I told you it would get worse! (continued)

megilleland

This problem has been ongoing for 20 years. Still waiting for Balfour Beatty to come and cut the grass and the trees are becoming a nightmare for people living underneath them. No news from our local councillor following an email sent. Herefordshire Housing and Muir Housing also involved and responding with site visits to assess situation. Basically Hereford Council and BBLP lack of interest creates blight on our estates and they don't care.

Regarding this topic it's a shame that the old postings can't be replied to. Also I note that the posts on new topics are not numbered. This was useful in the past.

DSC02625.thumb.JPG.9a54da2275b3330b4df9651d5fbf11b7.JPG  DSC02675.thumb.JPG.aaf5439360a637db5e74d24d0b46b72b.JPG

DSC02672.JPG.d5ec59f377f8788668ecf49c01d69e46.JPG

Martin no surprise there regarding local councillor Bernard Hunt, Like Phil Edwards he got a reputation for ignoring his constituents, ask anyone in Bromyard, he not allowed to stand there again. Going back to the state of the trees and pathways, ring HC on 260000 and ask for Belfour Beattie and speak to them yourself. Other than that send your photo to HT and tell them what you written on here.

BBLP's admitted policy is reactive ie do nothing until someone complains (and then still do little or nothing). It's a shame that payment to them isn't on the same basis. Instead of proper, planned ongoing maintenance, everything is in terminal decline, with a man and a van turning up to react to a collections of complaints, patching it at best and clearing off again. Or just closing the logged complaint as finished without doing anything (as is happening with issues in my road).

Getting off the bus this evening at 6pm came across a woman and I presume her daughter with a litter picker and black bag. In 20 years this is the first time I have come across another member of the public on Newton Farm trying to keep the environment tidy - well done.

• Thumbs Up 1

Roger... Where I appreciate you contacting your  councillor Kath Hey, I am not surprised she hasn't answered she not the councillor for Newton Farm, Bernard Hunt is.

Martin... There is another website for NF called Nextdoor, Bernard Hunt address according to him is Cedar Close which is where Phil Edwards lives,  Maybe he asking him to take his calls/emails?

Glenda I am referring to the PC Meetings held at Belmont Community Centre every 6 weeks. The last time I looked at their financial situation they had enough money to hire a lengthsman to do the work referred to. This would take away the necessity of relying on BB who clearly are incapable of doing the work.  

On 13/07/2019 at 09:19, Glenda Powell said:

Roger... Where I appreciate you contacting your  councillor Kath Hey, I am not surprised she hasn't answered she not the councillor for Newton Farm, Bernard Hunt is.

Obviously you are trying to make a cheap 'forum' and pedantic point. The 'ongoing' grass problem is widespread. Not confined to an area represented by a certain Councillor. You knew what I was saying and tried to be clever. You need to get a grip. I will add, as you need it spelled out, that I contacted Kath Hey about problems 10 feet from my back gate. Problems connected 100% with the sentiment of the topic title above. The #1 post. No reply from a Councillor after a month has passed is 'failure' in my book. 

21 hours ago, Glenda Powell said:

Roger.... I was neither making a cheap forum and pedantic point, this story is about NF, the problem may widespread, but at this moment Megilleland post above is about NF so are all the pictures.

Keep digging ..... I expanded the debate. To demonstrate a wider issue. Environmental issues are widespread in the City Estates. The grip has been lost (by the Council) on necessary environmental housekeeping. 

It appears now that you need to go public and direct with these issues; ie social media with hash tags so that everyone can see them. I find Twitter is very useful. Except when they reply with a DM and you reply publicly so everyone can see too :Thumbs-Up:

On a side note I have contacted Bblp with regards to unsafe play equipment. They said it's HC issue!! That was a week ago - it's still unsafe and in use!!

It appears the grass cutting schedule shows only 4 cuts a year. BBLP missed the first one, possibly due to the weather at the time. Obviously if they miss a cut they don't bother to come back when its dried out. The next cut is 15th July to 19th July. Wait and see if they turn up. No reply from my councillor from email sent 9th July. He needs to make a site visit to see the problems himself. Only 2 days left to react - any chance?

7 hours ago, Glenda Powell said:

Martin he a member of Phil Edwards Newton Farmers grass cutting team (see the photo of them both on his election leaflet) BBLP didn't do a cut because Phil Edwards did it on his sit-on machine, although HC pays BBLP to cut the grass as a part of their contract with them.

Nobody has cut it this year.

On 17/07/2019 at 23:38, DILLIGAF said:

It appears now that you need to go public and direct with these issues; ie social media with hash tags so that everyone can see them. I find Twitter is very useful. 

I agree. The Council do try and engage with a 'direct message'. But engagement Publicly on Twitter is better. 

On 21/07/2019 at 09:28, megilleland said:

Scheduled cut this week for Muir Close passes by again with nothing done. Makes a joke of Balfour Beatty strapline "Living Places"

They've been out today at long last and cut the grass all down to their usual standard and left a mess behind them. How do they expect children to play on these areas. I am surprised no one has caught Lyme's Disease the grass was so long. The alley way up the side of the garages next to 34 Muir Close is still blocked by shrubs.