Excess Waste Collection

Biomech

What are we supposed to do about excess waste?

My recycling bin is overflowing and I'm having to use carry bags full of rubbish around the house - but those bags won't fit into the green bin and I'm guessing they won't take it if it's placed on to or next to it.

Any ideas what we're supposed to do?

I am sure , having walked in High Town that a number of residents / visitors to the City use the Wooden Horse ( film ) plan , ie. drop it down their trouser leg to dispose of the rubbish . It worked at the POW camp in Germany so they must presume that it should work in Herefordshire !

I was being a bit flippant in my previous post - I have often wondered what happens if - for whatever reason - one has more recyclables than the green bin can hold ? Next month Mrs Ubique and I are holding a Curry Lunch at our home for my Veterans Association and going on past events my recycling bin becomes full of glass! What I have done previously is box all the bottles and wait until the Rubbish/Recycling Collection vehicle comes calling , I then help "Lofty " put then into the correct side of the vehicle . That is a simple answer because I do not work ( Retired )

Hopefully , Biomech will have an answer soon - I am sure one suggestion will be to take it to the Recycling Station at Rotherwas but that is not the most efficient answer ......?....

It's due this week, but I have this weeks recycling to go in as well, so when they empt it it's going to be fully again.

I sure as hell won't be going to the tip with it, or do we have to pay them now for the privelage of getting rid of our own waste?!

To be honest, it's been full to the brim so long I thought they missed it (AGAIN) and was about to put in a pickup request.

It's due this week, but I have this weeks recycling to go in as well, so when they empt it it's going to be fully again.

I sure as hell won't be going to the tip with it, or do we have to pay them now for the privelage of getting rid of our own waste?!

To be honest, it's been full to the brim so long I thought they missed it (AGAIN) and was about to put in a pickup request.

When our wheelie bin was full and we had excess waste, we just put it out in a separate bag and spoke with them on the day and they took it all. 

Ask a neighbour if they have space - we have reciprocal arrangements with several of ours. Make sure card is folded flat and plastic milk cartons are squashed down, but don't squash tins (makes them harder to sort at the other end). We only have the smaller green bin and my wife and I manage to fill that comfortably every fortnight - and we're obsessive about recycling everything possible. If you have some clear recycling bags, use those, but, ultimately, you may have to black bin bag it to just to catch up.

Ubique - having walked up and down Bewell St a couple of times yesterday and today, the amount of litter and rubbish piled up and lying everywhere is just unbelievable. A disgrace. Bewell St could be a little jewel for shopping like Church St, but sadly it resembles an open sewer, made worse by the terrible failing paving. It reminded me why I do most of my shopping online.

To be honest, I don't think we should have to be sharing bins up and down the street because the coucnil can't be assed to run a proper service.

I guess I could black bin bag it all but then it kind of makes a mockery of recycling.

I'm meaning to check, I know if they miss you bin (which they do with mine regularly because they can't be assed to walk 2 meters) you can get a call out, I was going to check if you can get a callout for excess waste anyway - if so, we should all put in a pickup request every odd week that they're cutting ;)

What are we supposed to do about excess waste?

My recycling bin is overflowing and I'm having to use carry bags full of rubbish around the house - but those bags won't fit into the green bin and I'm guessing they won't take it if it's placed on to or next to it.

Any ideas what we're supposed to do?

I've got a standard large bin and quite often it starts getting pretty full, pretty quick ~ as I try to recycle as much as I can ...

I know the advice is not to crush the cans and stuff but that's not practical so I crush the contents by pressing down on the contents with a bin lid (so as not to cause injury to myself). In dire emergencies I would jump up and down on the lid by climbing into the bin. Only do this if you are able bodied ;-)

bin.jpg