The Unforgiveable Stupidity Of Its Our County and Independent Councillors.

bobby47

Bobby....   A brilliant post.  Well said, and conveys the frustration that so many people are feeling.

Watching the results come in on Friday made for a very frustrated, and increasingly angry Clarkester.

The mind boggles really at the stupidity of it all.

The people of Widemarsh have made a big mistake by missing out on Amanda, and Newton Farm, well quite frankly what went on there is ridiculous.

Politics eh?  What a load of sh..e!!!

Yes and that is against electoral law because it was in the poudar period. As I have heard that people were out canvassing at the door when the polling stations were open, in one ward but there will be an enquiry into that.

I know a few people who had leaflets on the morning of the election which i know is not allowed hopefully this will be looked into

Dazza has some valid points and in some ways it maybe a blessing that the IOC didn't take control of the council, some of us were late or last minute candidates and although we might if had the very best of intentions we might not of been ready to take control. This gives the unlucky candidates 4 years to prepare and get ready.

As I understand it deals were tried to be done but obviously not succesful, I myself was a candidate long before the Green Party decided to put one against me as if my ward wasn't hard enough, honestly you could walk a Labrador around my ward with a blue Rosette on it and it would pick up 500 votes, also in the case of Wormside I said at the time it was stupid to put a candidate against a sitting independent who was willing to work with the IOC. Lessons will be learned and the 'IOC want Hereford to go back to the dark ages' tag has to be lost, the party needs to change its ways and it will.

There is a group of new good honest candidates that were unsuccessful this time and we have pointed out that standing in the city is totally different to standing in the countryside, you cannot stand against each other in the sticks it is basically like Lambs to the slaughter for us and I would refuse to stand again unless it was 1 against 1 as the Tory will pick up 40% of the vote for just being blue. I think the party thought it was bigger than it is and has had a bit of a hammering, but now is the time to start rebuilding and getting ready for the next election but in the meantime we have 12 very good very capable councillors let's support them.

Forgive my naivety but how can a General Election be rigged and fiddled?

Postal votes is a good starting point. I had a shed load thru my door and I could have rigged the ones that weren't mine if I was minded to. I obviously didn't but you get my point .... 

Move left. Honestly represent the working class backbone of the country who've been out in the cold, blamed and scapegoated unfairly for decades.

Really? Ed's brother was on tv today saying that Ed's tactic of moving left cost them the Election. I expect a lurch to the right imminently to try and rebuild what they had with Blair when they moved so far towards the centre that they were basically left of centre Tories. They will change/massage any Policy in order to regain power for their Party.

Plus Lord Sugar (a Labour Lord) has fired The Labour Party as they are anti business.

Postal votes is a good starting point. I had a shed load thru my door and I could have rigged the ones that weren't mine if I was minded to. I obviously didn't but you get my point .... 

Really? Ed's brother was on tv today saying that Ed's tactic of moving left cost them the Election. I expect a lurch to the right imminently to try and rebuild what they had with Blair when they moved so far towards the centre that they were basically left of centre Tories. They will change/massage any Policy in order to regain power for their Party.

Plus Lord Sugar (a Labour Lord) has fired The Labour Party as they are anti business.

Well David Miliband is wrong isn't he?  I never registered them moving left - not one bit.  If they'd won the election they'd have been up the a.rs.es of the establishment before teatime.

They can't even say the phrase 'working class' now without breaking out into a profuse guilty sweat.

And Sugar's an unapologetic big-headed bully who needs bringing down off his perch and dumping into the small business wilderness where he belongs.  The biggest mistake Gordon Brown ever made was to elevate and give this piece of dirt a peerage, thereby cra.pp.ing on everything of value that the Labour Party's founding forefathers had built up from nothing with their own hands decades ago.

No wonder we all felt exploited, shafted to the hilt and left out in the cold.  Working class people can never progress with an a.rseh.ole like that dissembling and destroying everything they hold precious from a cossetted and privileged position at the top table.

Yes, move left. Waaaaaaaaaay left.  Try it.

They might be surprised that at long last people come flocking across to them in their desperate, baying millions (similar to the position in Scotland right now).

But if they return to the days of Tory Blair, war criminal and peace envoy, because they regard that as somehow 'successful' they're suffering from a rash of self-inflicted and potentially highly-destructive delusions.

Move to the left in twos...........  left................   TURRRRRRN !

Yet another breach of the rules which needs reporting.

Thanks for bringing this to everyone attention, Slim.

I must apologise for my completely out of character rant -a -thon yesterday, no excuse.....I was just very frustrated, very angry, and very upset.

That said....I feel a whole lot better for getting it off my chest. I completely stand by what I posted, but perhaps could have said in my usual, tactful way.....trouble is, I wasn't feeling terribly tactful........

Normal service will resume shortly.....!

Thanks for the replies TWG & Roger and Dippy. I only ask out of personal interest, in that I am an active member of the Bobblestock & Westfields community in helping Charles Nicholls to renovate the Westfields Park. Now he still got elected onto the City Council, and will be the next Mayor. If canvassing on polling day is forbidden, does that mean the result for the county council is invalid, or should the vote be done again. I know it sounds a bit like favouritism, but if the rules have been broken, or flagrantly ignored, who would make the decisions on electoral malpractice?

Im almost reluctant to step on such anger and disgust but like Amanda I did not stand to become an egocentric councillor.  I stood because the Independent leader could find no one else and when he told me there would be no opposition to the Conservative,  Dave Greenow I decided to take the plunge. Had I have known there was an excellent local IOC candidate I would have reached a different decision. 

There has to be one main opposing "block" to the Conservatives and I will for one be throwing my weight behind the strongest group - The IOC.

I hope once the disappointment and anger has subsided we can all move forward.  

Not even  sure a dog with a blue badge would be safe in Hagley!

Im almost reluctant to step on such anger and disgust but like Amanda I did not stand to become an egocentric councillor. I stood because the Independent leader could find no one else and when he told me there would be no opposition to the Conservative, Dave Greenow I decided to take the plunge. Had I have known there was an excellent local IOC candidate I would have reached a different decision.

There has to be one main opposing "block" to the Conservatives and I will for one be throwing my weight behind the strongest group - The IOC.

I hope once the disappointment and anger has subsided we can all move forward.

Not even sure a dog with a blue badge would be safe in Hagley!

Why do you not think that the Independents couldn't become the strongest opposition to the Torys? Even at his age Matthews is still probably the strongest leader in town. Why are all the Independents on here suddenly, post election, offering all the support possible to IOC? To make yourselves look like the good guys? If you were all the intellectual, broad thinking, sharp politicians you all think you are you would have thought about 'vote splitting' against the Torys long before a looming election. Get real. Rather than you all offering IOC support either jump ship and join IOC or work on building the Independents back up, you've got some strong members in the team.

Dazza I think The Independents were shocked by the energy of the IOC's.  Im sure Matthews in his day was a force but we couldnt even get an updated logo for this election.  A meeting was held to try and update the website but just not possible- it looks like something from North Korea and has no updated information. I think the biggest disappointment felt by 3 of us is the poor help that us new candidates received.  Even ten minutes with an experienced canvasser would have helped us but none forthcoming. The Independents are not a ship- there were 2 meetings before the election where we were given anti- Conservative data and then told what was wrong about the IOC- but it was difficult to find what the groups policies were. There are some honourable Independents but there are more disappointed ones. I intend to join the IOC.

Time to start anew then.

I hope that now everybody has been honest about the failings, those of us that still yearn for a better political landscape in Hereford can start putting in the hard work that's going to be required over the next few years.

I'm up for that challenge!