BBC Question Time to broadcast from Hereford

Colin James

BBC 'Question Time' programme will be broadcast live from Hereford on the 18th January 2018.

question-time-david-dimbleby.jpg

David Dimbleby will host the show with a selection of guests from all political backgrounds - location still to be confirmed.

If you would like to be a part of the audience and put your questions to the panel then please visit HERE

I wouldn't bother Glenda. By the time the BBC audience is carefully vetted and the questions are selected to avoid anything that reflects the views of the people, by the time the programme has ended you'd never know that anyone in our County ever wanted to leave the European Union.

For the odd one or two who dare voice their view that Free Movement Of People has been devastatingly damaging to our County and our public services, they'll be a dozen others shouting them down telling the watching Country that it's all been a wonderful thing and we're all dancing through lush green meadows kicking the tops of daisies celebrating how lovely and how enriching it's all been for everyone.

Stay at home my dear. Keep warm, just watch the tv and save yourself an evening watching our vote to leave slip out of our hands and into the lap of those that matter. Our ruling elite and all those others stupid enough to believe that the European Union is a force for good.

I really wouldn't bother Irena. In fact, given the way the EU are about to treat your home Country and destroy your last remnants of national pride and patriotism before subjecting your Country once again to another totalitarian State not unlike the Soviet Union, I'd have thought you and any other Polish citizen would have had a guts full of listening to the EU and their French Poodles the British ruling elite.

Concerning Brexit there will be no questions asked about EU control of British defence procurement, industry and training and the EU plan for treasury union.

Maybe our MPs will be able to expose the myth that we will leave the EU and how much the UK will be contributing to the EU military coffers over the next 5 years. However to date our local MPs have remained silent on these issues. Interestingly UKIP drew attention to EU military plans 2 years ago, Enoch Powell’s EEC / EU Prophecy at the start of the EEC and only recently France is hoping to take advantage of Germany's present political position.

More historic debates here. We do not get this standard of debate on issues affecting us today - only silence or mud slinging from the majority of our MPs almost a pantomine.

Robin Day vs. Enoch Powell vs. others on the UK's membership of the EEC.

This debate is being relived today and the BBC as usual are as biased as ever.

Tony Benn - Britain must Leave the EU to restore Democracy

Australia child abuse inquiry finds 'serious failings' - BBC News

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=4&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwjNz7CwlpPYAhUCJMAKHZGTB30QFgg0MAM&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.bbc.co.uk%2Fnews%2Fworld-australia-42361874&usg=AOvVaw18Wlf0PogA9sX1qmiaAG8Q

This was reported on the Radio 4 News the other night but since then I have not heard it reported once.  Another hush up I fear.

I do not know if any children from this county were shipped out for a "supposedly better life" but the practice only really came to an end in the 1960's.  What some of  these children went through was horrific and why has it not been spoken about more?

• 4 weeks later...

THE Question Time guests who will be part of the live televised debate in Hereford next week have been revealed.

Conservative MP Suella Fernandes, the Mayor of Manchester, Andy Burnham, the chairman of the Royal Bank of Scotland, Sir Howard Davies, and Munira Mirza, an arts advisor, will all be on the panel next Thursday.

Anyone wishing to apply to be part of the audience at The Courtyard next Thursday should visit bbc.co.uk/questiontime or call 0330 123 9988.

I got my email yesterday saying I didn't make the final cut. This, despite me saying I was a unidexter with a clubbed foot, undergoing a gender realignment, very keen to pay my TV Licence and a committed lover of the European Union, I'm out with the rest of you watching the box.

Hello Bobby. I get irritated by the format of this programme and the questions posed which we all know will be asked. I find pressing the red button and reading viewers comments more interesting and giving a more accurate representation of the feelings of the British public. Also watching UK Column gives an alternative slant on stories that the BBC does not or will not cover.

ie:

START  Fake News: Donald Trumps list in the headlines
05:25  The smokescreen of normality: Brexit is a scam
06:14  Franco British Council: undermining British Sovereignty
23:45  Nigel Farage busy destroying UKIP...Hague calls for disbanding
25:21  PFI and PF2: capital value £60bn, cost to the taxpayer £199bn…
27:49  RBS: hanging their customers…?
29:48  Rt. Hon David Gauke: defending independent judiciary & rule of law
33:19  Prime Minister (temporary replacement) bill 2017-2019
36:34  Grenfell Tower: housing boss quits six months after tragedy

Martin, The high point for me was those few painful moments when the screen went black, transmission was halted and for a brief few moments in time it crossed my mind that their was a God and the Council had inadvertently made a decision many years ago to build a terrestrial transmitter upon an unstable marshy bog and the whole structure had succumbed to gravity and fallen bloody down.

Course, the real low point was when the programme actually began quickly confirming to me that nobody in that audience voted to leave the European Union and whatever our current woes, particularly within the NHS, it was all the fault of the Tories and nothing to do with successive governments who've all helped to buggar it all up.

A complete waste of time. The only happy news is, after fifteen years of people like us moaning about the inequities of PFI, the politicians are now openly saying, 'it's all been a terrible mistake'. Other than that, and we didn't have a streaker or a death amongst the audience, I can't recall anything that made me think it was a good idea to watch the bloody programme.