Q: About the Black Wheelies (councillors please?)

Biomech

I've been meaning to ask for a while now.

There's been a lot of delivery on the black wheelies now, but no one can use them until November.

Now I'm assuming this is because of a weight issue? And that the black bag lorries will need to be retrofitted with lifting mechanisms - yes? no?

My questions are:

A: If this is the case, how much will it cost to fit the lorries and how does that balance with the alleged savings being made?

B: If this is not the case, then why can't we use them?

Wheelie Bins.

I've no room for a wheelie bin,

Whether green or black.

If I get sent a wheelie bin,

I will have to send it back.

I'll wheel it back down Whitecross Road,

And park it at Plough Lane,

All this talk of wheelie bins,

Is driving me insane!

I think I'll stick with refuse bags,

And my trusty old dust bin,

It may not have the wheelie wheels,

But it does what it says on the tin!

And more here:

Do not try this in your street.

When the council have sold off all the playing fields this could be the only exercise we will get.

Very clever.

The council's answer for a cheaper waste incinerator.

I tend to agree Biomech!

And whilst we posters are quite happy to chip in and try to answer your query, I think you may have a long wait for a response from a councillor......is it just my imagination, or has it been an age since one posted upon these pages??

Is it the contentious threads of late that are frightening them all away???

I think you may have a long wait for a response from a councillor......is it just my imagination, or has it been an age since one posted upon these pages??

I don't expect them to ever reply, they never do unless it fits in with their agenda, most of them aren't bothered about the poor old towns folk, what we think and certainly have no interest in answering any questions that actually have any relevance.

Ask them what their plans are for the new elections and they'd reply in droves with the spineless promises that they have no intention of keeping.

Perhaps you should have worded your original question slightly differently then......

Ahem!!.

"Could Councillors please share with Hereford Voice members, their vision for 2015......and whilst you're tapping, explain what the heck is going on with these here bins!"

We have a few good eggs who post on here......I am perplexed as to why they have all disappeared at the same time.

Perhaps it's some sort of councillor industrial action?!?!

They're on strike!