Pleasant Suprise

Colin James

To be fair, Neil Davies has been very helpful, he was here again yesterday and we had a chat, loads of the tree's and brambles have been cleared, we decided between us which ones needed clearly. Neighbours are all really happy, lots of light now again, just like it used to be, have a look

Colin,it's nice to see it back as it should be, but it has been a long time coming and we can now see the Withy brook again. Glenda

Yes Bill, the water flows where I have put the arrows.

newtonbrook.png

Colin,it's nice to see it back as it should be, but it has been a long time coming and we can now see the Withy brook again. Glenda

Glenda, I think you mean the Newton Brook, not the Withy Brook, but yes it looks a lot better now, I had several conversations and meetings on site with Neil Davies, who was very helpful in getting all that I requested sorted for me. It looks much better and a lot more light coming through again now, just as it used to be 21 years ago :Happy_32: even a few of the neighbours said how much better it looks, which is great.

Yes Bill, the water flows where I have put the arrows.

Glenda, I think you mean the Newton Brook, not the Withy Brook, but yes it looks a lot better now, I had several conversations and meetings on site with Neil Davies, who was very helpful in getting all that I requested sorted for me. It looks much better and a lot more light coming through again now, just as it used to be 21 years ago :Happy_32:  even a few of the neighbours said how much better it looks, which is great.

Colin, I have checked in regard to the brook, the Newton Brook starts at Kingfisher Rd and travels down Waterfield Rd to the the side of Carwardine green, once it goes under the main road by the Three Counties Hotel it becomes the Withy brook, which may seem unusual but remember being told this many years ago when I became a councillor by another Belmont Ward councillor!

Colin, I have checked in regard to the brook, the Newton Brook starts at Kingfisher Rd and travels down Waterfield Rd to the the side of Carwardine green, once it goes under the main road by the Three Counties Hotel it becomes the Withy brook, which may seem unusual but remember being told this many years ago when I became a councillor by another Belmont Ward councillor!

So you stating that the brook within Glastonbury Close is actually Withy Brook then?

Now I am really confused as Cllr Edwards refers to this brook (Glastonbury Close) as Newton Brook like Colin

Sent: 26 July 2009 16:47

To: Jackson, Martin

Cc: Hemblade, Robert; belmontrural@yahoo.co.uk; belmont.lpt@westmercia.pnn.police.uk

Subject: FW: Glastonbury Close Open Space / Newton Brook fencing panels

Importance: High

Please confirm what action has been taken as regards clearance of the Newton Brook (site at the end of Glastonbury Close, Belmont) because I remain concerned about potential flash flooding issues at and around the Three Counties Hotel complex and adjacent houses to the Brook. I further notice that one of the new galvanised spiked fence uprights is also mixed in with the debris in the Brook.

Further downstream and where the Newton Brook empties into the River Wye (access from CH7 Footway off Golden Post or Sydwall Rd area) the tributary is full of timber and waste which is now aiding inappropriate crossing of the Brook and also providing access to Barwood House which is suffering from inappropriate activities and vandalism.

Finally, I note metal fencing opposite 116 Golden Post, Hunderton, has been cut and bent up so that unofficial access to the woodland POS is now leading to fly tipping, which will no doubt eventually end up in the Brook! Please can you work with Herefordshire Housing Ltd and/or others to reduce incidents like this and ensure that the Newton Brook is cleared?

I got this statement from HERE

Rightmove also refer to this as the Newton Brook HERE

So can we have some clarification please

Withy brook is in Lower Bullingham not Belmont, near to Rotherwas.

This whole area is a lot better now, I am pleased the you got it back to it's original state Colin. Good communication with Amey, worth all the effort. :Happy_32: 

There are a few Withy brooks in Herefordshire, but we do have one in Belmont it runs near to where Cllr Edwards lives along the CH7 pathway by Barwood House.

So you stating that the brook within Glastonbury Close is actually Withy Brook then?

I have just come off the phone from speaking to Cllr Edwards, The Newton Brook and Withy Brook flows into each other further down stream and then goes into the River Wye. So in actual fact we are all right.

I have just come off the phone from speaking to Cllr Edwards, The Newton Brook and Withy Brook flows into each other further down stream and then goes into the River Wye. So in actual fact we are all right.

It is just a little annoying when people post and Councillor you correct them as if they are wrong :Surprised_32:  but the information that you correct them with is actually wrong, like below you said,

Once it goes under the main road by the Three Counties Hotel it becomes the Withy brook

Which is actually not correct at all, Colin James was 100% correct with his original illustration (Newton Brook) so you were wrong all along, yes? all you did was to confuse everyone.

It is just a little annoying when people post and Councillor you correct them as if they are wrong :Surprised_32:  but the information that you correct them with is actually wrong, like below you said,

Which is actually not correct at all, Colin James was 100% correct with his original illustration (Newton Brook) so you were wrong all along, yes? all you did was to confuse everyone.

Mr Preece, I have not corrected anyone but you think what you like. Personally it doesn't bother me what you or anyone else thinks.

As I have said in a previous post I have a website of my own of which the finalisation pages are being created. I was asked by my constituents who appreciate what I do for them to create my own website before the election! but due to council commitments this is the first oportunity to grant their wishes.They have told me they are waiting to contact me on there!

Mr Preece, I have not corrected anyone but you think what you like. Personally it doesn't bother me what you or anyone else thinks.

As I have said in a previous post I have a website of my own of which the finalisation pages are being created. I was asked by my constituents who appreciate what I do for them to create my own website before the election! but due to council commitments this is the first oportunity to grant their wishes.They have told me they are waiting to contact me on there!

Thats funny in an email dated 20th August see below you stated you have a website for your constituents to use.So why are having a second one done for you.As stated in the above email ,people will pick up on things like this if you are not carefull.You have to get facts correct before printing them.Especially being a councillor.

It may seem I am answering every topic but in fact I am not. I have a very heavy work schedual as a councillor who was elected by the residents of Belmont ward to serve on three councils, and I also have my own website for my constituents to contact me with any matters they wish to bring to my attention, which I endevour to help them with, including keeping everyone up to date with my newsletters, as well as supporting you all here.

Mrs Preece actually.

Councillor Powell you did correct someone here

by suggesting this was actually the withy brook and not the newton brook as Colin James had illustrated. I am not being funny with you just pointing out, that making a statement like that is confusing to the other members. I think you need to point out as a councillor that you were actually wrong and infact it is the newton brook within the Glastonbury Close area.

Mrs Preece actually.

Councillor Powell you did correct someone here by suggesting this was actually the withy brook and not the newton brook as Colin James had illustrated. I am not being funny with you just pointing out, that making a statement like that is confusing to the other members. I think you need to point out as a councillor that you were actually wrong and infact it is the newton brook within the Glastonbury Close area.

I have to agree.

Mrs Preece actually.

Councillor Powell you did correct someone here by suggesting this was actually the withy brook and not the newton brook as Colin James had illustrated. I am not being funny with you just pointing out, that making a statement like that is confusing to the other members. I think you need to point out as a councillor that you were actually wrong and infact it is the newton brook within the Glastonbury Close area.

Good idea to post all corrections that way it stops confusions all around.