Man Charged with Murder Appears in Court

Hereford Voice

A man charged with the murder of Julie Clark (we understand that this was his mother) who died from stab wounds at her home in Highmore Street, Hereford, last Tuesday appeared in court at Hereford today.

Jason Nellist, 40, of Nicholson Court, Hereford was at Hereford Magistrates Court this morning.
Jason Nellist.jpg
Nellist only spoke to confirm his name, age and address.

The case has been adjourned until his next appearance at Worcester Crown Court on Wednesday, January 17.

Jason Nellist has been remanded in custody.

This is a difficult one to reply to, this man is in obvious need of help and from my understanding from a local friend he was getting a lot of help from various health authorities. He is clearly is huge danger to other people so not sure what the best solution is here without being politically correct. He has murdered his mother, yes we could argue that he probably didn't realise what he was doing, so what now? The help he was receiving was not working and there is probably no real cure here either, secure hospital?

This is a difficult one to reply to, this man is in obvious need of help and from my understanding from a local friend he was getting a lot of help from various health authorities. He is clearly is huge danger to other people so not sure what the best solution is here without being politically correct. He has murdered his mother, yes we could argue that he probably didn't realise what he was doing, so what now? The help he was receiving was not working and there is probably no real cure here either, secure hospital?

Some people are that ill they are beyond help. Can you ever see this guy being let out again and would you want him to be? 

I see it hit the Daily Mail

Well, according to my sources, and granted I have to get them blind drunk first before they tell me what they know, the notion that the lad acted solely on impulse because of mental health issues could be a little misleading.

Elements of premeditation, namely the earlier purchase of a knife and a rope from a City Store before the criminal act was carried out suggest some thought or planning went into this terrible event. The rope? To hang the family cat!

Well, according to my sources, and granted I have to get them blind drunk first before they tell me what they know, the notion that the lad acted solely on impulse because of mental health issues could be a little misleading.

Elements of premeditation, namely the earlier purchase of a knife and a rope from a City Store before the criminal act was carried out suggest some thought or planning went into this terrible event. The rope? To hang the family cat!

It was a hacksaw and rope Bobby.He used to work in that 'City store' a few years back too.

Like you say Bob it should like he had this planned and knew exactly what he was doing.