse Norman to be probed by police

ragwert

Police are investigating a Tory MP over claims he attempted to bribe voters with chocolate cake.

Jesse Norman allegedly gave out cake while campaigning for re-election at an Asda supermarket in his Hereford constituency.

West Mercia Police last night said it was investigating reports of a breach of the Representation of the People Act 1983, which bans Election candidates from providing food, drink or entertainment in a bid to win votes.

Detectives are expected to speak to Mr Norman after he was photographed with trays of baked goods on April 2.

He described the allegations as ‘nonsense’, saying: ‘We had a couple of small boxes of chocolate muffins ... we may have given out one or two to children, who are not even voters.’

The probe follows would-be Ukip MP Kim Rose, who is standing in Southampton Itchen, being grilled by police for giving out sausage rolls at a party event earlier this year.

The 57-year-old has criticised the 'absolutely ridiculous' investigation after he was told he will face no further action.

Mr Rose said: 'The officers told me today that I have now entered the political world and I must no longer hand out sausage rolls.

'They told me I have got to watch anything I do. So I'm going to stay away from bakeries from now on - if I see one I'm going to run a mile.'

Hi guys. Sorry about:

o ignoring council bullying

o wanting to spend billions replacing Trident

o taking an axe to welfare benefits

o preventing young poor people from educating themselves

o wanting to restrict campaigning by third parties during elections (ironic chuckles all round)

...here's some chocolate cake.

Jesse Normans statement on the accusation of bribery was-

"Nonsense we had a couple of small boxes of chocolate muffins.... we may have given out one or two to children who are not even voters".

Actually Jesse, you had two medium size boxes of muffins a packet of Bakewell tarts and what looks to be a large portion of Doritos (flavour unknown)

I'm also guessing you didn't spend the night baking so it would appear the products are from Asda. How many boxes of those 'Asda bakery' muffins were sold as a result of all the free samples you gave out?

Please answer the following questions

Who gave you the muffins?

Did you eat a muffin?

Where they large, medium or small muffins?

Where your muffins strategically placed?

Since all gifts must be declared for public scrutiny, exactly how many muffins did you have, and what flavour were the Doritos?

Jesse Normans statement on the accusation of bribery was-

"Nonsense we had a couple of small boxes of chocolate muffins.... we may have given out one or two to children who are not even voters".

Actually Jesse, you had two medium size boxes of muffins a packet of Bakewell tarts and what looks to be a large portion of Doritos (flavour unknown)

I'm also guessing you didn't spend the night baking so it would appear the products are from Asda. How many boxes of those 'Asda bakery' muffins were sold as a result of all the free samples you gave out?

Please answer the following questions

Who gave you the muffins?

Did you eat a muffin?

Where they large, medium or small muffins?

Where your muffins strategically placed?

Since all gifts must be declared for public scrutiny, exactly how many muffins did you have, and what flavour were the Doritos?

Oooo I  Iove a nice muffin and so does my wife

Detectives are expected to speak to Mr Norman after he was photographed with trays of baked goods on April 2.

He described the allegations as ‘nonsense’, saying: ‘We had a couple of small boxes of chocolate muffins ... we may have given out one or two to children, who are not even voters.’

image.jpg

After the Kim Rose 'sausage roll gate' episode you'd expect Jesse Norman to steer clear of any situation where he could be accused of 'treating'. some kids under voting age may have had a bakewell tart but they have got parents who will be of voting age so his explanation is a bit lame. 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

image.jpg

It's quite comical that Jesse Norman was being moaned about for trying to garner the odd vote with an innocent Bakewell Tart (from a voting pool of 50k? ~ a lot anyway) when Sepp Blatter was funding some football pitches in the Cayman Islands witch may have resulted in him getting their vote from a pool of 209 voters .... In the recent FIFA Congress vote ... NYTimes