Farmers Club to Cosy Club

Colin James

Farmers Club to Cosy Club!

Simply Stunning.jpg

Photo courtesy Hereford Times

cosyclub.png

The former "Farmers Club" now currently owned by Simply Stunning on the corner of Widemarsh Street was sold several months ago, I can now reveal that the new owners are "Cosy Club" restaurant and bar, due to open in February 2016.

The Cosy Clubs are all day eating & drinking venues, open from 9am in the morning for brunch & coffee, right through to dinner & cocktails in the evening. Serving an array of mouth-watering food and quality libations in a slightly gentrified and quirky environment. 

*Winner of Restaurants Magazine’s Operators of the year 2013

*Winner of best emerging concept Restaurants retailer of the year
*Recently voted in the Times top 10 fastest growing companies 2013

*Highly commended best design restaurant of the year

I saw in the HT a couple of months back or so a notice asking permission from the company that owns the Cosy club, so I had a idea they was comming here.

Not for me, it falls in the same type of place as Frankie and Benny, Nandos, and other places of that type. I like cheap and cheerful and looking at the menu for the cosy club, that is not what they are.

Weatherspoons is my type of thing.

It is better than an empty building. Running a business is a risk and this group must believe there's mileage in adding to the growing list of eating places. I see this as a better risk than nightclubs which nationally are closing in big numbers.

I wish them well.

It was not that long ago when we had hardly any restaurants in Hereford, better to have too much choice than not enough, I wish them all well.

• 2 months later...

Having been to the Stamford Cosy Club I can only express delight that Hereford is getting its own. This is part of the company's rapid nationwide expansion, so we are really lucky to be getting one. They are also very family friendly. Stay as long as you like. Equally, they are no fools. They must have a viable business model. I think this is further confirmation of the rapid improvement in the city centre.

• 4 weeks later...

Can't wait for the Cosy Club to open!  It was very sad that The Farmers Club had to close in 2012 after 85 years trading as a Social Club for farmers and their affiliates.  The building is magnificent and has been much improved and updated sympathetically.  I hope that the new interior will be approved by all those members who have such fond recollections.  it won't be the same, of course, but I'm really looking forward to seeing some of you there and to sharing stories and memories  :Happy_32:

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...