Hereford Times

Denise Lloyd

I never know which sub title I should put a forum under so just randomly choose.

Anyway with the new subscription charge for the Hereford Times can some well informed person tell me and anybody else who may well be interested that if you pay for the HT digitally do you have an actual HT to read on line (similar to the way Hereford Journal used to do it) or do you just have access to certain reports that are posted online by HT?

Further more if you enter a shop and buy a copy of the HT I think I am correct in assuming you can only access a certain amount of reports on line 

Clarification required I took out a monthly on line HT sub but don't think I will keep it going if there is not a copy of the HT to flick through on line 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Denise Lloyd said:

I never know which sub title I should put a forum under so just randomly choose.

Anyway with the new subscription charge for the Hereford Times can some well informed person tell me and anybody else who may well be interested that if you pay for the HT digitally do you have an actual HT to read on line (similar to the way Hereford Journal used to do it) or do you just have access to certain reports that are posted online by HT?

Further more if you enter a shop and buy a copy of the HT I think I am correct in assuming you can only access a certain amount of reports on line 

Clarification required I took out a monthly on line HT sub but don't think I will keep it going if there is not a copy of the HT to flick through on line 

Denise click on the forums tab and select the most appropriate forum in this case I would have selected just the Open forum as you have selected Hereford Voice Projects forum, so I have moved it for you.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Denise Lloyd said:

I would not be paying for that newspaper when there are plenty of free sources like Hereford Voice offering news for free. You also have Twitter and other local news channels to choose from, all free.

I've given up with the HT website unless you subscribe. I bought an HT yesterday, but not weekly. The media because they depend on printed advertising are realising that the golden goose has been killed and are now relying on digitally extracting your data to sell to third parties. This is the future.

I posted this comment on HT a few days ago to illustrate this point and I know it is long- it was swiftly removed. But this style of accessing the internet is becoming the norm - pay, accept our terms and conditions or push off. I don't want all these sites poking their noses into my affairs.

It was no surprise that the first story I read in the HT was Google being able to track our local movements after extracting information off smartphones. The parlava one goes through to get on a website today is just a joke and this is what the HT want you to agree to by clicking accept and giving all these businesses a piece of your individuality. There has to be money in it for them otherwise they wouldn't do it

You've reached your free article limit

Want to read more?
Subscribe today to get unlimited, advert light digital access
Subscribe
Already a subscriber? Sign in here.

Sorry for the intrusion...
Please be aware we use cookies and similar technologies to help our site work, to understand how it is used, and to personalise content and advertising. It helps us continue to provide access to our content for free. By clicking "Accept" you agree to allow cookies to be placed.

You can manage your settings here and get more information via our privacy notice.

I Accept

Privacy Manager
Help us provide you with a better web experience. Publishers and partners set cookies and collect information from your browser to provide you with relevant content and advertising that helps better understand their audiences.

Information storage and access

The storage of information, or access to information that is already stored, on your device such as advertising identifiers, device identifiers, cookies, and similar technologies.
Verizon Media EMEA Limited
BidTheatre AB
ZBO Media
ADYOULIKE SA
travel audience GmbH
Captify Technologies Limited
RTB House S.A.
mobalo GmbH
Free Stream Media Corp. dba Samba TV
Index Exchange, Inc. 
RhythmOne LLC
LiquidM Technology GmbH
AdTheorent, Inc
GroupM UK Limited
The Trade Desk
Taboola Europe Limited
ADARA MEDIA UNLIMITED
NextRoll, Inc.
Flashtalking, Inc.
Blis Media Limited
SpotX, Inc.
Exponential Interactive, Inc d/b/a VDX.tv
Bidtellect, Inc
plista GmbH
Adform
Xandr, Inc.
Digilant Spain, SLU
Vdopia DBA Chocolate Platform
Epsilon
Sizmek
TAPTAP Networks SL
Jampp LTD
Teads 
TripleLift, Inc.
TabMo SAS
xAd, Inc. dba GroundTruth
MediaMath, Inc.
iotec global Ltd.
Publicis Media GmbH
InMobi Pte Ltd
Tapad, Inc.
WEBORAMA
AdMaxim Inc.
EASYmedia GmbH
Somo Audience Corp
Mediasmart Mobile S.L.
Collective Europe Ltd.
1020, Inc. dba Placecast and Ericsson Emodo
Smaato, Inc.
Sublime
comScore, Inc.
Adelphic LLC
GumGum, Inc.
smartclip Europe GmbH
Fusio by S4M
PulsePoint, Inc.
PubMatic, Inc.
Media.net Advertising FZ-LLC
Triapodi Ltd.
Platform161
Smadex SL
Quantcast International Limited
OpenX
Purch Group, Inc.
Sonobi, Inc
BeeswaxIO Corporation
Smart Adserver
Emerse Sverige AB
Avid Media Ltd
Sift Media, Inc
Ziff Davis LLC
Adikteev / Emoteev
Justpremium BV
UberMedia, Inc.
Sovrn Holdings Inc
Getintent USA, inc.
Publishers Internationale Pty Ltd
BIDSWITCH GmbH
SMARTSTREAM.TV GmbH
Acuityads Inc.
Delta Projects AB
RTK.IO, Inc
The Rubicon Project, Inc. 
Adnami Aps
Adobe Advertising Cloud
Criteo SA
DynAdmic
Amobee, Inc. 
EMX Digital LLC
OneTag Limited
Centro, Inc.
remerge GmbH
Pocketmath Pte Ltd
Carbon (AI) Limited
Unruly Group Ltd
AudienceProject Aps
McCann Discipline LTD
Mobile Professionals BV

Personalisation

The collection and processing of information about your use of this service to subsequently personalise advertising and/or content for you in other contexts, such as on other websites or apps, over time. Typically, the content of the site or app is used to make inferences about your interests, which inform future selection of advertising and/or content.
Google Ad Manager
Verizon Media EMEA Limited
BidTheatre AB
ZBO Media
ADYOULIKE SA
travel audience GmbH
mobalo GmbH
RhythmOne LLC
ORTEC B.V.
LiquidM Technology GmbH
AdTheorent, Inc
GroupM UK Limited
The Trade Desk
ADARA MEDIA UNLIMITED
Inskin Media LTD
NextRoll, Inc.
Flashtalking, Inc.
Blis Media Limited
Bidtellect, Inc
plista GmbH
Qriously Ltd
Playbuzz Ltd. 
Digilant Spain, SLU
TAPTAP Networks SL
Jampp LTD
Teads 
TabMo SAS
iotec global Ltd.
InMobi Pte Ltd
AdMaxim Inc.
EASYmedia GmbH
Somo Audience Corp
Collective Europe Ltd.
Digitize New Media Ltd
Smaato, Inc.
Vibrant Media Limited
Sublime
Adelphic LLC
GumGum, Inc.
Fusio by S4M
PulsePoint, Inc.
Media.net Advertising FZ-LLC
Triapodi Ltd.
Platform161
Smadex SL
OpenX
Sonobi, Inc
Smart Adserver
Emerse Sverige AB
Avid Media Ltd
Sift Media, Inc
Ziff Davis LLC
Adikteev / Emoteev
Justpremium BV
UberMedia, Inc.
Sovrn Holdings Inc
Publishers Internationale Pty Ltd
BIDSWITCH GmbH
Acuityads Inc.
Perform Media Services Ltd
Adobe Advertising Cloud
Criteo SA
EMX Digital LLC
OneTag Limited
remerge GmbH
Pocketmath Pte Ltd
Carbon (AI) Limited
AudienceProject Aps
Simplifi Holdings Inc.
McCann Discipline LTD
Spotad
Mobile Professionals BV

Ad selection, delivery, reporting

The collection of information, and combination with previously collected information, to select and deliver advertisements for you, and to measure the delivery and effectiveness of such advertisements. This includes using previously collected information about your interests to select ads, processing data about what advertisements were shown, how often they were shown, when and where they were shown, and whether you took any action related to the advertisement, including for example clicking an ad or making a purchase. This does not include personalisation, which is the collection and processing of information about your use of this service to subsequently personalise advertising and/or content for you in other contexts, such as websites or apps, over time.
ZBO Media
travel audience GmbH
Rezonence Limited
RTB House S.A.
mobalo GmbH
RhythmOne LLC
LiquidM Technology GmbH
AdTheorent, Inc
GroupM UK Limited
ADARA MEDIA UNLIMITED
Inskin Media LTD
NextRoll, Inc.
Flashtalking, Inc.
Blis Media Limited
Bidtellect, Inc
plista GmbH
Qriously Ltd
Digilant Spain, SLU
Vdopia DBA Chocolate Platform
TAPTAP Networks SL
Jampp LTD
TabMo SAS
iotec global Ltd.
InMobi Pte Ltd
AdMaxim Inc.
EASYmedia GmbH
Mediasmart Mobile S.L.
Collective Europe Ltd.
Smaato, Inc.
Vibrant Media Limited
Sublime
Adelphic LLC
GumGum, Inc.
PulsePoint, Inc.
Triapodi Ltd.
Platform161
Smadex SL
OpenX
BeeswaxIO Corporation
Avid Media Ltd
Sift Media, Inc
Ziff Davis LLC
Adikteev / Emoteev
Sharethrough, Inc
Justpremium BV
UberMedia, Inc.
Sovrn Holdings Inc
BIDSWITCH GmbH
RockYou, Inc.
Acuityads Inc.
Adnami Aps
Adobe Advertising Cloud
Criteo SA
DynAdmic
OneTag Limited
remerge GmbH
Pocketmath Pte Ltd
Carbon (AI) Limited
Simplifi Holdings Inc.
McCann Discipline LTD
Spotad
Mobile Professionals BV

Content selection, delivery, reporting

The collection of information, and combination with previously collected information, to select and deliver content for you, and to measure the delivery and effectiveness of such content. This includes using previously collected information about your interests to select content, processing data about what content was shown, how often or how long it was shown, when and where it was shown, and whether the you took any action related to the content, including for example clicking on content. This does not include personalisation, which is the collection and processing of information about your use of this service to subsequently personalise content and/or advertising for you in other contexts, such as websites or apps, over time.
ADYOULIKE SA
travel audience GmbH
mobalo GmbH
RhythmOne LLC
AdTheorent, Inc
GroupM UK Limited
ADARA MEDIA UNLIMITED
NextRoll, Inc.
Blis Media Limited
Bidtellect, Inc
plista GmbH
Qriously Ltd
Digilant Spain, SLU
InMobi Pte Ltd
AdMaxim Inc.
EASYmedia GmbH
Collective Europe Ltd.
Digitize New Media Ltd
Smaato, Inc.
Vibrant Media Limited
PulsePoint, Inc.
Platform161
Smadex SL
Emerse Sverige AB
Adikteev / Emoteev
Justpremium BV
UberMedia, Inc.
BIDSWITCH GmbH
Acuityads Inc.
RTK.IO, Inc
Adobe Advertising Cloud
OneTag Limited
remerge GmbH
Carbon (AI) Limited
Simplifi Holdings Inc.
McCann Discipline LTD
Mobile Professionals BV

Measurement

The collection of information about your use of the content, and combination with previously collected information, used to measure, understand, and report on your usage of the service. This does not include personalisation, the collection of information about your use of this service to subsequently personalise content and/or advertising for you in other contexts, i.e. on other service, such as websites or apps, over time.travel audience GmbH
Rezonence Limited
mobalo GmbH
RhythmOne LLC
LiquidM Technology GmbH
AdTheorent, Inc
ADARA MEDIA UNLIMITED
Inskin Media LTD
NextRoll, Inc.
Flashtalking, Inc.
Blis Media Limited
Bidtellect, Inc
Qriously Ltd
Digilant Spain, SLU
Jampp LTD
iotec global Ltd.
InMobi Pte Ltd
AdMaxim Inc.
EASYmedia GmbH
Collective Europe Ltd.
Smaato, Inc.
Vibrant Media Limited
comScore, Inc.
GumGum, Inc.
Fusio by S4M
PulsePoint, Inc.
Triapodi Ltd.
Platform161
Smadex SL
BeeswaxIO Corporation
Ziff Davis LLC
Adikteev / Emoteev
Sharethrough, Inc
Justpremium BV
UberMedia, Inc.
Sovrn Holdings Inc
BIDSWITCH GmbH
Acuityads Inc.
Adobe Advertising Cloud
remerge GmbH
Pocketmath Pte Ltd
Simplifi Holdings Inc.
McCann Discipline LTD
Mobile Professionals BV

And this is just one site that people access every day. Remember you thought you were searching Google, but Google was searching you.

• Like 1
  • Frustrated 1

Yes even if you have Ad block on most newspapers now you have to pause the ad block to be able to read it. Oh well perhaps they will read these comments (well we know they do) and attempt to improve our reading experience!

On the good news side my sub to HT is now cancelled - the cancellation went very smoothly - so will now buy a hard copy to flick through and recycle!

I came across The Economist here for the period January 1849 to June 1849 and was fascinated by the amount and cross section of news this periodical covered in its day. And this was before any modern methods of communication came about. Home news, European news, Market news covering the Empire. Makes the HT look like a parish magazine.

Once upon a time there was green in colour local newspaper it came out on a Wednesday and once Dad had finished doing his bidding (and selling) in the cattle/sheep market he come home with this paper. A bit of a highlight in those days and it really isn't long ago - honest!  My experience of Parish magazine is that on the whole they are informative sometimes amusing and sometimes useful but it might well be different for us village dwellers!!