Hereford Journal News Shock

Glenda Powell

I have just come back from the Information Centre to pick up a copy of the Journal, only to be shown a letter from the Journal office stating as from next week the Hereford Journal is no longer FREE, there will be a cost of 45p per copy to members of the public, this will come into effect next week. They are also looking for new outlets for the journal to be picked up from.

I have just come back from the Information Centre to pick up a copy of the Journal, only to be shown a letter from the Journal office stating as from next week the Hereford Journal is no longer FREE, there will be a cost of 45p per copy to members of the public, this will come into effect next week. They are also looking for new outlets for the journal to be picked up from.

• 1 year later...

heh, thanks for the bump Colin.

I don't by papers, but if I did, I'd pay 45p for it, I find it far superior than the trash that the HT put out. The HT that's what, £1.40 now? and 90% housing and car adverts.
I find the advertising rates at the HJ much better and the staff more pleasant to speak with.

How about the old admag, everytime it appears on my floor, with it's 5 pages or so, I always wonder what it is :P

I class myself as fortunate, other than when they first said it would be 45p it disappeared for three months, then one Thursday evening it was put through my letterbox, and has been delivered ever since free of charge. I must agree the Journal is far superior to HT and if you want something put into the Journal it is printed.