Giant slip n slide finally coming to Hereford

ragwert

Tickets are £10 for half hr and can be bought here

All the hallmarks of an expensive chaotic event. People who allegedly are barely getting by will suddenly be finding money for their kids' to have a go .... Best avoided by anyone with any sense .... 

All the hallmarks of an expensive chaotic event. People who allegedly are barely getting by will suddenly be finding money for their kids' to have a go .... Best avoided by anyone with any sense .... 

Good grief Roger...Did you fall out the wrong side of the bed this morning..

Hi

Yes it is a tenner a turn, but unlike other "attractions" that have come to Hereford over recent years, they are honest and up front at how many folks can expect from their 1/2 hour purchase, also how many others will be sharing at time, and how many slip slides you may expect to get in your purchased time slot.

I hope that this is a success and that the Board and Skate park earn themselves a modest but much needed commission from this event, the work the volunteers have done there to provide kids with a venue for fun and activity should be applauded and commended.

Whilst I shall not be partaking ( I have a prior commitment ) I wish them every success and I guess at £2.50 per slide ( if you manage the expected 4 goes ) it is not bad value.

Pete

Looking at the figures projected the maximum customer revenue they could take is £3200. 

The slide is 152 metres long. In my own mind I just don't envisage it will resemble a St. Moritz style bobsleigh run. I can just see this going the same way as the Winter Wonderland style fake snow events (with smoking Elves) and, indeed, our very own sausage and cider fiasco .... 

Looking further at the website that  the 'Event' is published on the sub section that hosts the 'attraction' has hosted no events (that have happened) this year. The Hereford event is the first date for this year. Website

You may need to toggle around the website as it's 'basic'. But look under 'attractions' ....