Hereford Traffic

twowheelsgood

I should like to nominate council officer Geof Hughes for the newly-created Voice accoloade of Roadworks Muddler of the Year, for the disgracefully uncoordinated planning of the installation of the signalling systems at the eastern extremity of the £25-million Link Road to Nowhere which have now been going on for over a month. The planning of an alcoholic celebration inside a brewery come to mind.

From Hereford 2020;

ROAD WORKS | Here's a list of road works which are being undertaken in the upcoming months in Hereford City Centre, due to the construction of the new Link Road:

A49 Edgar Street
Date: 30 October until 4 November
Times: 8pm – 7am
Works undertaken: resurfacing and network upgrade
Traffic management: lane closures and diversion

Newtown Roundabout
Date: 11 September until 10 November
Times: around the clock
Works undertaken: widening works
Traffic management: southbound lane closure and diversion

Farriers Way and Newtown Road
Date: 5 November until 11 November
Works undertaken: resurfacing
Traffic management: closure of northbound lane at Farriers Way and Newtown Road closure at the roundabout

Newtown Roundabout
Date: 12 November until 19 November
Traffic management: temporary traffic lights

A465 Commercial Road and Aylestone Hill
Date: 19 November until 26 November
Traffic management: HGV closure and diversion

From Hereford 2020;

ROAD WORKS | Here's a list of road works which are being undertaken in the upcoming months in Hereford City Centre, due to the construction of the new Link Road:

A49 Edgar Street
Date: 30 October until 4 November
Works undertaken: resurfacing and network upgrade
Traffic management: lane closures and diversion

Newtown Roundabout
Date: 11 September until 10 November
Times: around the clock
Works undertaken: widening works
Traffic management: southbound lane closure and diversion

Farriers Way and Newtown Road
Date: 5 November until 11 November
Traffic management: closure of northbound lane at Farriers Way and Newtown Road closure at the roundabout

Newtown Roundabout
Date: 12 November until 19 November
Traffic management: temporary traffic lights

A465 Commercial Road and Aylestone Hill
Date: 19 November until 26 November
Traffic management: HGV closure and diversion

At least they are all overnight works.

Couple that with the recent announcement of works between the Clehonger turn on the A465 and just past Belmont Tesco (resurfacing works from what I can gather) and we will almost have the perfect storm - roadworks and delays on 2 of the major routes in to the city (3 if you count the water mains works at Three Elms as well). Only need them to decide to dig up the A49 between Redhill and the Callow and may as well stay at home for the next couple of months.

On the flip side, at least once they are all complete, there shouldn't be any need to dig them up again for a while.....

Belmont road resurfacing is being carried out under convoy, so no road closures there, and work will be done 6pm-1am from 18th Sept.

Whitecross Road is also being done 6pm- 1am from 25th Sept.

A4103 resurfacing is being done with day time closures 8am-6pm starting 18th Sept.

So we have tarmac doing the overnight resurfacing for Griffiths.
Griffiths doing the road widening on Newtown Road
Welsh water installing new pipes in a few places

Western power down the Lugg Flats,Balfour Beatty doing the road resurfacing for Herefordshire Council.... Who seem to take the blame for it all  :Grin: 

I braved the A49 Newtown Road northbound this morning - flew through, none of the usual delays - work in progress consisted of 4 workers leaning on a fence talking. However, coming back was rather different - traffic is diverted onto Yazor Road and Whitecross Road, more than doubling it's load. Result - nothing moving. At all. Gave up at the end of Yazor Road, turned right and headed back across the top of the City. Nine weeks of this - the cost to business will be massive - I lost an hour which no one will pay me for.

Indeed Twowheels...  I took my son to school on my trusty scooter this morning, Grandstand Road - empty...  Newtown Road - still open, but empty...

In fact we didn't have to stop once until we got near the top of Aylestone Hill.

Brilliant!  I thought...  Nine more weeks of this?  I love it!

Fast forward to lunchtime...

Ah...  Yazor Road solid both ways.  Whitecross Road solid both ways...

I'm just glad I'm on a scooter and not stuck in a car.

Two wheels are indeed good!

I braved the A49 Newtown Road northbound this morning - flew through, none of the usual delays - work in progress consisted of 4 workers leaning on a fence talking. However, coming back was rather different - traffic is diverted onto Yazor Road and Whitecross Road, more than doubling it's load. Result - nothing moving. At all. Gave up at the end of Yazor Road, turned right and headed back across the top of the City. Nine weeks of this - the cost to business will be massive - I lost an hour which no one will pay me for.

Why not do what everyone else is doing and going down perseverence road then going through the narrow bridge.

Wait until next week when they start closing Belmont Road from 6pm until 1am. Can't see how the likes of Domino's, McD's, Tesco etc are going to manage, as the majority of their business takes place after that (especially McD's on Belmont Road)

Roads not being closed,they will have a convoy system in place.

On another note have just cycled past the road works on Newtown Rd,not a single worker to be seen

Getting very bored with all the road works / closures .........our normal trip into town from Tillington takes 10 / 12 minutes , yesterday and today it took 30 and 32 minutes , that's at 0800 !

On our return at 0915 the traffic queue into town was nose to tail from Wyevale .

No true reporting on BBC Hereford and Worcs other than saying traffic travelling south along A49 is diverted left at the Starting Gate to Aylestone Hill !

On the 25th Sept for three days the A480 road from Kington direction etc. Is going to be closed from the Stretton Sugwas / A4103 Roman Rd roundabout to the A438 Kings Acre Rd by Wyevale , must therefore presume that the traffics will be diverted along the Roman Rd to Three Elms Rd etc....

Enjoy !

Getting very bored with all the road works / closures .........our normal trip into town from Tillington takes 10 / 12 minutes , yesterday and today it took 30 and 32 minutes , that's at 0800 !

On our return at 0915 the traffic queue into town was nose to tail from Wyevale .

No true reporting on BBC Hereford and Worcs other than saying traffic travelling south along A49 is diverted left at the Starting Gate to Aylestone Hill !

On the 25th Sept for three days the A480 road from Kington direction etc. Is going to be closed from the Stretton Sugwas / A4103 Roman Rd roundabout to the A438 Kings Acre Rd by Wyevale , must therefore presume that the traffics will be diverted along the Roman Rd to Three Elms Rd etc....

Enjoy !

Its easier to go down a4103 towards starting gate over roundabout to Old School Lane,down Kingsway,over bridge into Widemarsh Street