Please Refrain From Posting Huge Topics

Colin James

Please note that the the very first topic (Start New Topic) that you create is what appears on the 'Front Page'(portal), so a reasonably detailed topic with a sensible sized photo (approx. 640x480) is acceptable. If you have for example 3 photo's, select the one that you want to appear and upload it then click Add To Post and it will appear wherever you decide and also will be appear on the 'Front Page' (portal), then for the other 2 photo's you can still upload them but do not click

Add To Post, as they will still appear but not on the 'Front Page' (portal) part.

If the post that you want to make is big or has a huge amount of text, then please post the main part as a topic and once post appears, click reply and add the remainder of the post as a reply to your first one, at least that way you will not dominate the 'Front Page' (portal) with a endless load of text. You can also add a file in the same way as you would add a photograph.

I have created a complete tutorial on how exactly to create a topic with or without photo's or files in more detail HERE which also explains about TAGS and how they work.

So I thought I would take you all under my wing Twitterbird.png like this.

I can make this little Twitter bird appear anywhere on here by just moving the code to where I want it to appear as you can see.

I have also created another tutorial on how to link to external websites HERE.

There are lots of things you can do when post like make the text appear in a different font and size or bold like this and you can also add some colour like this nice colour Blue. How about I underline this and make it italic 

• You can centre your text to stand out
  • Add bullets or numbers on the left for lists like this
  • Or show crossed out text like this

There are many functions available in order to get your message across in a better way but please remember:

TYPING IN CAPITOL LETTERS ONLINE IS CLASSED AS SHOUTING.

I hope this little tutorial helps because do not want to start limiting the amount of characters allowed. If you need ANY help on ANYTHING please just ask in this topic and I will try to guide you. It is not as difficult as some may think.

• 2 weeks later...

A pedant enquires: so what's your definition of a 'huge' topic', Colin?

S'pose, frixample, I needed to notify fellow Hereford Voice posters that John Jarvis was the Messiah (Strictly Edgar Street Grid, Messiah, you understand) and that we could hear these words as he preached from the roof of the Garrick House multi-stoey car park - once Hoarwithy Doggers had been discreetly removed - wearing a Druid vestment, with his right trouser leg rolled up to his knee, chanting: "Hear me, oh you doubters. This Blessed Retail Development, which has even been created in the name of, and for the exclusive profit of, British Land and its multifarious shareholders, shall forever - well for 250 years, anyway - be worshipped by those who come from far off places like Bromyard and Bullingham and Bolitree, bearing previously-used plastic carrier bags, saying 'Wait Rose Oh Wait Rose!' And, as at Walsingham, a holy fountain will deliver purified water (£1.99p in sealed half-litre containers, each carrying a facsimile signature of His Jarvisness).

I'm mean, is that what you'd classify as over-long?

A pedant enquires: so what's your definition of a 'huge' topic', Colin?

S'pose, frixample, I needed to notify fellow Hereford Voice posters that John Jarvis was the Messiah (Strictly Edgar Street Grid, Messiah, you understand) and that we could hear these words as he preached from the roof of the Garrick House multi-stoey car park - once Hoarwithy Doggers had been discreetly removed - wearing a Druid vestment, with his right trouser leg rolled up to his knee, chanting: "Hear me, oh you doubters. This Blessed Retail Development, which has even been created in the name of, and for the exclusive profit of, British Land and its multifarious shareholders, shall forever - well for 250 years, anyway - be worshipped by those who come from far off places like Bromyard and Bullingham and Bolitree, bearing previously-used plastic carrier bags, saying 'Wait Rose Oh Wait Rose!' And, as at Walsingham, a holy fountain will deliver purified water (£1.99p in sealed half-litre containers, each carrying a facsimile signature of His Jarvisness).

I'm mean, is that what you'd classify as over-long?

Please note that the the very first topic (Start New Topic) that you create is what appears on the 'Front Page'(portal), so a reasonably detailed topic with a sensible sized photo (approx. 640x480) is acceptable.

It's called common sense, I will remove massive long posts that dominate the front page so don't worry lol  :Winky:

• 2 weeks later...