Questions For Cllr Johnson

flamboyant

I would like to ask Cllr Johnson,

Since January 2013

How many new management positions have been created and what is the combined salary?

How many new posts have been created which command a salary of £30,000 but with no line management responsibility?

How many existing managers received a pay increase?

How many front line staff were made redundant and what was the salary savings?

Finally how much money did the Council save by reducing the grass cutting?

Good questions I can see leader Johnson get all hot & bothered under the collar trying to answer those?!

I'd like to ask does he think local authorities get good value for money by using private companies to perform services which used to be done in house when private companies main priorities is to make money first over & above the services there supposed to be delivering on?

why is it when they fail to deliver on those services that they are responsible for we the taxpayers have to pick up the tab & some lucky person walks off with some sort of pay off?

Also why does building work for local authorities & I include the police fire services & nhs in this cost a lot more than if the client was private?

I wonder if Colin WOULD submit a few on behalf of members....??

I'll wait and see how many we can come up with, and pm him!

I think I would ask something about the likelihood of the transport hub being created, and would it not make sense to bring this forward to free up the bus station for the new fire station.

I'd also like to know precisely how many compromise agreements have been signed since 2012, and how much this has cost us.

I'm liking those questions Denise!

I'd also like to ask the whole panel......have they also noticed the uncanny resemblance, between Harry Bramer, and the biscuit boy from the Cravendale milk advert??

Google it! It's incredible! Neat hair, eyes too close together.......see for yourselves!

If this thread is about the Civic Trust Question Time on 17 September please remember that you ask the others questions as well. They will be:-

Lucy Hurds - Lib Dems

Liz Morawiecka - Here for Hereford

Antony Powers - IOC

This is a chance to ask serious questions about what they see as the future for the City and County. That is not to say that Councillors do not have to answer for the decisions they have made but for me what is done is done and lets look forward to a better future.

I am not so much bothered about grass cutting as I am about what the LD's, H4H and IOC see as appropriate future development for us including the thorny by-pass issue. We know what the Tories want as it is in the Core Strategy. Also we could ask which party would carry on with privatising/outsourcing services and how they would control the runaway train that is spending on social care.

If we are going to decide who is the best party to lead us after next May's elections then this is the time to start asking such questions.

Fair point AV although some of the question noted down here could apply to any of the others members on the panel?

So maybe we should list a number of question down that we would like answers to,then decided to whom we would like each question to go to? Although I'm sure that they will all have a turn @ responding regardless of who the questions are put to first? It's just that we've got the knives out for tony biscuit head Johnson…I wouldn't want to eat him though as it would only leave a bad taste in my mouth!!!

• 2 weeks later...

So not long now till Question time with……… tony Johnson,Liz Hurds,Liz morawiecka & Antony Powers!!!!

I think this is a good opportunity for anyone who would like to ask some question but would rather remain anonymous although still be able to ask the panel some questions? But that's only if Colin is agreeable & of course if it is possible to choose some questions to put forward on behalf of Hereford voice bloggers??…Then that would be beautiful!!!

Cambo as it was your idea I think you should get the first question. I also think a question from Megilleland, TWG and Bobby as they are all very knowledgable about Council activities. In truth though I have no confidence in any question getting an honest or even a direct response. Since we now know, thanks to Dippy that the Council is run by biscuit heads!

Didn't finish work in time to watch the Q&A live but I have read through the threads, it's not easy to follow!

TJ as he's now calling himself was evasive as always, commenting that the Councils Directors were doing a great job almost had me choking on my tea! He really has no idea, maybe he is having trouble seeing through all that wool pulled down over his eyes! You haven't reduced the number of Senior Managers TJ they've just changed their titles, are you really so sure they are doing a great job?

Yes TWG it would appear so, they are about to swell the ranks with recently advertised posts, and these are only people earning £70 thousand plus! There are dozens earning below that threshold on £40 k and upwards which are new posts and posts that received wage increases in the restructure. You would think with all that expertise they could manage to respond to letters sent to the Chief Exec (the invisible man) who incidentally has not been seen for over 6 months! TJ then wonders why no one takes him seriously!

https://www.herefordshire.gov.uk/media/553345/salaries_1012014.csv

The following Statement was made by Tony Johnson on Herefordshire Councils Facebook page last night. If you have any doubt whether Tony was telling the truth then check out the above posts, Directors Structure 2013 and Directors Salaries 2014. The response is to a question about reducing the Salaries of top earners!

I did not personally stop any motion, that can only be done by the full Council. The pay levels of middle and senior managers are comparative to other councils and are set by our employment panel which comprises of a cross party group. Over the last 18 months we have seen a number of reductions in the number of senior manager and director posts. (TJ)