CCTV Hereford - Edgar street/Tesco roundabout

Animalmad68

Hi Just wondering if anyone knows if there is CCTV at the junction from Edgar street where you join the roundabout ?

My husband was hit side on as he was going around the roundabout by a car trying to get onto the roundabout from Edgar street. The other drivers ins. co. are trying to go for 50/50 blame which mystifies us. Would be really helpful to be able to get some cctv .

regards

Hi Just wondering if anyone knows if there is CCTV at the junction from Edgar street where you join the roundabout ?

My husband was hit side on as he was going around the roundabout by a car trying to get onto the roundabout from Edgar street. The other drivers ins. co. are trying to go for 50/50 blame which mystifies us. Would be really helpful to be able to get some cctv .

regards

Hello welcome to HV, I am sorry to hear of your accident and I trust that all passengers are ok. Can you explain a little more about the accident, were you approaching the roundabout from south of the river, with the complex in front of you? What lane were you in and where were you heading? 

Funding for CCTV is being cut drastically! Were the police not called to the scene? More details needed as to what happened here and it should be reported to the police if you havent done so!

In fairness, you do not need to call the police as long as nobody is hurt and details have been exchanged, but I am also somewhat confused because it sounds like the driver of the other vehicle basically drove into you, if I have understood this correctly? The driver came out from Edgar St as you were passing that exit yes? if this is the case it is certainly not 50/50 but i would not worry this is standard insurance practice if their part is at fault, you would be surprised at how many people would just agree with that. Did you have any witnesses?

One of many collision stories I've heard from people abusing that roundabout.

GLENDA I'm specifically targetting you now, because whenever I ask a question that you councillors aren't keen on, I get no replies what so ever.

So, Glenda, can you please look into the possibility of having a patrol car sit on that roundabout - in the middle of it for all I care - at least at peak times, so that people are scared into paying more attention to their driving?

I like the idea of putting 'stay in lane' on the road signs that were suggested by Colin

What we need is either a police officer or highways agency officers stood near the top of the new 3rd lane, asking people who have decided to drive into it if they intend using it correctly and making sure they continue to the A438 (Whitecross/Brecon Rd) because they CANNOT now change lanes! That will stop them !

Thanks for all of the replies, yes Bill Thomas it was as you understood it, another driver tried to drive from Edgar Street onto the roundabout. My husband was driving around the roundabout in the left hand lane to get off at the Newmarket street exit. The other driver went into the passenger side doors. The RTC was at 17.35 so I am sure lots of people did witness it but nobody stopped only the drivers to swap details. It is good to read what you mentioned about the ins. co. trying to go for a 50/50 claim in the first instance as I really cant see how a driver on the roundabout can be at all to blame for another driver hitting them as they try to join the roundabout !!! Husband speaking to claims team tomorrow as we are not accepting the 50/50 blame but it has been mentioned that any cctv footage will obviously help too.

Biomech, You don't need to target me I always answer people's questions,

And yet I asked maybe 3 times why the council is alledgedly spending £160,000 on a public tax survey when reopening the local toilets only cost £70,000. And didn't get a single comment from any councillor. In this instance, I targetted you for 2 reasons; when you name someone specifically, they don't fall prone to the bystander effect and B: You seem to actually make a move and look into things

I will enquire to the possibility for a police car to be located there! 

Thank you

I never  stand by and do nothing, my proven record show that. When this website was started back in 2010 until recently I was the only councillor answering ALL the questions, back then it was called by a different name and it was only for the people living in Belmont ward. I do not come on here as often now as I have my own website and I answer my residents from there!