Number Plate Recognition at OLM

So I know that both parking and the OCM development are topics close to the hearts of many HV members so you will like this.

Mrs Knight and I decided to use the covered parking at the OCM today because it was raining and we were off to the back row to watch Spectre.

When we picked up the ticket driving into car park I made an observation and that was the registration number printed on our ticket, courtesy of the cameras, was an exact match....for the car just ahead of us!!!

So not to find ourselves in any conflict during our exit later I tracked down the management suite who explained that this can happen on occasion.

Enjoyed the film, the meal at Wildwoods and on leaving there was a moment's hesitation at the barrier and a voice from nowhere said ...That's ok he spoke us earlier...and we were gone.

It's pays to cover your bases or the thing you sit on because it would have spoilt a good day out!

It used to miss our mx5 as the system that is used to read the reg was not set at the correct height :-)
On another note in and around the City was packed yesterday with both Garrick,Gaol St East St,Tesco & Old market car parks full,don't

think I have ever seen so any people in town

This is one of the reason why a friend of mine still get letters now and again via the London congestion charge zone. Number plate recognition is not as perfect as we are led to believe.

Considering the thousands of cars that enter our capitols congestion zone I think it does remarkably well. Bare in mind a lot of cars will be dirty and have all sorts of stuff possibly covering the number plates particularly this time of year with all the leaves. 

As I have Daytime Running Lights, quite often I have a mismatched or no VRM on my ticket. What I can't understand is the fact that you have to put THAT entry ticket into the machine to pay then into the exit machine? Where's the problem if VRM is wrong, you've paid for that ticket. Correct me if I'm wrong but that system is flawless on terms of paid parking, no matter how it may be abused.

On another note I have also received a PCN or four from Londontown for congestion charges. I've never driven into Albert Square! Proved it via CCTV and they weren't even bothered. Said it happens all the time.

As I have Daytime Running Lights, quite often I have a mismatched or no VRM on my ticket. What I can't understand is the fact that you have to put THAT entry ticket into the machine to pay then into the exit machine? Where's the problem if VRM is wrong, you've paid for that ticket. Correct me if I'm wrong but that system is flawless on terms of paid parking, no matter how it may be abused.

On another note I have also received a PCN or four from Londontown for congestion charges. I've never driven into Albert Square! Proved it via CCTV and they weren't even bothered. Said it happens all the time.

The ticket is timed not your car reg so even if there is a mistake with reg on ticket it will still be accepted when you leave.