Parliament corruption & the PPE contracts

Cambo

During the whole pandemic many people got filthy rich off government contracts for PPE including the dubious religious sect the Plymouth brethren/brethren according to a article in the Sunday times today they received millions from the awarding of government contracts…the brethren who own a factory down Rotherwas industrial estate as well as development land…they also have connections to political figures past & present which begs the question was there any corruption by parliamentarian involved in the awarding of these contracts? 

https://apple.news/AHHHWof0wTmC8_Yv2v3L9sw 

• Hereford Voice changed the title to Parliament corruption & the PPE contracts

I think your missing the point ragwert it’s how these contracts were procured & won with certain companies receiving millions if not billions of government (taxpayers) money…the question you should be asking was there anything shady about how the Plymouth brethren associated businesses managed to get those contract when they had no previous experience in or supply of PPE before? Some of it being described as substandard…although they seem to be good at lobbying politicians thou putting on events at parliament with photos opportunities with the speaker of the house no less

079A459C-8DA3-455F-88F8-11E111B12F8C.jpeg

This is a communication that I received from a guy who has been looking into the whole Plymouth brethren set up & how they operation there businesses…later I will post a link to their website it makes for  a fascinating as was as a insightful read.

I am aware of the Brethren in Hereford and the part of the Rotherwas industrial estate they occupy. They have a number of businesses and properties next to the gospel hall. The only one I am aware of winning a PPE contract is Halco Europe. There are 4 main families in the Hereford Brethren the Doouss, Markham, Bushnell and the Haughton families. 

The Bushnell's who own Selmach are related closely (brother in laws) to those behind Unispace.
The Doouss family are high up in the church.

To give you an idea of scale there are 23 brethren companies on the Rotherwas (18 live and 5 dissolved), according to companies house.

I always stick to facts, I also understand reluctance of press & websites to run stories. I would be more surprised if the brethren havent built strong relationships with the 2 MPs.

The interesting thing in your area is how many contracts were won by companies either on the estate or in Hereford.

Eumar - not brethren
Meddx - not brethren
Elite Plastics - not brethren but not 100% sure.
Halco Europe - definitely brethren
There is another but would need to search for that information.

Halco & Elite are back to back with each other.

Hope this helps

It is not only UK's politicians taking us for a ride. While the UK government was scamming the public with many of their friends getting billions for Covid aid. Canada is also refusing to say who got dollars in Covid aid with no details on how money is spent with $240 billion handed out in the first 8 months of pandemic. Also Big Pharma continues to rake in the money.

“Forget the politicians. The politicians are put there to give you the idea you have freedom of choice. You don't. You have no choice. You have owners. They own you. They own everything. They own all the important land, they own and control the corporations that've long since bought and paid for, the senate, the congress, the state houses, the city halls, they got the judges in their back pocket, and they own all the big media companies so they control just about all of the news and the information you get to hear. They got you by the balls. They spend billions of dollars every year lobbying to get what they want. Well, we know what they want. They want more for themselves and less for everybody else. But I'll tell you what they don't want. They don't want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don't want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They're not interested in that. That doesn't help them.”
― George Carlin

The standard business model for corporations is to lie, confuse and deny anything that may threaten their profitability.
― Steven Magee

10 hours ago, megilleland said:

It is not only UK's politicians taking us for a ride. While the UK government was scamming the public with many of their friends getting billions for Covid aid. Canada is also refusing to say who got dollars in Covid aid with no details on how money is spent with $240 billion handed out in the first 8 months of pandemic. Also Big Pharma continues to rake in the money.

“Forget the politicians. The politicians are put there to give you the idea you have freedom of choice. You don't. You have no choice. You have owners. They own you. They own everything. They own all the important land, they own and control the corporations that've long since bought and paid for, the senate, the congress, the state houses, the city halls, they got the judges in their back pocket, and they own all the big media companies so they control just about all of the news and the information you get to hear. They got you by the balls. They spend billions of dollars every year lobbying to get what they want. Well, we know what they want. They want more for themselves and less for everybody else. But I'll tell you what they don't want. They don't want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don't want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They're not interested in that. That doesn't help them.”
― George Carlin

The standard business model for corporations is to lie, confuse and deny anything that may threaten their profitability.
― Steven Magee

Listening to PMQ’s today a question about tackling fraud was raised a couple of times…if the government did actually take any real action on fraud then there would  be at least half if not all the members of the Houses of Parliament being arrested on a charge of defrauding the vast majority of people in this country for a lack of representation l 

• 3 weeks later...

A little while ago I submitted a FoI request to the charity commission asking for the names of the 200 MP’s who wrote in support of the Plymouth Brethren application to be registered as a charity

i have know had a response from the charity’s commission in regards to that FOI request both Herefordshire MP’s  names appear on the list of MP’s so that’s both Jesse Norman & Bill Wiggins who wrote in support of the Brethren getting charitable status

Unfortunately I’ve had to cut & paste this as I was unable to upload the PDF file

So here are all of the names of the 200 MP’s past & present who wrote to the charity commission in favor of the Plymouth Brethren receiving charitable status 

Thank you for your request for information received by the Charity Commission 9 February 2022. You asked:
“Can you tell me who were the
Your request has been processed under the provisions of the Freedom of Information Act
   2000 (FOIA).
I confirm the Commission holds this information.
The MPs who wrote to the Commission are as follows:
Edward Leigh MP
Jim Cunningham MP Jim Dobbin MP
James Wharton MP Mark Durkan MP
Nick Clegg MP Damian Collins MP Peter Aldous MP Alison Seabeck MP Greg Mulholland MP Karl McCartney JP MP Therese Coffey MP Nicky Morgan MP
On track to meet your deadline?
Visit www.gov.uk/charity-commission for help on filing your annual return and accounts
t: 0300 066 9197 (General enquiries) w: www.gov.uk/charity-commission
200 MPs who wrote to the commission after it
 initially refused to register the Preston Down Trust please.”

John Denham MP Mark Prisk MP Richard Ottaway MP Jonathan Lord MP Oliver Heald MP Peter Bone MP William Hague MP Nick de Bois MP
Ian Paisley MP
Nick Hurd MP
Robert Syms MP Gordon Henderson MP Andrew Jones MP Steve Brine MP
Keith Simpson MP
Jo Johnson MP Caroline Spelman MP David Amess MP Simon Reevell MP Julian Brazier MP Paul Blomfield MP George Howarth MP David Amess MP George Howarth MP Alec Shelbrooke MP Chris Skidmore MP Brian Binley MP Michael Gove MP Peter Luff MP
Fiona Bruce MP
Neil Carmichael MP Helen Grant MP Margaret Beckett MP Henry Smith MP Shailesh Vara MP Peter Lilley MP Lindsay Roy MP
Bill Wiggin MP
Ian Swales MP Therese Villiers MP
Ed Milliband MP Michael Fabricant MP Lorrainne Fulbrook MP Damian Hinds MP
Page 2 of 7

Tobias Ellwood MP Claire Perry MP Andrew Bridgen MP David Laws MP
David Blunkett MP Brian Donohoe MP Duncan Hames MP Daniel Kawczynski MP Henry Bellingham MP Tom Harris MP
Chris Williamson MP
Sajid Javid MP
Marcus Jones MP
Robert Buckland and Justin Tomlinson MP (joint letter)
Amber Rudd MP Michael Connarty MP Stephen Barclay MP Jim Murphy MP Jeremy Hunt MP
Priti Patel MP
David Burrowes MP John Bercow MP Austin Mitchell MP Nigel Evans MP Mark Menzies MP
Alan Johnson MP Alistair Burt MP
John Stanley MP Jack Lopresti MP Nicholas Soames MP Jake Berry MP
Esther McVey MP Richard Fuller MP Mike Crockart MP Wliiam McCrea MP Steven Pound MP Alex Cunningham MP Stephen Dorrell MP Greg Mulholland MP Nick Clegg MP James Paice MP John Whittingdale MP
Page 3 of 7

Oliver Colville MP Nick Boles MP
Jim Shannon MP George Howarth MP Ben Bradshaw MP John Redwood MP Grant Shapps MP Andrew Tyrie MP Andrew Rossindel MP Jessica Lee MP
Rob Wilson MP
Joe Benton MP Norman Lamb MP Bob Blackman MP Steven Brine MP George Freeman MP Simon Burns MP Gregory Campbell MP Andrew Turner MP Pete Wishart MP Malcolm Bruce MP Margaret Ritchie MP Anne Main MP
Kevan Jones MP
Greg Clark MP
Oliver Heald MP
Malcolm Wicks
Richard Fuller MP
Chris Huhne MP
Gavin Barwell MP
Geoffrey Clinton Brown MP Mark Hunter MP
Julian Huppert MP
Norman Lamb MP
Graham Brady MP
Michael Gove MP
Julian Sturdy MP
Pat Doherty MP
David Rutley MP
Jon Ashworth MP
Mark Garnier MP
Baroness Berridge [Note: House of Lords] Jeremy Lefroy MP
Theresa May MP
Page 4 of 7

Douglas Carswell MP Gordon Banks MP Nigel Adams MP Edward Timpson MP David Gauke MP Helen Goodman MP Dan Rogerson MP Damien Hinds MP Chris Skidmore MP Rosie Winterton MP Ed Vaizy MP
Edward Davey MP Normal Lamb MP Andrew Bridgen MP Ian Wright MP
John Leech MP
Greg Mulholland MP Jesse Norman MP Stuart Andrew MP Andrew Stephenson MP Sir Gerald Howarth MP Andrea Leadsom MP Paul Maynard MP
Nic Daykin MP
Chris Kelly MP
Stuart Jackson MP Peter Tapsell MP
Jacob Rees Mogg MP Douglas Carswell MP Rober Halfron MP Louise Ellman MP Graeme Morrice MP Luciane Berger MP Lord Cormack MP
Kate Green MP
John Howell MP
Dawn Primarolo MP John Randall MP Damien Collins MP
Nick Gibb MP
Heidi Alexander MP David Wright MP
Mark Garnier MP
Derek Twigg MP
Page 5 of 7

Ann Coffey MP
Barbara Keeley MP
Caroline Flint MP
Karen Buck MP
Caroline Lucas MP
Cherly Gillan MP
Richard Drax MP
Clive Efford MP
Nadhim Zawahi MP
Gareth Johnson MP
Roger Godsiff MP
Alistair Carmichael MP Simon Kirby MP
Tom Brake MP
Ben Gummer MP
Ann McGuire MP
Martin Caton MP
Annette Brooke MP
Lord Luce – house of Lords The Baroness O Cathian MP Hillary Benn MP
Mark Francois MP
Fabian Hamilton MP
Lord Tebbit – house of Lords
Yours sincerely
Mrs L Whitehurst
Data Protection and Information Rights team
Charity Commission at PO Box 211, Bootle, L20 7YX (email: RIGA@charitycommission.gov.uk).
the
 If you are dissatisfied with the handling of your request or the decision which has been
 reached, you have the right to ask for an internal review. Internal review requests must be
 submitted within two months of the date of this response and should be addressed to
 If you are not satisfied with the internal review, you are able to appeal to the Information Commissioner. Generally, the ICO cannot make a decision unless you have exhausted our review procedure. The ICO can be contacted at the Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire SK9 5AF (email: Home | ICO).
 Page 6 of 7

Page 7 of 7

• 2 weeks later...

Not a fan of Alastair Campbell but he has a point the question also arises how much of the PPE equipment supplied by companies associated with the Plymouth brethren was defective?…& why should we the taxpayers have to bare the cost for this as Alastair Campbell puts it criminal incompetence?

998197BE-CB2B-4CD4-983C-CE11F3C73D45.thumb.jpeg.322da380f98766150837b5f5e6e34a8e.jpeg

On 14/03/2022 at 09:05, Aylestone Voice said:

So the planning application is for a change of use for another Brethren business spectrum products (UK) ltd which is run voluntary with all proceeds going to the regional brethren school which is a school for the members own children? Or does it except children from within the wider community?

D58A69E2-8E97-4806-B5E1-8AE1BE563B89.thumb.png.f7519e112f46317a2a8e08091bafa918.pngthe wi

771B9D10-8A9B-44C9-AFA4-283320F0E974.png

Meanwhile our MPs are looking after their own interests

Is the Price Right?

You can be a 1p under, but not a penny over

Tory MPs lobbied committee over ‘impractical’ second jobs rules

At least 20 Conservative MPs lobbied a committee investigating new rules on second jobs and their behaviour in the Commons chamber, with many saying they strongly disagreed with time limits on outside work.

DWP bungles benefits over 1p, as MPs rake it in

Readers' comments:

* I was surprised to read that the government has concluded that limits on MPs’ hours or earnings from second jobs are “impractical” (Report, 17 March). I’ve been on employment and support allowance (ESA) since I had to stop full-time work due to incurable cancer. Work is permitted while claiming ESA subject to limits on both hours and earnings.

I currently work 11 hours a week for a local charity. In February, the Department for Work and Pensions terminated my benefit, without notifying me, because someone incorrectly calculated that I had earned 1p more than the permitted amount. I’m accused of earning £143 in a week. The limit is £142.99. I actually earn £142.61. I’m appealing to reverse the decision. In the meantime, the DWP has entirely stopped my benefits.

We could argue about the rights and wrongs of MPs’ second jobs. We could also argue about the rights and wrongs of abrupt earnings caps for those on benefits. What the government can’t honestly do is put an entire bureaucracy in place to police the benefits system while arguing that to apply similar rules to a few hundred of its own MPs is “impractical”. You couldn’t get a clearer demonstration of how those in positions of power are not held to the same scrutiny as the rest of us.
Alex Bicknell
London

* Bill Wiggin seems very concerned that rules on second incomes for MPs may be so complex that they may inadvertently break them, and therefore it’s best not to have any regulation (Report, 17 March). What nonsense! But hey, it may be that Sir Bill is incapable of understanding tricky regulations. In which case we may ask – does he have the intellectual capacity to continue as an MP? What an incredibly low bar the Conservatives must have for selecting election candidates.

In this parliamentary session, Wiggin has earned more than £75,000 in outside work plus ad hoc rental income of £10,000 for his London home. No wonder he’s so concerned.
Gaynor Bentley
Ledbury, Herefordshire

* Tory MPs lobbying to keep second jobs is understandable. After all, for a lot of them being an MP is their second job.
Pete Bibby
Sheffield

• 3 weeks later...

The Department of Health and Social Care is set to pay up to £35m to dispose of unusable PPE, after admitting it expected to burn nearly 600 lorry-loads of equipment a month.

Following intense criticism over plans to send “mountains” of personal protective equipment bought during the pandemic to the incinerator, CSW can reveal the department has agreed to pay two waste companies up to £17.5m apiece for PPE “recycling and recovery services”.

Veolia UK and SUEZ Recycling and Recovery UK have been tasked with “managing the whole waste management process to assess, collect, handle and dispose of” equipment that DHSC no longer wants.

The two “lead waste partners” are each set to bank at least £11.7m destroying unusable PPE over the next two years – rising to £17.5m if the contracts are extended for a third year.

DHSC to pay up to £35m to dispose of unused pandemic PPE
Waste companies to get £17.5m apiece after department admitted plans to burn mountains of equipment

The Department of Health and Social Care is set to pay up to £35m to dispose of unusable PPE, after admitting it expected to burn nearly 600 lorry-loads of equipment a month.

Following intense criticism over plans to send “mountains” of personal protective equipment bought during the pandemic to the incinerator, CSW can reveal the department has agreed to pay two waste companies up to £17.5m apiece for PPE “recycling and recovery services”.

Veolia UK and SUEZ Recycling and Recovery UK have been tasked with “managing the whole waste management process to assess, collect, handle and dispose of” equipment that DHSC no longer wants.

The two “lead waste partners” are each set to bank at least £11.7m destroying unusable PPE over the next two years – rising to £17.5m if the contracts are extended for a third year.

The contracts were awarded at the end of March, after DHSC admitted it was expecting to burn 15,000 pallets of equipment – equivalent to 576 lorry-loads – per month.

At last count, seven billion units of PPE have been marked as “do not supply” to the NHS after going through compliance checks – amounting to nearly one in five items bought as part of the pandemic response. Of that figure, 1.2 billion items are “wastage” – meaning they cannot be used in any setting.

Jonathan Marron, director general of the department's Office for Health Improvement and Disparities, told MPs on the Public Accounts Committee last month that while efforts were being made to recycle unusable equipment where possible, "more traditional waste disposal methods" would also be needed.

The two companies will assess whether equipment DHSC plans to dispose of can be recycled and present the department with options.

Last week, health minister Edward Argar said the department wanted to “accelerate the speed” of its disposal programme, “particularly for stock that is likely to become out-of-date before it is ever used and is unsuitable for recycling” to cut down on storage costs – which currently stand at £2.75 per pallet per week.

Argar said the department would work with the two waste companies to consider options, including "energy from waste" processes – incineration.

He said while DHSC's priority is to "sell, donate, repurpose or recycle wherever we can", in many instances this will not be possible.

"The majority of PPE items are designed to be single use and disposed of as medical waste and so are often made up of complex chains of polymers. These items cannot be broken down for recycling. As a result, many of the products we hold are not able to be fully recycled and around half are completely non-recyclable," he said.

The department must therefore take a "realistic, pragmatic approach to managing stock and putting in place solutions that make sense economically and environmentally", he added.

“Environmental concerns will be key, and we will be taking into consideration the government’s waste hierarchy, prioritising recycling, and then energy from waste for that proportion of stock which we hold that cannot be recycled."

The department has also agreed to pay £122,976 to a third company, Ramco UK, for help auctioning off unused PPE stock DHSC bought in response to the Covid-19 pandemic.

Individuals and companies will be able to bid for the leftover equipment.

In his statement, Argar said the company had so far sold 330 million masks to two private companies through a separate process, and had other deals in the pipeline.

DHSC is also looking to prolong the shelf life of PPE that has expired in a bid to cut down on waste. It recently appointed a lab to carry out tests on medical-grade face masks and visors to see whether use-by dates can be extended.

and following:

DHSC bought £122m PPE from Tory peer-linked firm 'for almost three times manufacturing fee'The 25 million gowns were never used after failing an inspection

And so it goes on with the public being shafted.

• 5 weeks later...

This looks likely to be pass a application for 3 dwellings in Broomy Hill on ground belonging to mr & mrs B Bushnell’s home who are one of the main brethren families in Hereford…one thing about a lot of these church leaders is you find as well as being good at preaching the word of the almighty from the pulpit they are extremely good at creating business opportunity’s for themselves something to be admired in a way really it’s a shame they don’t do more charitable Christian works within the local communities they are based from the wealth they have created from their business ventures? Or maybe they do we just don’t get to hear about it?

FD4DB00A-3CDF-431A-B6DE-291E63234767.thumb.jpeg.62ffe2c1d3e9bc7a3ae8d8922d10a5d8.jpeg 

https://www.herefordshire.gov.uk/info/200142/planning_services/planning_application_search/details?id=203335&search-term=203335