Morrisons Hereford

Mackenna

I've just received a parking ticket from Hereford Morrisons for a total time of 2hrs 51 minutes. I was given a parking ticket from a lady with about an hour and a half on. I used the ticket and then returned to my car an hour later to put a 2-hour ticket on. Is this insufficient?

Someone help please!

• 2 weeks later...

I actually think you’re f.u.c.ked! If I’ve got this right, some kind person handed you their parking permit that had 90 minutes left on it. Nothing unreasonable about thst. You then displayed that ticket in the window of your car and then near the time of its  expiry time you updated your parking time with a ticket you generated.

if that’s the case and I’ve got it right, you’re on dodgy ground because the first permit that you displayed wasn’t legally yours to display. Albeit it was a kindly gift, it doesn’t matter. It wasn’t your permit and consequently not yours to use. In short the tickets are not transferable and alas you are legally liable to pay the fine.

Im sorry it’s not what you want to hear but that’s the way I see it and I’m afraid I’m probably right. Whilst handing one another a parking permit that’s got plenty of time left on it is common practice and a good neighbourly thing to do, it’s simply not valid because the original ticket was not generated by you for your vehicle.

Me? I’d pay the fine and put this one down to a bitter experience. My warmest regards.

I'm thinking that the Store will have a camera which records the time your vehicle entered their car park ( ANPR ) and another camera recording the time you left .

i expect that there is a noticeboard  board tucked away with the conditions you have to comply with , one condition might be that you must not stay longer than 2 hours maximen .

I use this shop virtually every day. The car parking is an ANPR camera system. Third party operator. I have never bought a ticket in that supermarket car park. Only had one penalty ticket which alleged I had parked overnight. I got let off as I was innocent. The store is getting serious parking abuse from casual parkers' tho. It's bound to increase with the student accommodation being built on the old Rockfield site opposite. 

31 minutes ago, ragwert said:

I parked there yesterday about 6pm to take my grandson to A&E.Not one of the ticket machines was working.

I guess that what you did was walk to the  Customer Services in Morrisons and told them plus paying a £1 for two hours parking  ? LOL 

Don't answer that it might  just  incriminate you ! 

On 21/05/2019 at 20:16, Ubique said:

I guess that what you did was walk to the  Customer Services in Morrisons and told them plus paying a £1 for two hours parking  ? LOL 

Don't answer that it might  just  incriminate you ! 

I took photos of all four machines showing the message 'Not in use'  :Happy_32:

• 1 year later...
18 minutes ago, Katarina said:

Hi there. Unfortunately I gave overtimed  parking ticket to the cashier. She paid me £1 back but she realised that it is overtimed. She said it is £89. I said sorry and left. She kept the ticket, Nobody stoped me or so. What should I do in this case?

Hi Katrina, how long were you actually parked there and how much were you over? 

5 minutes ago, Katarina said:

Ticket was due to 17.44, and time when the cashier Lady realised that, was 18.12 so that 26 minutes over.

I think I would just wait and see if anything develops. These are not really parking tickets they are speculative invoices (Google it) and are really difficult to enforce. Please let us know the outcome. Also welcome to the forum it is good to have you here. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...